Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #43
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
I actually think the mods are fine - just don't lie about what it is with those giant Z28 logos.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #44
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Dat Car is Pimped, Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #45
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
and what is on the top of the hood..
It's the 68-69 style "Cheese Grater" velocity stacks that came on the SS 350 and 396 packages.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #46
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Z28 moniker is a hallow badge. It is GM's. SLP, THR, etc. are making their own versions of the car. TOTALLY different. Yes, this is total FAIL and looks horrible with the two Z28 badges.
I am not in disagreement with you. But playing the devil's advocate, if you take everyone's disgust at this car to the extreme then you have to bash everyone on here that adds anything to the car - all this ambient lighting all over the place, HIDs on non-RS cars, S/Cs, etc, etc. The S/C is a hallowed device that should be saved for the LSA and LS9 Corvettes. If GM intended the Camaro to come from the factory with a S/C, then they would have added that. Just saying. I don't get why everyone is bashing this thing. Somebody thought it was good looking. You might not. Fine. Just say "It's not for me" and let it be.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #47
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I am not in disagreement with you. But playing the devil's advocate, if you take everyone's disgust at this car to the extreme then you have to bash everyone on here that adds anything to the car - all this ambient lighting all over the place, HIDs on non-RS cars, S/Cs, etc, etc. The S/C is a hallowed device that should be saved for the LSA and LS9 Corvettes. If GM intended the Camaro to come from the factory with a S/C, then they would have added that. Just saying. I don't get why everyone is bashing this thing. Somebody thought it was good looking. You might not. Fine. Just say "It's not for me" and let it be.
But all those items combined carry a lot less weight than the name Z/28.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #48
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
But all those items combined carry a lot less weight than the name Z/28.
Ok. I will buy that.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #49
Johnwayne
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
thats a New Orleans special right there.
Johnwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #50
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
I don't know witch one is better the Many Z-28 or Tony Yayo Hoop-tie see video link

http://thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/t...ws-off-his-new

Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #51
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
It's the 68-69 style "Cheese Grater" velocity stacks that came on the SS 350 and 396 packages.
They look horrible on this car, and also, I can't believe they the SS hood trim stuff on their supposed Z/28.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #52
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Just violent!!

First I saw the Z28 sticker on the hood and thought "why would they put the Z sticker on an SS, especially with the SS emblem underneath". Then realized that the emblem underneath wasn't a SS badge, but in fact a second gen Z28, probably ripped off of a mechanic's tool box! (((WRONG!)))

Pic 2... Straight outta 1980... the cheese of the decade... these didn't look good in the 70s/80s! (((WRONG!)))

Speaking of cheese... step back to spy the 1968 cheese graters on the hood, with the chrome hood latches (probably stick-ons), and the fondue forks on the lower nose clip. (((WRONG!)))

Rearview... refer to "pic 2". (((WRONG!)))

And finally in the trunk... I believe I saw a car audio section at Wal-Mart. Cheap, though with the flashy door stickers, it should add 50-60 horses, and at least 20g's to the price tag! (((WRONG!)))

The wheels. Hmmm... the wheels are pretty damn fine. Stolen off a customized SS down the street perhaps?

It's not my nature to poke fun of someone elses interests. But you're trying to market this toward who??? And dare I ask the actual asking price!!!
lol

edit... I just read the description. Cherrybomb exhaust huh? Confirms the above. lol

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
To me ist a total failure, Even if you were going to make a Fake Z28, Why would you use such a s Mishmash of Z28 emblems and decals from different years? If anything a simple Z28 grill and tail panel emblem from the same year Z would be preferable.. especially if they were the 68 or 69 versions.

Now I am not condoning doing this but come on, this car went way overboard.

The front and rear are from the GM aero kit without the side panels, which I bet another owner ordered the kit and only wanted the side pieces so the dealer added the leftovers to this car. they thought the braces would look good one the front so they added them.. which ruines the front to me..
The hood stacks are too much and not designed for that style hood anyway.
I could go on, but I have one more comment, Who was the Bozo to make the first bid? Hopefully it won't sell, because the reserve has not been met...
Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #54
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
First time I have seen a new car turned into a Hooopty.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #55
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wow, just wow.........
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #56
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
It's all in the persons taste right? That being said please stop trying to defend people like this. If you truly believe this car is beautiful the most you should do is minor cosmetic tweaks. Why don't we just stick a mustang 5.0 or GT emblem on it that's about as insulting as you can get but this is up there. These are the cars that 5 years from now you see down the road falling apart stickers and repaint jobs falling off. If it's a V6 be content, If it is a SS be content. Personally I think GM got the whole thing ass backwards. That being said I would have been just as content with a Z28 now vs. a more powerful SS coming out if the roles were reversed. Why, because I can't justify the 2 year wait and the probably 10 g's more either way. Personally I have always been a fan of the "top" SS brand put on Chevy cars so I'm happy with my 1997 and 2010 SS's.
If you own any decent looking camaro any generation these cars are an insult to true fans. Worst of these people will never get it why you are bothered, if you deal with people or work in any customer service type job you see we are all different especially our taste. That being said their are people that wear way too much makeup, wear clothing many sizes too small, or inappropriate clothing. I.E. the 300 pound tourist that wears a G-string on our beaches, or popular up north wearing PAJAMAS in public come on people. Enough said one thing is to get a PROFESIONAL GOOD LOOKING JOB that brings performance upgrades and another is to rice out a beutifull and already high performing car.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote