Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
street scene splitter install

so i got my street scene splitter in today. i'm gonna spray it with bed liner and then have someone install it for me. anyone have tips for the install?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
make sure it fits prior to spraying anything. then if possible two people to put it in place at one time.. its easier that way.. also go buy some bigger screws for the middle part. I got three and just drilled them into the bumper and splitter.. and I used the provided ones for the sides.. its held up pretty good... Also, you can use clear or black silicon to go over the top.. because you are using tape, water will be able to sit there. I used black silicone for plastic parts.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
so i got my street scene splitter in today. i'm gonna spray it with bed liner and then have someone install it for me. anyone have tips for the install?
Bed liner...? Um why

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Wuiquen

street scene is does not have a nice finish as Stillen does. most of them come with sanding marks from the vendor. so you have to spray them with some kinda paint or so.. Bed liner is really good or flexible bumper coating from duplicolor..
Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
BiG_TiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
make sure it fits prior to spraying anything. then if possible two people to put it in place at one time.. its easier that way.. also go buy some bigger screws for the middle part. I got three and just drilled them into the bumper and splitter.. and I used the provided ones for the sides.. its held up pretty good... Also, you can use clear or black silicon to go over the top.. because you are using tape, water will be able to sit there. I used black silicone for plastic parts.
alright will do, hopefully someone in my area installed one before..if not a shop is probably my best bet right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Bed liner...? Um why

looks and sounds like a good idea...and it seems to be workin out for this guy http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...cene+bed+liner
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Wuiquen

Well the install is easy man. you could do it yourself.. did you get the adhesion promoter from 3M?? I think street scene sent you some. use that or get some from 3M... it makes it stick harder to the bumper.. if you find urself a friend, its an easy DIY.. i did it on my own and it was still easy.. Im not expert in doing stuff but I have done everything to my car so far..
Old 07-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
alright will do, hopefully someone in my area installed one before..if not a shop is probably my best bet right?

looks and sounds like a good idea...and it seems to be workin out for this guy http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...cene+bed+liner
Not bad. I was thinking something linex lol. That however looks ok.

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
I installed mine myself as well. I put new tape & 15 small bolts to hold it on. Probably overkill, but I wasn't leaving anything to chance...

As for paint I used Plastidip for mine. It has been a couple months of daily driving & not one rock chip in it yet. Super easy to do & looks good!

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
Wuiquen

15 screws??? Woahhh. Thats a lot. I used 5 total.. and mine is solid.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
15 screws??? Woahhh. Thats a lot. I used 5 total.. and mine is solid.
Like I said... leaving nothing to chance... lol. I probably could have done with half that, but I wasn't doing it twice.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
i sprayed mine with duplicolor bedliner, turned out great.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
got mine painted SIM, but still waiting for installation.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
BiG_TiMe

Quote:
Well the install is easy man. you could do it yourself.. did you get the adhesion promoter from 3M?? I think street scene sent you some. use that or get some from 3M... it makes it stick harder to the bumper.. if you find urself a friend, its an easy DIY.. i did it on my own and it was still easy.. Im not expert in doing stuff but I have done everything to my car so far..
not sure? all i got was 3 sticks "3M 94 Primer", 4 screws and backings, and then a roll of 3M double sided tape.

i just test fitted it and it fit perfectly. i'll clean it up and spray it. and you said that the install was easy..do i need to remove the bumper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
i sprayed mine with duplicolor bedliner, turned out great.
yea i'm doing exactly what you did lol
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I installed mine and haven't had one problem. Make sure and use the primer for the 3M tape. The 3 attachment places in the middle. I drilled and and used a 1/4 bolt with big washers to hold it on. That way it will stay on at high speeds.Name:  IMAG1734.jpg
Views: 2608
Size:  189.2 KB