Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #141
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
SSinisterLS3,

Sorry to hear about the Camaro, but congratulations on your Corvette! I hope it brings you much satisfaction! Feel free to message us anytime with concerns and drive safe out there!

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

i enjoy my ZL1 and my 2011 ss however there are issues of which GM could of fixed thru 3 years of making the ZL but to cheap to deal with them.i love my car but certain things just bug me.first the outside paint is so thin.i had to repaint my new car.2nd the painted black rims i had to powdercoat to really fix the paint issue,the ZL overheats when raced so a hx or superchiller is needed.cheesy sc cover had to paint.air really doesnot work in very hot areas.(crazy)carpet is so thin it look worn after a year.the car has a great running gear and GM counts on that.even the 99 vettes have driver seats that are auto.my fx 45 i have had since 04 still looks like new.my i.s.is the same.GM could of fix all all of items and most would of paid a liitle more.at the last show i was at there was 22 camaros there.mine was the only ZL and people eally believed that is how is is made.lol
Old 07-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #142
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
anyone that buys a camaro for exclusivity or for people to high five you. Just seems like you wanted attention for a car you drove. tbh if you wanted all of that you should be looking into viper/zr1 territory
Old 07-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #143
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post

A guy that works at a dealer told me about the camaro. He said people keep them for 5k miles over three years, and do nothing but talk about how reliable it is. This 98 Camry can go 5k miles in three years too. Is that all of a sudden a great car now too? That's what you are doing. You have a brand new car. Strong support from someone with no experience. You gotta rack up some miles there rookie.
Got mine in December of 2009. It was my daily driver for quite a while ( daily driving my motorcycle now). It just past 70k. It's not been back to the dealer since I got it. Only work done to it is basic maintenance. The only problems with the paint are scratches and door dings from it being a daily driver. That better?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #144
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
YOU were right! The MSRP of a new ZL1 is 67,005. So I guess the 66,000 is a good deal. Found one in upper 65 range. Thats the only one around here. So, I'm back with you! LINKS!

http://www.wiesnerhuntsville.com/new...9D9807051.aspx

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...49674352&Log=0

I love my car now. It's got miles, not serviced at a GM dealer for anything other than the oil changes and balance. Guy gave me all the receipts for service in the glove box. So, sounds like YOU are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. You are a camaro specialty shop? Ehhh, wouldn't buy one from you if you don't even know the MSRP. I personally stood next to the black coupe at Buckalew for 66,000. It has a sticker on it for dealer markup. Yes, they mark them up around here STILL. So, yes, they are out there. The vert at Wiesner isn't that bad a deal since THOSE are in the 70s down here.

It's called column lock on the C5 and 2005 LS2. It's fixed with a 20 dollar part from any vette service shop. Also, the roof is only on hard tops. Doesn't apply to mine. The corvette didn't blow up from battery issues. What's your point? It was not repainted since TSBs exist for paint problems. That tells anyone there is an issue with black.

Actually it wasn't just the column lock, though she had that issue too. He stability track went haywire and would let her go more then 20mph. They told her $2000 to fix it. Lucky she had a month left on her extended warranty. Right now ever time she gets in it she needs to do a reset on the dash to get the gauges to work right.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #145
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
This whole thread is pretty useless... WHo cares if he didn't like the car and or that he bashed it.

Its his opinion... We can't change that...

For example, I love pizza, my gf doesn't. She says pizza is gross... Does that mean it is? TO HER yes, to me no...

Move on people... Nothing to see here.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #146
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Number three is the people. Every Camaro owner I see on the street DOES NOT WAVE. They do not do anything except hammer it, and start weaving through traffic at 100 plus, hoping you will chase them. Umm, no. Go ahead. I can’t count how many times that has happened, and next time I see them is on the shoulder. Red and blues.

I am calling BS here, nice rant, don't let the door hit you.........
Old 07-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #147
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I can't believe this thread is still open and that a huge argument hasn't broken out. Nice job everyone for staying somewhat mature.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #148
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Mornin. (Yawn) just checkking (scrolling) another question why I didn't get paint fixed that I've answered four times....(scrolling) some guy saying I called him a rich snob....(scrolling) another fully built camaro saying its GM that made it reliable.....(scrolling) and yup. Nothing new here. Paint wasn't warrantied. A TSB is not a recall. They do not HAVE to fix it. In my case, they did not.....for the fifth time. Ah yes, and one more guy complaining about an 05 vette. Same electrics as a c5. Anyone who knows anything about these knows 06 is good since the column lock doesn't mess your electric system up. 07 got the better rear end. Why would someone get a 07 base vette for 30 when a used z06 with 50k miles goes for almost 50. Gee, let me think. Also, Z06s do not come in convertible trim, which I happen to like on the car.

Trans am hood? Thats new. I remember them having two ram air intakes. Unless I'm wrong about that too, and I'm sure someone will "call bs" on that as well. I called nobody a rich snob. I am the one getting accused of wanting attention while guy b spends 92,000 trying to do that. I don't want attention. I wanted a better car. Not my problem if you think it is attention grabbing. I'll wait today and see if there is any new developments later. I'm sure another ten people will ask about the paint. Another five corny wave jokes. Then, at least one other person saying the ZL1 is God's gift to the automotive world.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #149
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Mornin. (Yawn) just checkking (scrolling) another question why I didn't get paint fixed that I've answered four times....(scrolling) some guy saying I called him a rich snob....(scrolling) another fully built camaro saying its GM that made it reliable.....(scrolling) and yup. Nothing new here. Paint wasn't warrantied. A TSB is not a recall. They do not HAVE to fix it. In my case, they did not.....for the fifth time. Ah yes, and one more guy complaining about an 05 vette. Same electrics as a c5. Anyone who knows anything about these knows 06 is good since the column lock doesn't mess your electric system up. 07 got the better rear end. Why would someone get a 07 base vette for 30 when a used z06 with 50k miles goes for almost 50. Gee, let me think. Also, Z06s do not come in convertible trim, which I happen to like on the car.

Trans am hood? Thats new. I remember them having two ram air intakes. Unless I'm wrong about that too, and I'm sure someone will "call bs" on that as well. I called nobody a rich snob. I am the one getting accused of wanting attention while guy b spends 92,000 trying to do that. I don't want attention. I wanted a better car. Not my problem if you think it is attention grabbing. I'll wait today and see if there is any new developments later. I'm sure another ten people will ask about the paint. Another five corny wave jokes. Then, at least one other person saying the ZL1 is God's gift to the automotive world.
Really dude, move on. Now you are starting to look pathetic. If you do not like what random people on the internet are going to say to you, do not post on the internet. If you need justification for what you did, go to the vette forum. Hint: Just tell them you upgraded.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #150
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Everybody is different, I understand that. Two of your reasons for getting rid of the car are baffling though: People won't wave at you and you see a bunch of other Camaros on the road. As for the waving, maybe you have an insecurity complex? I wave at other Camaros, if they wave back, ok, if not, ok. I've never got butt hurt over a "non-waiver". As for seeing many of them on the road, it's a Camaro, not a Bugatti Veyron. A $40k American Muscle Car is going to be pretty common. Oh well, good luck and I hope people wave at you in your Vette and you don't see too many others on the road.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #151
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
lol those waving will have grey perms..............
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #152
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Im sorry but if youre trying to stand out, a generic c6 corvette isn't going to do it any better than the Camaro. Don't get me wrong, its a great car, but every old guy who always dreamed of having one and can finally afford it has one. But whatever makes you happy.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #153
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
my only complaint with this car is the MyLink system being complete and utter garbage. Can't believe this thing made it into a 40K car.

Other than that, and especially here in Canada, my camaro is still one of a kind. gets tons of looks, but again, this badboy would be right at home in the southers states so i have no doubt you see many daily.

The paint, meh? what do you expect, it's not a 100,000$ car here. A custom paint job would be best, the industry is full of this new cost saving, eco paint and we suffer for it.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #154
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
Like the other guy, I do want to offer my thanks for the job you do. People can sleep at night because of you and I wave to LEOs when I pass them. Did that for 4 years.

Just ease up on the over generalizing. Case by case. Aint the way to live, man.

I can comfortably say that I have never been able to "sleep better at night" because of LEO's. If something happens it takes 15-30 mins for them to show up, which by then is pointless anyways. My 1911 does a better job at giving me peace of mind. 'Murica!

Ok, I better stop before I get in trouble on here because god forbid freedom of speech about something like this. That is all.

Closed Thread