Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Going after Fed-ex for damaging my MPD1 Spoiler

I live in Ontario, Canada. I ordered a MPD1 spoiler from Gary's Customs. It was shipped to a UPS store close to the border in NY state. When I got home and checked the spoiler, there was a small chip on the bottom edge right where the spoiler sits on the car. I know ABSOLUTELY 100% that it was caused by the Fed-ex driver banging the spoiler against a sharp edge. Should I have checked at the UPS store? Can I still call and file a complaint? It pisses me off that they can't be more careful and I end up paying to fix their mistakes
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Trust me............

Most likely they will not pay and you will shorten your life from the aggrivation of trying to get them to do so.
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Was it insured when it was sent??
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Did Gary's Custom's not have it wrapped very good? Maybe they will replace?
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
Did Gary's Custom's not have it wrapped very good? Maybe they will replace?
This...
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
Big C CamaroSS

Eric.....this is what I'm afraid of.....aggravation and a big case of helplessness! But if I don't do anything and just let it slide, I won't forgive myself for letting them off the hook! And the blame sits entirely on Fed-ex!!!

Gary had it wrapped well. He put bubble wrap on each end and that spongy cloth like wrap covered everything. In hindsight, I should have asked him to bubble wrap the entire piece, BUT THAT"S NOT THE POINT (and hindsight is 20/20)!!!!! It was wrapped for protection, but the Fed-ex driver slammed and banged the piece around not giving 2 shits!!!! A package shouldn't have to be prepared for war, just a delivery.

What is the procedure for this? Call Fed-ex and tell them they damaged a product they delivered? The lady at the UPS store doesn't think very highly of Fed-ex.....go figure
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Was it insured?

The only way Fed-ex will even give you the time of day is is you paid to have it insured.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I live in Ontario, Canada. I ordered a MPD1 spoiler from Gary's Customs. It was shipped to a UPS store close to the border in NY state. When I got home and checked the spoiler, there was a small chip on the bottom edge right where the spoiler sits on the car. I know ABSOLUTELY 100% that it was caused by the Fed-ex driver banging the spoiler against a sharp edge. Should I have checked at the UPS store? Can I still call and file a complaint? It pisses me off that they can't be more careful and I end up paying to fix their mistakes
Soooo.... UPS or Fed-ex? I'm a bit confused.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
Big C CamaroSS

I don't think it was insured.....in fact I can say it wasn't insured! I googled how to go about this and there is so many stories about fed-ex damaging people's property it boggles my mind! I know they handle millions of packages per week, but still! And the driver's don't care because they know 99.9% of claims will just be denied so people can't really do anything about it. I paid $50 to have Fed-ex deliver my spoiler, and really, they didn't live up to their end of the agreement which is deliver the package undamage (or is this a flip of the coin) to its destination.

Brokenarrow.....my spoiler was delivered via Fed-ex to a UPS store. The store accepts all courier services, not just UPS.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
Big C CamaroSS

Even before this I hated both UPS & Fed-ex with a passion! They both (although UPS is the champ of the two) tack on stupid, made up, BS fees for packages crossing from the USA into Canada. I thought I'd beat them at their game on a big ticket item like my rims (and to a lesser degree my spoiler) and go to the USA to pick it up myself! Now they find a new way to f*** me over WORSE than before!!!! From now on any Fed-ex truck I see I'll leave a nice scratch or broken tail light.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #12
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:

Brokenarrow.....my spoiler was delivered via Fed-ex to a UPS store. The store accepts all courier services, not just UPS.
Oooh ok, interesting, didn't know they did that.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Big C CamaroSS

Well I think one of the biggest reason they don't discriminate is because us Canadians can use any courier to have items shipped there for pickup which, of course, means more $$$ for them!!! And I asked point blank if they have a lot of Canadians send stuff to them for pickup and the lady said "Oh yes lots".
Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
When I got home and checked the spoiler, there was a small chip on the bottom edge right where the spoiler sits on the car.
If/when you decide to call them you found the damage when you opened the box at the UPS store.