Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Lol yeah Wizzer...I do have the evil wall. I guess I could just put the camaro on the other side, but I like it over there better (for a few reasons). I'm very cautious every time I get out...and not being able to extend the door makes it a pain. It may get me one day though. That said, I do have invisi-shield door edge guard I could put on my car....came with the clear bra I installed on my car several months back.

Thanks for the comments!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #16
KMPrenger

In-cabin video added and comments at bottom of first post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #17
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
nice. a bit quieter then mine, but not by much. i have my HD camera in the car right now, meant to get some vids today but forgot haha. maybe tomorrow. my mic on that cam is super sensitive though, so i hope it comes out right.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Yeah, thinking once I get a CAI on there it will sweeten it up that much more.

So, are you still looking into doing shorty headers with yours?
Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #19
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
yeah eventually. i ordered some but had to cancel, the government slapped me with a nice bill because my previous command decided to pay me too much of the wrong pay lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #20
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
congrats Keith, I know you've been searching for the right thing for your car for a long time. sounds smooth and mean. I remember us talking about this last october. wow..
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
yeah eventually. i ordered some but had to cancel, the government slapped me with a nice bill because my previous command decided to pay me too much of the wrong pay lol.
Aww bummer!! Well just hit me up if you ever get em installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjrt View Post
congrats Keith, I know you've been searching for the right thing for your car for a long time. sounds smooth and mean. I remember us talking about this last october. wow..
Thanks! Yeah, I really appreciate all the help you offered me. So you have a synergy now as well? Sweet!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #22
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #23
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
sounds good, but what's that...backpressure noise?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #24
KMPrenger

You mean when the first video when reving the car high? Well if thats what your talking about I was blipping the throttle at the higher rpms but I don't know if its a backpressure thing.

Honestly I haven't noticed anything.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #25
Kenster

Drives: 2LT Cyber Gray
Thanks to all you guys for putting these sound files up and for the hours of experimenting. After spending hours myself in front of the big computer speakers comparing them all, I think this one sounds the closest to what I'm after, particularly if there isn't the raspiness and drone. I'm not out for loudness, just a nice sound.

It appears that this is essentially the Magnaflow cat-back system if you use your existing pipes. But the cat- and axle-back kits look to have angled muffler outlets to make the tips come out straight. I don't suppose that's the case with the 11235 mufflers, is it?

Or is there a short pipe with a bend in your setup between the muffler and tip? If so, do you think it's possible that the bend cut off just ahead of the muffler was used for this purpose or is that just wishful thinking?
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #26
Jakpot
Semper Fidelis

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, #63227
After a lot of searching, reading, listening, etc... I think I'm going with this setup, minus the resonated X for a little more tone/volume. The video of the guys RS that has that setup is simply awesome. I must admit that the look matters right along with the sound, and I love the 4 inch tips on this setup. KMPrenger, thanks for all the work you've done to put all the information in one place!
2LT RS, Silver Ice Metallic, Black Stripes, Black Leather
#63227, Born on 3 Nov 2009
Jakpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #27
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster View Post
Thanks to all you guys for putting these sound files up and for the hours of experimenting. After spending hours myself in front of the big computer speakers comparing them all, I think this one sounds the closest to what I'm after, particularly if there isn't the raspiness and drone. I'm not out for loudness, just a nice sound.

It appears that this is essentially the Magnaflow cat-back system if you use your existing pipes. But the cat- and axle-back kits look to have angled muffler outlets to make the tips come out straight. I don't suppose that's the case with the 11235 mufflers, is it?

Or is there a short pipe with a bend in your setup between the muffler and tip? If so, do you think it's possible that the bend cut off just ahead of the muffler was used for this purpose or is that just wishful thinking?
Thanks and no problem! The 11235 do not have angled outlets....but they do not come straight out of the middle either. See pic:

I used these mufflers b/c the are exactly what was used in the example setup I was trying to mimic (cept I also used the resonated X in addition to the muffers), but the muffler guy showed me another muffler that he claimed was exactly the same, cept the inlet and outlet were not 'staggered' like the 11235 is. He acted like they would have been an easier install, but as you can see from my picture he made my 11235's work beautifully. Basically for each muffler, he had to create a short bend to connect the stock pipe to the inlet, and then another short bend to attach the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakpot View Post
After a lot of searching, reading, listening, etc... I think I'm going with this setup, minus the resonated X for a little more tone/volume. The video of the guys RS that has that setup is simply awesome. I must admit that the look matters right along with the sound, and I love the 4 inch tips on this setup. KMPrenger, thanks for all the work you've done to put all the information in one place!
Your welcome! Yes I agree that the reference video I mention in the Exhaust sticky thread does sound awsome. Sometimes I think that maybe the resonated X I added wasn't needed b/c it smoothed the sound out a tad more than I thought it would, but then again I really like my tone so I'm not regretting my decision either. I think once I add a nice cold air intake, I'll get a bit more of that aggression back and it will be perfect. Other than that, the tone and in cabin-sounds are very sweet.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #28
Kenster

Drives: 2LT Cyber Gray
So how are they sounding now that you've gotten used to them? I went for it and got the same muffler combo a couple of days ago and I have a guy that can put them on early next week. He asked if I was taking the resonators out, but I told him I think I'll leave 'em in. Hey, I'm almost a geezer, so I don't really want it that loud, as long as it sounds stout when you kick it in the arse (or can you say ass?) And it would be nice to be able to hear the rpms a little!
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote