Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Did I destroy my Camaro?

Alright guys, a buddy and I took our cars downtown to watch a movie. Ive taken my car downtown before, but this time we had to pick up a few people so we were driving in downtown for quite a bit. Side streets, main roads, etc. Main point is we know the downtown roads can be pretty bad.
My car is lowered, 4th season on her, never heard a rattle. I swear after driving on those brutal roads, my car sounds like its 20 years old. Rattles coming from EVERYWHERE! O_O
When me and my buddy finally got back, we turned to eachother and both asked if we felt like we just totaled our cars lol
Im hoping the rattles will just go away lol if not im going to tear down my car itself and fix everything.
Has anyone else experienced this before, both our cars are doing it so we laughed about it but deep down inside, were both sad, nigh was worth it though

Anyone ese drive their Camaros downtown often? Anyone else torture their Camaros?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Alright guys, a buddy and I took our cars downtown to watch a movie. Ive taken my car downtown before, but this time we had to pick up a few people so we were driving in downtown for quite a bit. Side streets, main roads, etc. Main point is we know the downtown roads can be pretty bad.
My car is lowered, 4th season on her, never heard a rattle. I swear after driving on those brutal roads, my car sounds like its 20 years old. Rattles coming from EVERYWHERE! O_O
When me and my buddy finally got back, we turned to eachother and both asked if we felt like we just totaled our cars lol
Im hoping the rattles will just go away lol if not im going to tear down my car itself and fix everything.
Has anyone else experienced this before, both our cars are doing it so we laughed about it but deep down inside, were both sad, nigh was worth it though

Anyone ese drive their Camaros downtown often? Anyone else torture their Camaros?

Lol funny you mention this....happened to me when Meghan and I went downtown approx month or so ago, crazy ass rattle from centre console area that the rattle actually increased in noise especially if I sped up. I think it took 1 day of driving the car before suddenly out of no where it stopped, no idea how or what it was, all I know is its gone now lol
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
[QUOTE=TJ91;5093870]Alright guys, a buddy and I took our cars downtown to watch a movie. Ive taken my car downtown before, but this time we had to pick up a few people

You actually fit more than 1 guy in your car lolz!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Dennis,

Your only mistake was taking your car downtown!

I think it's the crappy roads(and I use the term VERY LOOSELY), that are causing your rattles.
However, see if there's any difference once you get back to civilization, and see if you hear any rattles.

Always take sounds seriously.

I haven't taken my car downtown in over 2yrs., and really have no intention to do so anytime soon.
My truck sounds like a 30yr. old clunker when I drive downtown, and it's in great shape.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
"a few people" - "lower kit" - "downtown" = expected noises.
NORMAL.
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Cap'n Pete

Drives: '02 Z28
Have you actually gotten under the car to see if something is ACTUALLY loose?? ie: maybe an exhaust hanger or something simple?? You never know.....
2006 Z06 - LeMans Blue
2010 Corvette - LS3/MN6 - Black
2002 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56 - Black
www.time-attack.ca
Cap'n Pete is offline   Reply With Quote