Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #15
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
thats funny how they can mark it up and they dont even know that there is a ss or z28 model! i hate greedy dealers. i hope they all rot in hell. sorry
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #16
rid2win
The Deal Maker

Drives: Regal And Shadow 750
Smile How I Know

I work for a Chevy dealer in SoCal. Now this is what the word has been in regards to them marking them up. Even though the mark ups bring me more money in commission(which is what my income is based on), I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. It is absolutely The great news is that I work for a family owned dearlship and so far they said that there will be no mark up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Where did you "hear" this information? Read it somewhere? See it on tv? Through a friend?

If this was through a friend, remember, GM sets the price. It's all going to be MSRP. Now, what a dealers does specifically will vary from dealer to dealer. I guarantee you, there will be plenty of dealers ALL OVER THE COUNTRY charging over MSRP. But, I can also guarantee you, there will always be others out there who believe selling at nothing over MSRP.

Now, if this was through news, mag, site, etc, post up the link if you can. I'd like to hear what they have to say. I want to know how they figure all are going to be doing this, marking it up 5k to 10k, how they know there will be an SS AND Z28, etc. Just curious about any other info they might have put up.
rid2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #17
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Unlike the challenger and the GT500, the base v6 and base v8 camaro will be produced in LARGE quantities. So markups wont last long once supply catches up to demand (5-6 months)
Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #18
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rid2win View Post
I work for a Chevy dealer in SoCal. Now this is what the word has been in regards to them marking them up. Even though the mark ups bring me more money in commission(which is what my income is based on), I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. It is absolutely The great news is that I work for a family owned dearlship and so far they said that there will be no mark up.
Really? What dealership? I'm in So Cal, so I very well might go to your dealership.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #19
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Really? What dealership? I'm in So Cal, so I very well might go to your dealership.
Hell I live in Norcal - if theres a good deal down there I'm a 2hr flight away
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote