Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 03-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Overhaulin' 67' Camaro

Hey, I know this is a real long shot and i kinda feel like a D-bag just posting it but im a huge car enthusiest and this really means a lot to me and my family so im willing to try anything, and i know this site has a lot of really awsome people that are connected and all and i figured id at least give it a shot...

Well i've seen the show Overhaulin' quite a bit and its always been one of my favorites, and ive always thought "man it would be too awsome to have my mom's 67' Camaro on there" and so to explain a little better here's the story...

In high school my mom bought her second car, which was a 67' RS Camaro, during the purchase she lit a cigarette which was packed with a firecracker (courtesy of my uncle) and the stories just unfold from there. She drove the car all through high school and has limitless stories of family and friends and just overall great memories in that car. It was driven daily up until around 86' or 87' when my dad sold it out from under her one day. We know the guy it was sold too and he planned to restore it but its been sitting in his yard untouched since then. Now im grown and ive gotten deep into cars, especially muscle cars, and i happened to get a 91' RS Camaro myself to compliment my mom's old car. We've talked about getting the car back and she's done all but broke out in tears wanting that car back after all the memories and stories and just deep family heritage thats all wrapped up in the car. She can barely look at a 1st gen Camaro anymore without getting upset over her lost car. And so one day i saw the show Overhaulin' and realized "wow this would be the PERFECT thing for her" whats even better is we know where the car is and who has it and we know its been untouched so it probly wouldnt take much to get it back, but then the show wouldnt have to steal it and overhaul it, just present it to her through some "prank" or something and then when she finds out she's getting it she could be all "oh my god it reminds me of my car sooo much" and then the bomb drops "yeah...well it is your car" haha, i just think itd be amazing, itd be my dream, itd be her dream, and itd be a perfect story for the show.

I dont know if anyone could help me with this but it would really mean a lot. We come from a family big on muscle cars, my mom had her 67' Camaro, my uncle had a 69' Cuda, my dad has an 81' Trans Am, my brother has an 88' Firebird, and i have a 91' Camaro, the heritage is just kind of ingrained into our family heritage. We'd love to get the car back and restore it but we've never been in a good enough financial position to even consider paying to buy it back, let alone restore it. So i thought id at least try and throw it out there and see what came of it. If anyone could help at all itd be appreciated more than you would know, thanks much guys. =)
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Great story, so good luck. You'll need the car/title though before you can even consider Overhaulin'.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Vega

Yeah =P i was wantin to get it bought but keep it away so she doesnt know haha, i know its a long shot but im willing to give anything a try at this point haha

and thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
I thought they stopped that show back in '08?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
...for starters at least let the current owner know you are interested in getting the car back. Explain your story, ...maybe you can work some sort of deal, ..you just never know. All the rest is great, ...but you gotta get the car first...
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Overhaulin' is no longer in production. Chip called it quits a couple years ago because it was taking too much of his time away from his main business.. A friend of mine talked to him at the NSRA Nationals car show last year about it..
Sorry but unless someone else starts a new show like Overhaulin' then it just isn;t going to happen..
Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
good luck
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Overhaulin' is no longer in production. Chip called it quits a couple years ago because it was taking too much of his time away from his main business.. A friend of mine talked to him at the NSRA Nationals car show last year about it..
Sorry but unless someone else starts a new show like Overhaulin' then it just isn;t going to happen..
Hm well thats lame =/
Oh well, thanks guys, i'll keep you posted if anything happens with the Camaro
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Bruiser

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/Cyber Gray Stripes
Overhaulin' a Camaro

Well Overhaulin' is gone now (which sucks--I really liked that show) but there is Search and Restore. Not as good as Overhaulin was but what the heck? Try Googling them but like everyone else has said, you gotta own the car.

-Bob George
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
search and restore would be a better option. Even if Overhaulin was still in production, weren't most all of the cars on the show in California anyway?

S&R is all over the country
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote