Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #29
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
That's crazy!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 AM   #30
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
Sorry to jack this thread, but if you do not renew your onstar subscription will they still help in finding your stolen camaro if it is stolen?
I locked my keys in my trunk today dont ask me how lol.I was not sure if onstar would unlock my car because i didnt renew my subscription but they did!So im pretty sure they can.
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #31
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think if I had a daughter, that her life would be more important than the car. Therefore, I would rather have them take the car than to take my daughters life. As much as I love my camaro, my family isn't replaceable.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #32
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
I'm just glad everyone is still alive.
I would just hand them my keys and say take it.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:12 AM   #33
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyashas_Brother View Post
Not surprised. Crime is why I live in Arlington and avoid all of Prince George's County, Maryland.
Really? Wow I didn't know crime had boundaries.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #34
tones8

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
This happened not far from where I live. Fortunately I don't ride the metro but still have to be watchful.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2396801

not far from me either... this kind of ish makes me nervous...
tones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:18 AM   #35
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Yea I heard about this too but if you are local to the region you have been buried in news reports lately of a HUGE uptick in crime at metro stations. This time it happened to be a Camaro owner.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #36
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
All the supposition about what you would do when a gun is pointed at you is just that, even if you've already been in a two way gunfight. Every situation varies and you don't "know" what you will do until you're in it. You only know what you have done, not will do.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #37
Iggy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/white stripes
For those of you worrying about bullets hitting the car and staying in the car and hitting the onstar emergency button, please read the article more closely. The father and daughter were held up in a stairwell, not near the car. As others have mentioned, it is easy to sit here and say what you would have done in the situation. Until you are actually placed in the situation, you really have no idea how you are going to react.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #38
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
my daughter learned how to use a handgun at the age of 12 (shes 21 now). we shoot aleast twice a year. both her and I have lifetime permits (me for 15y her for 4y). we both went through a 3 month real life training compitition (both of us close to the top of our class), I carry 99% of the time (springfield 45 compact). she caries a 9mm. My camaro also carries 100% of the time (springfield 9mm we call it the car gun) w/extra clip. when i had a busa it carried (sold it to buy the camaro). (I will have to put up some pics later, i dont have them at work)

I think every one should practice as much as possable not just at the range.
there are crazy people out there and we all should be ready
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079

Last edited by destroyerofu2; 05-26-2011 at 08:26 AM.
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #39
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
I'm going to clarify my previous statements. I am all for ccw, armed citizens, stand your ground type laws, etc. I think that society has been pacified by the media and authorities always saying not to fight. I think people should be allowed to protect not just their lives, but their property by force!

My earlier point was that I'm sick of e-tough guys always thinking they are the toughest around. It's awfully narcissistic to think that the outcome would have been different had it been "me". It's also dangerous, every situation is different. I don't care how tough you are or how good a shot, if its 4 to 1 you're pretty much screwed. Odds are, one of them will take you down before you get them all, unless you have good cover. And, trying to protect a loved one at the same time makes it even harder.

What really drives me nuts is that in every thread where a car is keyed, vandalized, etc, is someone saying "let them try that to MY car, I'd______".
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #40
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Where's a good spot to store a hand gun in the Camaro?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #41
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
That's why I am in full support of Ohio's conceal and carry law, and others like it around the country.

We had a situation where a couple were walking down the street at night at a popular Cleveland area hangout with many restaurants and bars, and a thug ran out from the ally, waived his gun at him, and told him to give him his wallet. So he promptly reached into his pants, pulled out his 9mm and shot the punk. After a full investigation was cleared of any charges because he had his permit, the gun was legal and registered, and he felt his life and his girlfriend's were both in immediate danger.

The punk, unfortunately, survived.
Two words: "Double tap" :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
For those of you worrying about bullets hitting the car and staying in the car and hitting the onstar emergency button, please read the article more closely. The father and daughter were held up in a stairwell, not near the car. As others have mentioned, it is easy to sit here and say what you would have done in the situation. Until you are actually placed in the situation, you really have no idea how you are going to react.
In this situation, I'd definitely just give them my key and let them go. By the time they got to the car, 888-4-Onstar would have made it undriveable.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #42
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrenthus View Post
I'm going to clarify my previous statements. I am all for ccw, armed citizens, stand your ground type laws, etc. I think that society has been pacified by the media and authorities always saying not to fight. I think people should be allowed to protect not just their lives, but their property by force!

My earlier point was that I'm sick of e-tough guys always thinking they are the toughest around. It's awfully narcissistic to think that the outcome would have been different had it been "me". It's also dangerous, every situation is different. I don't care how tough you are or how good a shot, if its 4 to 1 you're pretty much screwed. Odds are, one of them will take you down before you get them all, unless you have good cover. And, trying to protect a loved one at the same time makes it even harder.

What really drives me nuts is that in every thread where a car is keyed, vandalized, etc, is someone saying "let them try that to MY car, I'd______".

and im not saying i would have been better at it im just saying it is good to be mentally prepaired for anything that could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Where's a good spot to store a hand gun in the Camaro?
Name:  car holster.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  396.2 KB

heres where i store mine (had to run out into the parking lot here at work and take the pic) it is a springfield sub compact 9mm, 1 chambered 13rd in the gun and a 16rd in the pouch behind the pass seat. it fits just under the plastic and is real easy to pull out. (also located right next to seat belt for that quick give me your car, let me take off my belt and you can have it situation)
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote