Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Pirate58

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE Red Hot
VIbration on 2014 1LE

My 2014 2SS 1LE has been in the shop repeatedly since I bought it in Feb for vibration. They have changed all the tires and some more than once, they have scraped up my wheels removing weights with a screwdriver and it still vibrates from 68mph and gets worse at higher speeds. Now the second gear synchronizer went out at 3000 miles and they reassembled the trans at the scatter shield and tail with RTV sealant and smeared it on like a 5 year old would do and it leaks now at both locations. Are there any GM employees on here that can give me some advice. This is happening at a dealership that was bought out and is now Hendricks Chevrolet in Hoover Al. It started before it was bought but they quality of work there hasn't changed. I don't know how to post pictures on here or I would show you what I am talking about. Any help would be welcomed
Pirate58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Call GM and open a case file. Things will happen faster and people will be a lot nicer at the dealer.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate58 View Post
My 2014 2SS 1LE has been in the shop repeatedly since I bought it in Feb for vibration. They have changed all the tires and some more than once, they have scraped up my wheels removing weights with a screwdriver and it still vibrates from 68mph and gets worse at higher speeds. Now the second gear synchronizer went out at 3000 miles and they reassembled the trans at the scatter shield and tail with RTV sealant and smeared it on like a 5 year old would do and it leaks now at both locations. Are there any GM employees on here that can give me some advice. This is happening at a dealership that was bought out and is now Hendricks Chevrolet in Hoover Al. It started before it was bought but they quality of work there hasn't changed. I don't know how to post pictures on here or I would show you what I am talking about. Any help would be welcomed
My deepest apologies to read about this situation. I certainly understand your frustration and would like to assist. When you're able, please message me privately so we can discuss the matter further. I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
I hate to be an armchair mechanic, but since they have replaced numerous tires, and assuming that they know how to properly balance wheels, this points to possibly a bearing issue somewhere in the drive line.

I'm sure that the folks over at Hendricks will figure it out.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
And don't settle for the scratched wheels either. There are tools and procedures for removing those weights, and also a solvent for removing adhesive residue and dirt before putting on new ones.

Sounds like amateur hour at your dealer.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote