Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #29
Mil

Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
The rear tweeters are counted separately as are the door tweeters. There is also a separate center channel, which messes up stereo separation.
where are the rear tweeters.. and the mid channel speaker? I don't see them.

front door tweeters=2

front door mid= 2

rear deck speakers = 2 I see only 6 speakers
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil View Post
hey ZL1 folks,

I'm disappointed with the sound quality of the stereo .. although I did purchase this car because of its performance attributes; but i would have expected the stereo to have sounded better for a car in the 60k's . Just wondering what you guys think of the boston acoustic sound system?
it's the same package you can buy in a 2lt or SS.

It's a great sounding stereo compared to the normal speaker system.

HOWEVER, it does need a little bump.. so i added a few subwoofers to give it the low end it was missing.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #31
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Dunno why there's so much hate on the BA system. It's easily on par with the MACH series that Ford uses. I think it sounds great.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #32
gbosh

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
When are people going to turn their audio car systems down? Does no one ever think about hearing damage from loud stero systems? My car with a usb drive playing a song starts to vibrate the rearview mirror so much so that the image is blurred! And that is at 25 on the radio display. Clearly the roof is vibrating and causing this,so are lots of parts of the car prone to add some unwanted sounds. If some drivers would realize being able to hear things going on around them they would turn the audio down. Think emergency traffic and other problems on the road. I also suspect some who complain have hearing damage so they must turn up the volume. Just give your hearing a break and turn the sound down!
gbosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #33
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep

front door tweeters=2

front door mid= 2

------------------------------------------------------------

The rears are 2 way components so add another 2 for the tweets in them.

+1 center channel in the dash

=9
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #34
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbosh View Post
When are people going to turn their audio car systems down? Does no one ever think about hearing damage from loud stero systems? My car with a usb drive playing a song starts to vibrate the rearview mirror so much so that the image is blurred! And that is at 25 on the radio display. Clearly the roof is vibrating and causing this,so are lots of parts of the car prone to add some unwanted sounds. If some drivers would realize being able to hear things going on around them they would turn the audio down. Think emergency traffic and other problems on the road. I also suspect some who complain have hearing damage so they must turn up the volume. Just give your hearing a break and turn the sound down!
No one said anything about loud.....it's about quality. A subwoofer adds bass to music played at lower levels as well. Typically the component speakers in the car have to be turned up a bit before they will add any amount of decent bass. With a sub, you can add more thump at lower volumes to compliment the levels at which the smaller speakers have a hard time reproducing any bass. As far as the amp goes, again it's not about loud. The factory amp IMO is not as "clean" as a quality aftermarket unit and therefor takes away from the true output of the head unit. I don't listen to music any louder in my car now that the stereo is twice as powerful, it just plays with a higher quality of sound reproduction which I think is what most people here are upset with.
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #35
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp32e View Post
No one said anything about loud.....it's about quality. A subwoofer adds bass to music played at lower levels as well. Typically the component speakers in the car have to be turned up a bit before they will add any amount of decent bass. With a sub, you can add more thump at lower volumes to compliment the levels at which the smaller speakers have a hard time reproducing any bass. As far as the amp goes, again it's not about loud. The factory amp IMO is not as "clean" as a quality aftermarket unit and therefor takes away from the true output of the head unit. I don't listen to music any louder in my car now that the stereo is twice as powerful, it just plays with a higher quality of sound reproduction which I think is what most people here are upset with.
Thank You!

After playing in a live band / running a recording studio.. i've become spoiled to good sounding music and quality.

So I do my best to recreate it inside my vehicles.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #36
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:

front door tweeters=2

front door mid= 2

There's a speaker in the center of the dash and another speaker in the center of the rear platform.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #37
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Dunno why there's so much hate on the BA system. It's easily on par with the MACH series that Ford uses. I think it sounds great.
Too bad the Mach system isn't used in the Mustang anymore....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #38
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
i personally wish the sound had a little more bass to it. but i guess thats what subs are for!! haha
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #39
Mil

Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
hey My ZL1 is in the shop 53k miles on it with a trans coolent line leak; Dealer paying for the rental which is cool. The rental is a 2010 Impala with a Bose stereo system and has kick azzzz sound.. NOW for 60K WHY CAN"T THEY OFFER THE BOSE instead of that Crappy Boston Acoustics System in our ZL1 !!??? WAzzzup CHEVY!!!??
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #40
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
Quote:
hey My ZL1 is in the shop 53k miles on it with a trans coolent line leak; Dealer paying for the rental which is cool. The rental is a 2010 Impala with a Bose stereo system and has kick azzzz sound.. NOW for 60K WHY CAN"T THEY OFFER THE BOSE instead of that Crappy Boston Acoustics System in our ZL1 !!??? WAzzzup CHEVY!!!??
thats what i thought?? my suburban has bose in it and it really has great bass. the bostons are ok, just not as good as i would like. chevy always finds a way to screw up a great car by cutting corners....
Old 08-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #41
JT3640

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2012 QX56
I finally played with the settings on the stereo yesterday and now I think the system sounds great. It's the best sounding system that I have ever had in any vehicle I has owned.
JT3640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #42
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT3640 View Post
I finally played with the settings on the stereo yesterday and now I think the system sounds great. It's the best sounding system that I have ever had in any vehicle I has owned.
You clearly haven't owned any cars with good sound systems then lol
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote