Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #15
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Update to this. My wife and I waited to see if it would happen again so we could immediately take it in as it happens. Nothing for some time and now it has started back up again. It has done it a few times this week while idle or driving. My wife finally captured pics of it today in action along with timestamps on the pictures. What is my course of action? Take it in again? My wife is very fearful when driving this thing and even more now. Is there nothing GM can do? Send some tech experts? The recorder does not work because car loses power when this happens. Is there not a recorder that does not depend on the car for power?

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Maybe check the power wiring from the engine compartment back to the trunk-mounted battery. Maybe there is a nick in the wiring that causes an intermittent short in the car's power system? Or maybe a loose battery cable in the trunk?

I wonder if your alternator or voltage regulator is intermittently feeding bad or dirty power to the rest of the car. I had a voltage regulator fail in a car years ago. The car went crazy for a moment and then the engine died. Luckily I was driving on an empty street and it failed quickly without frying anything in the car.

I work on computers and they do crazy things when they are fed bad power. I wonder if they can monitor the output of the alternator with some type of recorder that doesn't rely on power from the car?
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #17
GoldCartridgeGamer

Also the 2013 seat issue "patch" was only a temporary fix. It still squeeks and such after about two or three weeks from the fix install date. It is really annoying. Can they replace the seat?

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #18
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Also the 2013 seat issue "patch" was only a temporary fix. It still squeeks and such after about two or three weeks from the fix install date. It is really annoying. Can they replace the seat?
Changing the seat will not fix the issue. They put a brand new seat in my SS and it still squeaked, the only fix is to move it up a tad. It got to the point I was so unhappy that it could not be fixed (no matter what they did) GM offered to buy the car back. After much thought I declined as I was not going to let the set issue make me give up my Camaro.

At this point though the seat should be a complete afterthought, you need to get the stalling issue fixed.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #19
beetlei

Drives: 2013 2SS / RS
Your my link doesn't suddenly start playing old 50's music or do your lights flicker a bit when you mention the name Christine?
Sound like you need an exorcist.

Good luck with the problem.
beetlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #20
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Maybe check the power wiring from the engine compartment back to the trunk-mounted battery. Maybe there is a nick in the wiring that causes an intermittent short in the car's power system? Or maybe a loose battery cable in the trunk?

I wonder if your alternator or voltage regulator is intermittently feeding bad or dirty power to the rest of the car. I had a voltage regulator fail in a car years ago. The car went crazy for a moment and then the engine died. Luckily I was driving on an empty street and it failed quickly without frying anything in the car.

I work on computers and they do crazy things when they are fed bad power. I wonder if they can monitor the output of the alternator with some type of recorder that doesn't rely on power from the car?
The dealership says they already checked that. I will double check it though.

They said they tested every electrical component already and found nothing. Is there a way for me to test the alternator or regulator myself?

I too work on computers (IT Analyst here) so I know all too well what can happen, lol. I am sure we both have some good stories to share. I am trying to see if they have any kind of recorder of any kind to monitor the car that doesn't require power from the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Changing the seat will not fix the issue. They put a brand new seat in my SS and it still squeaked, the only fix is to move it up a tad. It got to the point I was so unhappy that it could not be fixed (no matter what they did) GM offered to buy the car back. After much thought I declined as I was not going to let the set issue make me give up my Camaro.

At this point though the seat should be a complete afterthought, you need to get the stalling issue fixed.
My wife has moved the seat back and forth. It still squeaks. It is really aggravating to both of us now. The techs said this is a common issue and wish GM had a better fix.

It definitely is, but it is on the list regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlei View Post
Your my link doesn't suddenly start playing old 50's music or do your lights flicker a bit when you mention the name Christine?
Sound like you need an exorcist.

Good luck with the problem.
Haha, no the car's name is not Christine. That was the joke with the service manager the last time it was in. He wishes it was the case, lol.

Thanks!

How to hug your camaro
Old 02-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #21
GoldCartridgeGamer

Trying to get in contact with GM again about it. This sucks.

How to hug your camaro
Old 02-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #22
GoldCartridgeGamer

GM Customer Service got in contact, then just disappeared. Not happy right now.

Also, this dang seat is bugging the crap out my wife and I. It is so annoying.

How to hug your camaro
Old 02-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #23
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
sub
Old 02-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #24
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
My SRX always had a funny wiring problem where the engine would cut out (sometimes stall, but usually not) and the trip mileage would reset and no codes. We drove it like this for several years... it was very rare. slowly the car wouldn't start... and eventually it never started (unless I kept re-connecting the battery cable).

Long story short, I had a bad ECM (engine control moduel). Dealership was able to replicate and pulled codes concerning "no communication to ECM". Now they were only able to replicate because the problem was really bad by this time. If I took it in day 1, I doubt they find any problems.

If all the grounds are good, I'd push them to replace the ECM.

Now if the throttle pedal goes to the floor... that's throws me off. possibly the cruise control system is doing this? (there were similar issues with Ford long time ago)... but again I'd think it's the ECM somehow causing the problems.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
GM Customer Service got in contact, then just disappeared. Not happy right now.

Also, this dang seat is bugging the crap out my wife and I. It is so annoying.
Lgndryhr,

I apologize greatly for the vehicle concerns you're experiencing and understand your displeasure. Did you contact one of our phone agents for assistance? If there is anything you'd like me to look into, feel free to send me a PM whenever you'd like.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #26
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Lgndryhr,

I apologize greatly for the vehicle concerns you're experiencing and understand your displeasure. Did you contact one of our phone agents for assistance? If there is anything you'd like me to look into, feel free to send me a PM whenever you'd like.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William R.,

I am definitely not a happy camper right now with how my case was handled well in the beginning and now has been dropped like a hot bag of potatoes twice. Back when it first started and now again when I was put in contact with Jonathan A. via e-mail. He and I went back and forth then it just stopped. My 2009 Malibu case a few years ago was handled way better than this. Not sure what the deal is this time? My family and I have only bought and owned GM vehicles for as long as I can remember. My dad tried Ford twice and never went back after that. He just bought a brand 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71 this weekend. I am not happy with how the truck was delievered to him either. He is having to spend extra time and money to fix a NEW truck. Also my mother is having to do the same to her new Yukon she just purchased last year. GM as of late in my area has not been up to par.

Thanks!

Lgndryhr

How to hug your camaro
Old 02-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
William R.,

I am definitely not a happy camper right now with how my case was handled well in the beginning and now has been dropped like a hot bag of potatoes twice. Back when it first started and now again when I was put in contact with Jonathan A. via e-mail. He and I went back and forth then it just stopped. My 2009 Malibu case a few years ago was handled way better than this. Not sure what the deal is this time? My family and I have only bought and owned GM vehicles for as long as I can remember. My dad tried Ford twice and never went back after that. He just bought a brand 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71 this weekend. I am not happy with how the truck was delievered to him either. He is having to spend extra time and money to fix a NEW truck. Also my mother is having to do the same to her new Yukon she just purchased last year. GM as of late in my area has not been up to par.

Thanks!

Lgndryhr
Hello Lgndryhr,

I am very sorry for any confusion regarding your case. I have sent you an email regarding your case. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us via PM if you do not receive it.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #28
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
I have been told by someone that works in the insurance industry of a story that sounds very similar to this accept the car I was told about was a ZL1 and the accelerator and steering both got stuck and the car was totaled. After the car was totaled it was brought into a GM dealership and was determined that the steering, accelerator and brakes all failed just before the accident occurred.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote