Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #57
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj9h View Post
so your dealer is turning down free labor? wow id run that up warranty or not its still a gm car and dont know if legally they can turn you away from that ill ask jeff
Jeff?

Dealer says they don't work on aftermarket performance cars. What it is I suspect is they don't trust their mechanics to do it with the supercharger on it.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #58
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Jeff?

Dealer says they don't work on aftermarket performance cars. What it is I suspect is they don't trust their mechanics to do it with the supercharger on it.
thats a lie....ill find out for ya....gm installs aftermarket parts. so they do work on them

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #59
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
thats a lie....
In Alabama they run from modded cars, quickly. Mines is only cammed and they run.

You may have to just take it to a shop that does that kind of work and let them see what they can do if all else fails.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #60
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
In Alabama they run from modded cars, quickly. Mines is only cammed and they run.
wow sounds like gm needs to do some clean-up in alabama

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #61
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
wow sounds like gm needs to do some clean-up in alabama

I agree. You should live here.

They are thinking about liability cause I asked and are afraid of their techs not knowing and messing things up, especially if the car is tuned like mine.

They do minor stuff but nothing powertrain related. This is the reason I have to go 3 hours to Vengeance to have any work done.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #62
anthonyj9h
"First There"

god forbid something wrong actually happens down there holy crap....id run that up the chain if i were you guys

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #63
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
god forbid something wrong actually happens down there holy crap....id run that up the chain if i were you guys
The problem I see in my area is that they "Claim" that their techs are only trained on standard cars. They actually had a Calloway Vette come in that they could not work on. The Vette came that way from the factory. Not alot of mechanics just computer techs and parts changers.

For example it took them 4 hours to install my GM axle back, 4 hours WTF and I sat there and watched.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #64
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Well, if the dealer is reluctant it's probably best you don't let them fool with the car. Most dealers around here are nothing more than parts changers. I know more about these cars than the guys in the shop most of the time, so no I never let a dealership touch my hot rod, but I've got a few years of experience fooling with this kind of stuff. I understand not everybody has that luxury, and finding a good shop is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

I'll check with some buddies and see if they know of any good places in Alabama that you can go to.

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage since my Magnuson is on a Challenger, but mine came with a Predator tuner tool. I can hook it up to my car through OBDII, connect it to my laptop, fire up the Diablo DataViewer software and data log just about anything I want. Timing, command air fuel, O2 sensor, knock sensor, long term and short term fuel trims, you name it. Did your Maggie not come with something similar? My Predator will also read and clear CEL codes.

Do you have gauges in your car? I'd HIGHLY suggest you get at least a boost and wide band air fuel ratio gauge. They're imperative in forced induction cars and can give you early warning when there are problems. I put a Aeroforce Interceptor in my Challenger and it hooks up to my OBDII port and will read and display nearly every single engine parameter.

For wide band AFR I use a LC-1. It connects to the Aeroforce Interceptor so it'll read AFR along with the other pids from the cars computer. Pretty slick and clean.

Here's a pic of my gauge setup for reference. Once we get your problem solved I'd put this on the very next thing to get done.

The top gauge is obviously a mechanical boost gauge, I like to see a needle at quick glance, but the Interceptor will display it digitally if you want. On the Interceptor it's showing air fuel ratio (should be 14s at idle like mine shows) and ignition timing. That's usually how I leave it but it'll show up to 8 different pids in a cycle if you want. It'll flip to two more every 10 seconds or so. For air fuel ratio I like that gauge to be digital since you want to see 10ths. When I mat it the AFR drops to 11.5ish or so and timing changes according to IAT to avoid detonation.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #65
anthonyj9h
"First There"

yep if they dont have the mechs to do everything then there is a prob in that area.....hope a zr1 or cts-v doesnt come would love to hear the story on that one

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #66
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Well hopefully Randy can find this leak and it is not the body of the Supercharger having a crack in it.

Not to be funny but do think this is the reason the guy sold it? Is there a way to check the body for cracks? Just throwing ideas out.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #67
anthonyj9h
"First There"

that i dont know

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #68
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Pm me next time you want to ride to atlanta I know a shop that can find the problem ill promise you that. I also dont believe its an air leak.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #69
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
in this pic looks like 4 are a lil rich and the others are good...maybe its the lighting

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #70
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
The plugs look fine.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote