Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #29
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
no, not at all. I'm in my fourth racing season, and I've got really rich sponsors like the speed channel, You can have up to eight sponsors, and they pay you money for getting objectives done, such as getting no lower than a certain place, 5th, 3rd, or 1st in a race. Or by finishing the race against a certain racer or team. I think I've pulled in about half a million dollars in one race before. So don't worry about money problems in this game, by now I don't have a sponsor that pays me less the twenty grand a race. (that is of course, if your the kind of person that wins every single race)
once you get your own racing team, wich is, if I'm not mistaken, is at about the time that you have seventy grand in you bank account, (which doesn't take that long) You get your own team member who drives for your team, and pulls in money from the sponsors as well. My first team mate always got last place, and he always raked in 53 grand every race. I fired him, and my new co driver brings about twice that every race.

I haven't played gran turismo that much, but the selection is pretty good. I mean, if it's got a camaro in it, it's a good game right??? anyone? " "
but seriously. there are MANY cars, from a stock cars in a destruction derby, to a 20 million dollar audi from the 24-hour le maens. and almost anything in between. (but no bikes) not only does it have the 5th gen camaro, but it also has the new challenger and the latest mustang ( a few of the mustang's quintillion alternate models are available as well. )
I haven't complained about the car selection yet.

as far as races go, I think there are like 50 different tracks, but I'm not certain. there's probably more. they match up cars with yours, so the races are pretty tough, I tend to always have someone on my tail thill the finish line.
Alright, you've convinced me to get it. Sounds like a great game. I didnt even know you could have your own team. Pretty sweet.

Also thanks for the driving tips.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #30
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
glad to have swayed your thinking :]
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #31
AirGoya

OK, so ive played it for a few hours and it is a very exciting game. Lots of fun.

The only things im confused about are how you dont really buy your cars unless you are going to a race and dont have a car required for it. The other thing is that you cant upgrade the look or performance of your car besides adding your teams paint job.

can anyone help me out?

Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #32
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

you've pretty much answered your own question.

You CAN'T change the performance or body, just the paint and sponsors.

You CAN'T buy new cars unless it's for a race.

You CAN have a bitchin time running the challenger and mustang into the wall with youre camaro. :]

I was racing in my camaro, when the back right end of a challenger kinda locked up with the front left and of my Sexy Machine. so I decided to try and push him into the left wall. (it was a right turn.) Picture this. I don't really move that heavy bitch untill the very second the back LEFT end of the challenger hits the wall. The challenger totally catapults of the left wall, and runs into the mass of cinderblocks and tires at the apex of the turn, flipping it into the air, doing a crazy spin flip, where it ultimatly lands right in front of me as I'm about 60 feet out of the turn driving down a strait away. Then I plow through it.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 AM   #33
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Have a replay saved? I'd love to watch that.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Have a replay saved? I'd love to watch that.
+2 That would be sweet! I can first bid for avatar.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #35
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
+3
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #36
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
I'm assuming any specs the game gives on the Camaro are for the concept and thus not particularly accurate?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm sure that's accurate. They couldn't know more than we do at this point.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #38
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
It is accurate as far as chevy's website has stated the concept camaro to be? I would consider that accurate, it is not stating the vehicle is production..even states it is concept only in the game and credits..

As stated before, yes there are some negative points to the game, one being that you cant tune the vehicles, and the purchasing is kinda stupid..but the positives far outweigh...
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #39
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

I didn't get a replay saved, but I'll try and reinact it today and save it so you guy's can see
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #40
AirGoya

^ Yea same here. The crashes are probably the most fun part of the game. When you get into a huge pile up even though you're are like "damnit i just lost!", in the back of your mind you're thinking "That was AWESOME!"

Just a Skidmark, whats ur gamertag?
Mine is F1owmotion. (a number 1 instead of a L)

Old 06-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #41
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

It is No Mercy124 (my brother made the g-tag, I hate it.)

but I don't have live up right now. my subscription expired and I havn't bought a new one. :P