Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #827
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
"Even if we have to build it ourselves. . I guess what you lose is some resale and the emblems"
That is actually pretty darn important to some people.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #828
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
We'll just have unemblemated cars.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #829
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
We'll just have unemblemated cars.
We'll call it....The Emblemator ...., side note.., still thinkin about the LS7, that LS7 is an amazing engine....it keeps pulling past 7,000 RPM stock on the dyno charts...with alot of room for growth, it's not even breaking a sweat. That is one bullet proof blue printed engine. I looked up pricing, 14 and change in the crate without pulleys and front bolt ons. Yes, the ZL1 is a magnificant piece of engineering, but for a foundation to start from and build up reliably....that 'lil "factory" hand built LS7 is a motor heads dream come true.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #830
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
In the event of your absence, would you (or anyone else) mind if I "advocate" on your behalf?! Of course, me being a "quiet, shy guy" makes this a monumental request...
So as i was not able to go,

Old 08-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #831
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
BTW, and I'm only posting it "here" for the "Friends of LS7", there's an open house at the Wixom Performance Build Center, next Thursday the 18th from noon to 4PM. No reservations required, but don't wear open-toed footwear. Home and birthing center of the hand-built GS-dry-sump'd LS3/Z06-engined LS7/ZR1-engined LS9. Cars on display as well.

If you're in the Detroit area for the NASCAR races or Woodward Dream Cruise, consider this rare event.

Raise you hand if you wanna go...

While I'm there, I'll check out their "capacity" and suggest some "volume enhancement..."
UPDATE:

We very much enjoyed GM's hospitality, Thursday. BBQ. Many interesting cars on display, outside, not all of which housed "Wixom Power". Met some old friends. The tour itself was very interesting, and insightful. Watched an LS9 being built from bottom-up. Saw their testing equipment. Unfortunately, cameras WERE allowed...but I didn't have mine, expecting them NOT to be useful... So, applies...

Some of the assemblers were in the GM Performance Parts display at 13 Mile, Friday and Saturday, assembling and disassembling an LS9...in about 90 minutes, each process. Wish I could be that productive...

Other than the mini-twister that went thru the Royal Oak area, Saturday afternoon late, and led to traffic problems Northbound Saturday nite, the Cruise was worth the journey as usual...and the ZL1 on display at the Chev display in Birmingham was a treat for those in attendance.

NO ONE...in any capacity...at Wixom...or the Chev display...wanted to talk about a "possible Z/28"...rumors abound, but no "insight"..."hints", kinda-sorta, but nothing to hang your hat on...

Sorry...but sometimes, no news is GOOD NEWS... NO ONE denied it, either...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #832
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Cool

Quote:
UPDATE:

NO ONE...in any capacity...at Wixom...or the Chev display...wanted to talk about a "possible Z/28"...rumors abound, but no "insight"..."hints", kinda-sorta, but nothing to hang your hat on...

Sorry...but sometimes, no news is GOOD NEWS... NO ONE denied it, either...

Very interesting???
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #833
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The quieter the better. Speaking of which, I did have a very interesting conversation today
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #834
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The quieter the better. Speaking of which, I did have a very interesting conversation today

Last edited by Fightinfire921; 07-28-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #835
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
I'm liZZening...
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #836
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
And then......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #837
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Very interesting???
I mentioned, earlier, about ascertaining Wixom capacities. Keep in mind they currently build "dry" LS3s, LS7s, and LS9s, along with the "customer build" engine option for Corvettes. These numbers were shared:

High-water mark - approx. 10,000 units, total, including "crate"

2010 - approx. 5,700, total

2011 - approx. 4,700 "built and forecasted"

"Have you heard anything regarding a 'special Z/28' engine?"

[ A wide range of answers, from blank stares, to "No", to "What's that?", to "We always look forward to more opportunities..." ]

"Would 5,000 'extra' LS7s be something you could handle, from a labor point of view?"

"Gladly!"

"Any firm plans regarding Next-Gen engines for Wixom?"

"None that we've had confirmed..."

Pencils ready? Draw your own conclusions...

BTW, GM Powertrain/Corvette Racing uses space, elsewhere, in the same complex...

So does GM Liquidation... I'd hate to think that is a harbinger of things to come for Wixom...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 09-21-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #838
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
I mentioned, earlier, about ascertaining Wixom capacities. Keep in mind they currently build "dry" LS3s, LS7s, and LS9s, along with the "customer build" engine option for Corvettes. These numbers were shared:

High-water mark - approx. 10,000 units, total, including "crate"

2010 - approx. 5,700, total

2011 - approx. 4,700 "built and forecasted"

"Have you heard anything regarding a 'special Z/28' engine?"

[ A wide range of answers, from blank stares, to "No", to "What's that?", to "We always look forward to more opportunities..." ]

"Would 5,000 'extra' LS7s be something you could handle, from a labor point of view?"

"Gladly!"

"Any firm plans regarding Next-Gen engines for Wixom?"

"None that we've had confirmed..."

Pencils ready? Draw your own conclusions...

BTW, GM Powertrain/Corvette Racing uses space, elsewhere, in the same complex...

So does GM Liquidation... I'd hate to think that is a harbinger of things to come for Wixom...
We need more then 5,000 per year. I would like to see at least 15% of Camaro Sales be Z28's.

Some of you may not agree and bring up that the Boss is a limited edition car, but the Z28 means something to a lot of people and I feel all of us deserve the chance to have one instead of fighting each other for one.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #839
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

5,000 "as a minimum" is my thought as to being a "buildable Business Case". 'Course, what do I know?!

At least Wixom has the ability, and the "interest", to facilitate "at least" that number...assuming, of course, a "Z/28" requires a Wixom-built "bullet"...which we ALL know it does!

From my observations, Thursday, there is physical room in that complex for several more "stations"...and the talent, no doubt, exists as well to man those stations...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #840
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
5,000 "as a minimum" is my thought as to being a "buildable Business Case". 'Course, what do I know?!
At least Wixom has the ability, and the "interest", to facilitate "at least" that number...assuming, of course, a "Z/28" requires a Wixom-built "bullet"...which we ALL know it does!

From my observations, Thursday, there is physical room in that complex for several more "stations"...and the talent, no doubt, exists as well to man those stations...
Judging by your posts, more than the average bear
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro