Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 12-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Post Dear Mods,

Okay, this is a question to the mods and I would be shocked if it doesn't get moved. I just have a few things to say. First I’d like to start by saying don’t you think you’re going a bit over board? I mean come on, no doubt some stuff needs to be moved every now and again but moving things like the thread called “Rejected by another Camaro forum prior to joining Camaro5!” to the off-topic area is insanity. It is very much so not off topic as a matter of fact it is the most on topic thing I have seen in the 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions section. The whole idea is to talk about why he came to CAMARO5. I don’t see how this is not a general Camaro topic. Also, how could you move: any v6ers feel like this? To the Camaro V6 LLT / LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons section, not only does this post have absolutely nothing to do with Bolt ons, LLT/LFX Engines or exhaust but the whole purpose behind the thread was to bash V6 but you decided it okay to move it to where the majority of V6 owners are located. Another thing that got to me was this one: Here she is!!! Which is was moved to the Members Car journal area… That is not a car journal by any regard. It is NEW member who posted a picture of his new car. I mean come on, the dude has 57 posts! He was sharing his excitement with the general population on CAMARO5, it’s not like he posted “Okay guys let me give you back ground story about my car…blah blah blah.” What really gets me is how you can move those kinds of post but not move one like this: Parking lights on to long when it clearly should be posted in one of our numerous Technical Camaro Topics areas.
Like I said before there are a few that were rightfully moved and one of them was mine. I posted about Christmas Time and was moved to the general section (rightfully so). I would have put it there to begin with but had no idea it was there. I have been on this site for a while and never took the time to scroll down and look to see what was at the bottom. Basically, don’t think I’m mad just because I had one of mine moved.
Anyway, I’m glad I got that off my chest. Take it or leave it.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Moved to the site related/Suggestions/Feedback/Questions subforum. I don't see what's so complicated with posting in the correct subforum

Also, how is in any way the thread “Rejected by another Camaro forum prior to joining Camaro5!” involve the 5th generation camaro?

Also, if you think a post should be moved click this button:
Old 12-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Moved to the site related/Suggestions/Feedback/Questions subforum. I don't see what's so complicated with posting in the correct subforum

Also, how is in any way the thread “Rejected by another Camaro forum prior to joining Camaro5!” involve the 5th generation camaro?

Also, if you think a post should be moved click this button:
The problem is that they over lap, then you have a general area.

No however, it is directly about CAMARO5. Which id btw this site.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
The problem is that they over lap, then you have a general area.

No however, it is directly about CAMARO5. Which id btw this site.
The thread is about a member's experience with another forum. Yes, the forum was for camaro's (which we've pretty much determined was a 1st gen forum anyway, but I digress)

Let me try this: A square is an object with 4 sides of equal length and 4 right angles, a rectangle is an object with 4 sides of different lengthes and has 4 right angles, and a quadrilateral is an object that has 4 sides.

So, a square is a specific type of rectangle, and a rectangle is a specific type of quadrilateral. This is called organization.

Now for my final point:

It's called Four Square, not Four Quadrilateral
Old 12-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
This is the only forum that I have ever been on where there are mods who complain because they have to move threads and actually start threads about it.
Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
The thread is about a member's experience with another forum. Yes, the forum was for camaro's (which we've pretty much determined was a 1st gen forum anyway, but I digress)

Let me try this: A square is an object with 4 sides of equal length and 4 right angles, a rectangle is an object with 4 sides of different lengthes and has 4 right angles, and a quadrilateral is an object that has 4 sides.

So, a square is a specific type of rectangle, and a rectangle is a specific type of quadrilateral. This is called organization.

Now for my final point:

It's called Four Square, not Four Quadrilateral
I like where you went with the shapes. Very condescending. Let me build on that thought.

Pretend that you have a forum called Quadrilaterals Anonymous. You have 4 Sections: General Quadrilateral Talk, Rectangle Talk, Square Talk, and Other.
Some one post in the General Quadrilateral Talk section about a Square. Does it not qualify to be there? If not, why? that is the General talk area. Just because it apply elsewhere too does that not make it welcome in both categories?
Counter to that. If someone posted about a Triangle in the General Quadrilateral section, undoubtedly it should be removed.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1 View Post
This is the only forum that I have ever been on where there are mods who complain because they have to move threads and actually start threads about it.
It is most probably the most organized and easy to browse forum most people have ever been on...

We were asked to help keep the site organized... There are 15 or so of us, and there are 53,000 + members... I realize most are not heavily involved, but there are several thousand members on the boards every day... Some members have as many as twenty or more posts per day...

Would you rather we just let everyonee do what they want and have the site slowly die, because it doesn't work, or would you like to be able to come in, know where to go if you want to post whore, or where to go if you want to find specific topics and subjects, and discuss them with people interested in like minded information....

It's easy to not ask for consideration when you're on a site that doesn't care...

Here's the rub... WE CARE.... This is the only Camaro forum recognized by GM, and Chevrolet.... That says a lot....

Think of it like some do... It's like a home or place of business... for lack of better analogies.... I would much rather spend time in a nice, neat, clean and organized place than a dump.... Do you let people come into your house and trash it... There are huge numbers of members that have commented that Camaro5 is like family... so the analogy isn't too far out of line...

Is asking for a little help too much... if so.... then I can't reply further...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

. scratch this one.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
It is most probably the most organized and easy to browse forum most people have ever been on...

We were asked to help keep the site organized... There are 15 or so of us, and there are 53,000 + members... I realize most are not heavily involved, but there are several thousand members on the boards every day... Some members have as many as twenty or more posts per day...

Would you rather we just let everyonee do what they want and have the site slowly die, because it doesn't work, or would you like to be able to come in, know where to go if you want to post whore, or where to go if you want to find specific topics and subjects, and discuss them with people interested in like minded information....

It's easy to not ask for consideration when you're on a site that doesn't care...

Here's the rub... WE CARE.... This is the only Camaro forum recognized by GM, and Chevrolet.... That says a lot....

Think of it like some do... It's like a home or place of business... for lack of better analogies.... I would much rather spend time in a nice, neat, clean and organized place than a dump.... Do you let people come into your house and trash it... There are huge numbers of members that have commented that Camaro5 is like family... so the analogy isn't too far out of line...

No no, i fullly understand this, and i mean no disrespect to you guys. But i'm saying you can't get that mad when there is already a clash of interests within the site. For example you cant put a stop sign and a stoplight together, it's one or the other.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
coolman

Quote:
I like where you went with the shapes. Very condescending. Let me build on that thought.

Pretend that you have a forum called Quadrilaterals Anonymous. You have 4 Sections: General Quadrilateral Talk, Rectangle Talk, Square Talk, and Other.
Some one post in the General Quadrilateral Talk section about a Square. Does it not qualify to be there? If not, why? that is the General talk area. Just because it apply elsewhere too does that not make it welcome in both categories?
Counter to that. If someone posted about a Triangle in the General Quadrilateral section, undoubtedly it should be removed.
I'm not a mod but I'll take a stab at this one. The rules state that if it fits into a subtopic then that's where it goes. So to fit that rule, you would have to put it in Square talk because it fits better than General Quadrilateral talk.

For me I could care less where a thread is located because I mainly only use the new post tab.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:

Does it hurt you that we try to keep our house clean... Please enlighten me how it bothers you that we do what we are tasked with...

I did a little looking, and the comment about you not knowing about all the sub-forums doesn't hold water... I went through approximately your first 100-125 or so posts... and you were in most every major sub, and quite a few minor sub forums... I can post them if you like...

Like I said in my last post, we were tasked with keeping the site organized and we are going to continue to do so... If it bothers you that much, while I hate to see members leave what I strongly feel is the very best Camaro forum on the internet, you do have options... No one is going to beg you to stay when you stir a pot like you have with this thread, intentionally starting it in the wrong area...

Why should the other moderators and I not be ablee to enjoy this forum due to having to spend all of our time cleaning up crap left behind by non caring members... We were members before being selected to be moderators... and we are still members... None of us are paid a dime for our time... Which I certainly have no issue with... I personally enjoy being a member of the Best Camaro Site on the web...

We will keep this site organized, and people with large numbers of posts may start recieving infractions if they can't/won't even make an attempt to help... We are perfectly willing to help new members figure it out... as I have done with numerous members... but someone with as many post as you have in as many areas of the forum as you have been should know the appropriate areas to start new threads...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
Harley1

Quote:
It is most probably the most organized and easy to browse forum most people have ever beenn...
For a Camaro site yes, ill give ya that. Compared to other sites that I am on, (not Camaro) its the same.

Quote:
OK....

Quote:
I would rather not see complaning going on in regards to movement or post in the correct forum in each thread on the 2nd post, but thats just my opinion which means nada.

Quote:

Thank you, you should its your site. I care because I am a member here.

Quote:
To answer your question, no I do not.

Quote:
No it is not, but try going about it in a different way instead of the complaints being done in each thread, thats all im saying.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1 View Post
For a Camaro site yes, ill give ya that. Compared to other sites that I am on, (not Camaro) its the same.

OK....

I would rather not see complaning going on in regards to movement or post in the correct forum in each thread on the 2nd post, but thats just my opinion which means nada.

Thank you, you should its your site. I care because I am a member here.

To answer your question, no I do not.

No it is not, but try going about it in a different way instead of the complaints being done in each thread, thats all im saying.
Thanks for your reply... and I'm not sure what you mean on the complaining in so many threads...

If you'll link me to it I'll certainly look.... We do have the big one in the general forums section that we periodically bump to the top... I will grant you it has been bumped several times on some days... but most people who have read that one can just ignore it... There is no need to re-read it... Some people only log on once every week or so, some not that often... We want to make sure as many people as possible see it...

I will submit that several of the mods will post a comment in a thread they are moving to let the op know why it's being moved... This is to remind them or let newer members know that there are subforums for different subjects...

We also try to leave an expiring link for a period of time... This is based somewhat on the number of posts a member has... several hundred to over a thousand... I personally leave a 2-3 hours link.... If it's a newer member, I often leave a 24 hour link so they can find where it went...

Most people can consider that if they started a thread and there is no link to it, it's either moderated, we are fixing it or hiding it to let the admin look at it (subject dependent) or it is flat out deleted... We all try to leave a link if we move a thread...

I hope some of this helps...

Old 12-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #14
Harley1

Quote:
Thanks for your reply... and I'm not sure what you mean on the complaining in so many threads...

If you'll link me to it I'll certainly look.... We do have the big one in the general forums section that we periodically bump to the top... I will grant you it has been bumped several times on some days... but most people who have read that one can just ignore it... There is no need to re-read it... Some people only log on once every week or so, some not that often... We want to make sure as many people as possible see it...

I will submit that several of the mods will post a comment in a thread they are moving to let the op know why it's being moved... This is to remind them or let newer members know that there are subforums for different subjects...

We also try to leave an expiring link for a period of time... This is based somewhat on the number of posts a member has... several hundred to over a thousand... I personally leave a 2-3 hours link.... If it's a newer member, I often leave a 24 hour link so they can find where it went...

Most people can consider that if they started a thread and there is no link to it, it's either moderated, we are fixing it or hiding it to let the admin look at it (subject dependent) or it is flat out deleted... We all try to leave a link if we move a thread...

I hope some of this helps...
Yes it does and Thank you for your time, however there are no links needed, as I am not here to call anyone specific person out. What I can say is that it is being done in many threads, maybe thats what he or she or they, were told to do, maybe he or she or they were just on one for the last few days..

But I did just search posts and found 5 complaints or complaning just within the last few days on the first couple pages in CAPITOL letters in various threads. Also threads moved for whatever reason, then moved back to the original forum.

Tags
mods, moved topics