Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #29
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post

Its nice for all the members here to see how all of you sponsors have replied. Do you think that any of these membrs feel too comfortably about spending their hard earned money with you when the answer they will get to a problem is " you gotta pay to play". Sucks to see that your vendors just see us as a means to your greedy end.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #30
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Its nice for all the members here to see how all of you sponsors have replied. Do you think that any of these membrs feel too comfortably about spending their hard earned money with you when the answer they will get to a problem is " you gotta pay to play". Sucks to see that your vendors just see us as a means to your greedy end.
See I think it is greedy to expect a company to give you something you are not entitle to. It's even worse to publically have a temper tantrum because they did not bend. Worst part is, this is not even a matter of them having a bad or strict warranty. No parts manufacturer pays for warranty labor.

If you read most vendors order terms, they state that labor costs are never covered under any circumstance. So while many will not speak up in a thread like this, trust me, if the situation came to pass, don't think they would hesitate to tell you no on labor money.

And yes, you do have to pay to play. As someone who had the stock GM oil pump go up, and had to replace a motor with 3K miles on it, I know it sucks.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
Point is if this is how Magnuson warrantys their products threw a fine line of Mumbo jumbo Bullshit, ill go Vortech or Procharger.... Make more power and not have some clown mail me a center shaft... Instead send my head unit in and have it back in No time!
BTW, Vortech has the same warranty terms..actually to a degree they are more strict. I am not a Procharger dealer, but I am trying to find their warranty.

Cliff Notes:

Labor not covered. Must remove the supercharger and send it in for "warranty evaluation" at your cost.

Also you must-

» You must be the original purchaser of the Street Legal Supercharger System.
» You must reside and use the Vortech product within the United States or Canada.
» The supercharger may not have been altered, disassembled, or modified in any way.
» The supercharger drive pulley must not be changed and the original pulley seal must be intact.
» The original Vortech serial number tag must not be removed, altered or replaced.
» You must change the engine oil and oil filter at least every 3,000 miles, using a minimum SH
rated oil or synthetic lubricant, regardless of the vehicle, filter or oil manufacturer's
recommendations for oil change intervals (engine oil-fed, non VTS, non V-3 type units only).
» You must remove, inspect and clean the oil inlet fitting to the supercharger every 12,000 miles
(engine oil-fed, non VTS, non V-3 type units only).
» You must change the supercharger fluid at least every 7,500 miles using only Vortech supplied
lubricating fluid (self-lubricated V-3 type units only)
» You must change the supercharger fluid at least every 30,000 miles using only Vortech
supplied lubricating fluid (self-lubricated VTS type units only)
VORTECH INDIVIDUAL SUPERCHARGERS

And much more.....

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...0-warranty.pdf
Old 10-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #32
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
We go to extraordinary lengths to take care of our customers, and our warranty procedures are very hassle free.

I agree with most of what Mike and Maryland Speed are saying. I've heard good things about Magnusson, and I'm sorry to hear you had issues, but you can't expect the product's manufacturer to cover the costs of an installation. How can they guarantee a shop's work if they didn't perform it themselves?

I understand your frustration, but there's no reason to get mad at the Vendors here on this forum, who work hard every day to make sure you get taken care of.

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #33
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I am just curious if everyone would be of the same opinion if the facts were that the vendor knew of the defect prior to shipment but sent it out anyway because their analysis showed it was more cost effective to worry about potential warranty issues later. Not that I am saying that they actually did know about it mind you.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #34
BlownSS

I appreciate all the feedback.....both those for and agaonst my position. I do not want to harm the reputation of any company on this site as I realize that without them, the site would not be what it is. I do however think that my experience should be shared for the benefit of those that may have a similar issue.

HENNESSEY....I'm sorry this was seen by yourself as an attack on you as the original installer.....but I feel that the BUILD quality is outstanding.....there was just a problem with one of the components
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #35
06x6spdGTO

Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
See I think it is greedy to expect a company to give you something you are not entitle to. It's even worse to publically have a temper tantrum because they did not bend. Worst part is, this is not even a matter of them having a bad or strict warranty. No parts manufacturer pays for warranty labor.

If you read most vendors order terms, they state that labor costs are never covered under any circumstance. So while many will not speak up in a thread like this, trust me, if the situation came to pass, don't think they would hesitate to tell you no on labor money.

And yes, you do have to pay to play. As someone who had the stock GM oil pump go up, and had to replace a motor with 3K miles on it, I know it sucks.
And this is part of the problem, is it wrong to give a warranty or a $200.00 kick to a customer who expierences issue with your product, a known issue at that??

Should Magnuson got snooty with the man on the phone or been A1 class and offered more then 1 alternative. Yes the warranty statement says XXX but no one finds it Cowardly they hide behind a bland warranty statement when the problem is well known!!?!

Maryland speed I hope you treat customers better then following X warranty statements or just answering the phone and directing the consumer to the product vendor.

The OP isn't asking for an $8000.00 check. He's looking for a little help on labor from a faulty product. Be respectful to the man knowing your product had issues and own up to it like a man, don't hide behind some piece of paper.

This is why I prefer to deal with companies like New Era, BTR Racing, RPM Transmissions, Tick Performance, etc.... These guys not only sell well engineered products BUT they actively participate in the LSx community and RACE cars! They take their hard earned money put it into a project and haul it across the country to show case the products at large LSX events and compete! All the while being friendly, approachable, and honest.

Makes Me wonder why GM went with a 4.0L whipple and a 2.9L over magnuson for the COPO???
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
06x6spdGTO

Hmmm....

Interesting,

So Maryland speed do you physically warranty out a set of Kooks headers when the EGR port falls off or do you send the customer over too the kooks customer service line??
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #37
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
Hmmm....

Interesting,

So Maryland speed do you physically warranty out a set of Kooks headers when the EGR port falls off or do you send the customer over too the kooks customer service line??
With mailorder, you would get them in touch with Kooks. We can't just like call Kooks and be like "send this guy a new set of headers". They have a warranty registration card, and a process the customer goes through. Sometimes they want them back for repair also. Every manufacturer is different, but generally the process is you get the customer in touch with the manufactuer warranty department and facilitate as needed.

You have to keep in mind, this is a very competitive business, and while the parts we sell are expensive..all the vendors here keeps margin down. Most orders you do not make enough to just throw a few hundred for some labor at a customer when there is a warranty issue.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #38
BlownSS

Actually, I didn't run right here after talking to magnuson. My phone conversation was about 2 minutes long.......I expressed what the problem was......he had already spoken with the service person at the dealership and he told me that they would not cover any labor. I told him in a calm voice that I thought it was a crappy position for the company to take. .....he said he was sorry and that " this stuff just happens" or something to that effect, I said thank you and that was it. I took 2 days to calm down and started doing research on the known problem which led me back here and I posted what happened. I may not be happy witb the outcome but at least anybody that comes across this problem/post has some 2 sided info to use when deciding where to spend tbeir money. Mine won't be with magnuson ever again..
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #39
06x6spdGTO

Quote:
With mailorder, you would get them in touch with Kooks. We can't just like call Kooks and be like "send this guy a new set of headers". They have a warranty registration card, and a process the customer goes through. Sometimes they want them back for repair also. Every manufacturer is different, but generally the process is you get the customer in touch with the manufactuer warranty department and facilitate as needed.

You have to keep in mind, this is a very competitive business, and while the parts we sell are expensive..all the vendors here keeps margin down. Most orders you do not make enough to just throw a few hundred for some labor at a customer when there is a warranty issue.
EXACTLY!!!

So Kooks wouldn't send me an EGR port for me to TIG Weld onto my own primary... They would A: (Send me a New header) or B: (Get my header sent in for Repair)

All the while you would pass the issue onto the manufacture as you are the DEALER or Middle man/Parts store.

So what your intentions are in this thread comparing your modded engine that went out of GM warranty when you modded your personal car vs a MAGNUSON defective valley cover, is beyond me.

I understand you deal the products so your going to take a manufactures side to "Save Face"..

Your agreeing with the treatment of this individual case is less then pleasing!

Is this really what America is like now day??
"The warranty statement protects the consumer and the manufacturer...." BS!! It lets the manufacturer get cheesey employees and cheap Chinese products and have the option to tell the customer to pound sand, all the while racking in a healthy profit.

Problem today is cowards can't own up to mistakes and handle them like they are in a customers shoes. Instead everyone is looking to make a quick buck off someone else's misfortune or hard work.

But I guess ObamaCare is in effect and our country is headed down the drain so let's back bite each other and jump on the middle man over the last piece of whale shit pie!

Last edited by 06x6spdGTO; 10-31-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #40
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Actually, I didn't run right here after talking to magnuson. My phone conversation was about 2 minutes long.......I expressed what the problem was......he had already spoken with the service person at the dealership and he told me that they would not cover any labor. I told him in a calm voice that I thought it was a crappy position for the company to take. .....he said he was sorry and that " this stuff just happens" or something to that effect, I said thank you and that was it. I took 2 days to calm down and started doing research on the known problem which led me back here and I posted what happened. I may not be happy witb the outcome but at least anybody that comes across this problem/post has some 2 sided info to use when deciding where to spend tbeir money. Mine won't be with magnuson ever again..
I understand you position. My point I keep trying to make however is that this is how the industry is, labor is not covered under warranty. You are deciding not to buy from Magnacharger over something that would not have been covered by any Supercharger manufacturer I know of.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #41
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
If the Warranty covered Parts and Labor on these superchargers that would just drive the price up.

If you have a problem with paying labor on your car when something goes wrong then just start installing the parts yourself or stop modding your car......
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #42
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
No one is going to send out knowingly defective products. Last thing a company like Magnacharger wants is people taking off and installing superchargers...it leads to issues like this.
Read the news, shipping out known defective or hazardous products happens all the time (not naming companies, but there are widely know cases involving tires, body armor, magnetic toys, cribs, etc). Companies are ran by people both honest and dishonest, ethical and non ethical. This even happened on this forum with a vendor no longer on here. I work for a place that deals with filing civil suits and returning money to harmed parties. You'd be surpirsed at the lengths people go to when they're desparate.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote