Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
nari_aizawa
Jen is not toast

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
Question Trunk space?

Hey. I know I posted this AWHILE ago.... but since the official reveal of the Camaro took place I was wondering if anyone had any info on the trunk space. I saw a picrure a few months back of a guy curled up in the trunk but that was in the prototype. I attatched the pics I have (which only tell you so much) but if anyone can help me out that would be awesome!!! Thank you!
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
well if it were a truck I'd be able to answer you but it's not a truck. . .
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
11.3 cu. ft. from the spec PDF. For comparison, the Honda Accord coupe is 11.9 cu. ft.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
is that shunt?
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
Chogan2200

Drives: 96 Cavalier "Scarlet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
is that shunt?

that explains the curb weight!!!
Chogan2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Can anyone confirm that this is what the production trunk opening will look like? I sure hope not, 'cuz that is pretty skinny. I can only hope it's wider inside and that the back seats go down. If not, I could be looking at a different, even more pricey alternative.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have a Sky, trunk space is not a concern to me..
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I have a Sky, trunk space is not a concern to me..
True, but you also have an HHR and a Jeep Liberty, do you not? You probably don't have to haul drum equipment like I do and, unfortunately, I don't have room in my budget for 2 vehicles, let alone the cash to insure both, esp. since my rate would probably go up with an SS... As small as my G35 looks, it has a surprising amount of cargo room, including the trunk. I just need a trunk big enough to fit my 4'x1.5' hardware bag in. Everthing else should fit, if that does. That being said, if the battery IS in the trunk, it better be under it, where the spare tire would normally be (are you listening, GM? Please don't force me to buy a BMW by overlooking these little details). Also, I am not a truck kind of guy; I like sporty coupes, so that's what I buy. If it were not for my need of cargo space, I'd probably be looking at vettes instead... Nahh, I'd still look at the 'Maro also 'cuz it looks so bad-@$$!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
True, but you also have an HHR and a Jeep Liberty, do you not? You probably don't have to haul drum equipment like I do and, unfortunately, I don't have room in my budget for 2 vehicles, let alone the cash to insure both, esp. since my rate would probably go up with an SS... As small as my G35 looks, it has a surprising amount of cargo room, including the trunk. I just need a trunk big enough to fit my 4'x1.5' hardware bag in. Everthing else should fit, if that does. That being said, if the battery IS in the trunk, it better be under it, where the spare tire would normally be (are you listening, GM? Please don't force me to buy a BMW by overlooking these little details). Also, I am not a truck kind of guy; I like sporty coupes, so that's what I buy. If it were not for my need of cargo space, I'd probably be looking at vettes instead... Nahh, I'd still look at the 'Maro also 'cuz it looks so bad-@$$!

I use the other seats to haul my band equipment. Amps and all, it'll fit if you just know how to arrange it.

What drum are we talking about? Like a set for a "band" band, or a snare or some tenors for marching band?
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
According to Infiniti.com, your G35 coupe has just under 8 cu. ft. of Cargo space. The Camaro will have 11.3.
And as for the battery...it's hidden in the side of the trunk (no terrible bulge) in the G8.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
The rear seat of the Camaro folds down allowing a LOT of stuff to pass thru to the rear seat area..........I've had to crawl thru the pass-thru on one or two occasions to 'open' the trunk of one of the IVERs -- a lot of room back there.......

(and yes, that was Shunt at Camaros at Carlisle....)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
Shaggy
2010 Maro owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Truck
Doesn't look to bad.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #13
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
it's little details about the car like the one fbodfather just said"The rear seat of the Camaro folds down" that keep me enticed just as i start to lose interest and want another car NOW. so fbodfather keep them coming. please... pretty please.. with sugar on top
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #14
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
According to Infiniti.com, your G35 coupe has just under 8 cu. ft. of Cargo space. The Camaro will have 11.3.
And as for the battery...it's hidden in the side of the trunk (no terrible bulge) in the G8
True, but it's the way that the 8 cu. ft. (or 11.3 in the Camaro's case) is laid out that matters. If it's more vertical than horizontal, it won't matter one bit if my cargo doesn't fit in the horizontal space available. As small as it is, I could probably even squeeze everything into a new Audi TT coupe if I wanted to, due to the openness of the cabin... The folding rear seat could solve that problem, but that depends on where I can place the other 6 bags (yes, it's a drum set). Thanks, fbodfather, for confirming the availability of the folding rear seat. I'll continue to hold my breath. More detailed pics of the trunk and folding seat would definitely be helpful though. I could tell Shunt's legs were tucked under that opening a bit, but I'm still curious as to the actual layout of that trunk space. Will that extra plastic on the sides (behind the taillights) still be there for production? I don't see what the point of having it there is.