Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #183
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Looks really good!!! Do you like the suspension changes? Once I did mine it was like night and day litterally.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #184
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Looks really good!!! Do you like the suspension changes? Once I did mine it was like night and day litterally.
Only did the front Pedders Z sway bar but yes it was a world of difference when I put it on the stiffest setting. I know I'll be switching the setting to softest in the front once I put in the rear but yes I loved it. How did it feel going from the pfadt bars to the new 1LE geometry on yours? I'll be converting to the FE4 suspension when I do the rear bar.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #185
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

The PFADT set up on my old Camaro was really nice. Though the 1LE just seems more mature. The 1LE seems to handle even better. I am not sure how to put this, it really soaks up the corners. The transitions are better, that may be a power thing and not suspension thing.
Truefully I miss my old running mate, strange how we get attached to inanimate objects. Though I look forward every morning to driving my new car. Hell I watch the clock wanting to drive home in the new car.
Aye when you remove the rear sway bar your going to laugh at how small it is. Believe me I did and so did the mechanic. Your new rear sway bar is going to be ALLOT Larger. Your set up will be like driving a new Car. I cant wait to see the rest of your build happen.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #186
lscamaro

Quote:
The PFADT set up on my old Camaro was really nice. Though the 1LE just seems more mature. The 1LE seems to handle even better. I am not sure how to put this, it really soaks up the corners. The transitions are better, that may be a power thing and not suspension thing.
Truefully I miss my old running mate, strange how we get attached to inanimate objects. Though I look forward every morning to driving my new car. Hell I watch the clock wanting to drive home in the new car.
Aye when you remove the rear sway bar your going to laugh at how small it is. Believe me I did and so did the mechanic. Your new rear sway bar is going to be ALLOT Larger. Your set up will be like driving a new Car. I cant wait to see the rest of your build happen.
Stay tuned because a lot of it will be happening over the winter break. I've already seen the size of the Pedders bar and boy was I surprised it was so big. When I did the front sway swap, you could easily tell there would be a difference when I took out the stock one. The stock one looked tiny compared to the new Pedders one. Hopefully the rear provides as big a difference as the front did. After that and some cradle inserts, the suspension will be done.

Quick question, what do you think of painting my calipers the color of the pin striping.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #187
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Stay tuned because a lot of it will be happening over the winter break. I've already seen the size of the Pedders bar and boy was I surprised it was so big. When I did the front sway swap, you could easily tell there would be a difference when I took out the stock one. The stock one looked tiny compared to the new Pedders one. Hopefully the rear provides as big a difference as the front did. After that and some cradle inserts, the suspension will be done.

Quick question, what do you think of painting my calipers the color of the pin striping.

Those 18" wheels are growing on me.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #188
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 View Post

Those 18" wheels are growing on me.
Hey, there he is!
Been awhile man.

I actually think it's the tires that make the stock 18s look bad. I replaced the rears with some better tires and the tires look better so it makes the 18s look great in my opinion. But considering things are slowly getting crossed off the "to do" list, new wheels and tires are slowly approaching

Old 11-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #189
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Quote:
Hey, there he is!
Been awhile man.

I actually think it's the tires that make the stock 18s look bad. I replaced the rears with some better tires and the tires look better so it makes the 18s look great in my opinion. But considering things are slowly getting crossed off the "to do" list, new wheels and tires are slowly approaching
Yeah, I've been lurking.

Those suspension mods sound awesome. What set of wheels are you going for? Staying with 18s or going 20s? Either way I bet they will look great!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #190
lscamaro

Quote:
Yeah, I've been lurking.

Those suspension mods sound awesome. What set of wheels are you going for? Staying with 18s or going 20s? Either way I bet they will look great!
Be sure to drop in from time to time. My build thread gets lonely

Right now my two wheel choices are LG ZL1 Replicas and Forgestar F14s. But if those new 20" Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave fit on the Camaro, those will be my future wheel no doubt about it. But that's a long way from now

Old 11-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #191
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Quote:
Be sure to drop in from time to time. My build thread gets lonely

Right now my two wheel choices are LG ZL1 Replicas and Forgestar F14s. But if those new 20" Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave fit on the Camaro, those will be my future wheel no doubt about it. But that's a long way from now
Will do.

Any of those wheels will definitely look awesome on your car (and mine ). I was leaning towards some FactoryReproductions Style 41 ZL1 replica wheels, but those LG ZL1 replica wheels looks better IMO. Now we need more money haha.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #192
lscamaro

Quote:
Will do.

Any of those wheels will definitely look awesome on your car (and mine ). I was leaning towards some FactoryReproductions Style 41 ZL1 replica wheels, but those LG ZL1 replica wheels looks better IMO. Now we need more money haha.
The FR wheels are nice but I just can't get over the fact that they're just not that close to the real ones. The LG ones are a lot better. I especially love those forgestars though. But yes we need more money, desperately

Old 11-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #193
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
It may be a little much, a friend once said, "There is a reason they call it an accent color". I think it would be too much, though you could do one and see then decide.

Just fyi, the rear sway bar will be a bigger difference believe me.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #194
lscamaro

Quote:
It may be a little much, a friend once said, "There is a reason they call it an accent color". I think it would be too much, though you could do one and see then decide.

Just fyi, the rear sway bar will be a bigger difference believe me.
Yea I guess I'll do that.

I'm glad you said that, it makes me actually want to install the rear sway.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #195
lscamaro

Had to find something to do over winter break so I put the Camaro lettering on the trunk where I previously had nothing. Looks really good to me and in person. Might keep there long term.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #196
lscamaro

Also was able to paint my previously polished elite engineering catch can. I know some like the polished look but it's not the theme I'm going with on this car so it got painted black. Looks really good and will be going on soon.
Attached Images