Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
jiffy_jeremy

Drives: 2011 Yukon XL, 10 SS, 03 Suburban
Took Delivery 5-28-09 IOM w/ CGM Stripes

So here is my story.

Put $500 deposit at dealer 7-15-08 Horne Chevrolet in Show Low, AZ 85901, Karen Bentley (sales Rep)

Ordered on October 18
2SS / RS IOM w/ CGM Stripes
Polished Wheels
Grey Interior (too much orange for me with the Orange Interior)

#3401 Was built on 4-15-09

Was on the rail and shipped to dealer on 5-16-09

Was at the Phoenix, AZ rail yard on 5-27-09

Arrived at the dealer on 5-28-09 and took delivery that night.

Arrived at the dealer with 23 miles on. They fixed the battery cable as soon as it arrived. Was able to get them to not put any stickers or the front license plate holder.

Paid Credit Union / Supplier price for the car, but did not recieve my pre-order pricing (I did get them to put in writing if the dealer open account gets credited they will refund me that amount). Had to pay $299 in dealer doc fees and the stupid VTR (vehicle theft registration), both suck but they were giving me supplier pricing so not going to bark at $500.

I drove the dealer employee to the gas station to fill her up and asked if he would put premium fuel in, and he said no problem. These guys were actually really great. No Trade-in so it was that much better.

The only problem I am having is my gauge's. If you don't wait until they completely reset after starting, they don't zero out and when stopped the Spedo shows 20Mph and the tach shows 1k rpm. Also if you are unfortunate to kill the engine when trying to drive a manual after 15 years.... ... it does not zero out correctly. The needles tend to move in jumpy motions, not smooth. So going to take it to the dealer and let them take a look.

A big thank you to everyone on this forum. This is one awesome car and it has been a great ride! I don't think I would have made it to the end without everyone's help.

Thanks... Wade

(sorry about the picture quality, let me know if you want more or better pics)
Attached Images

jiffy_jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
It's not that we want BETTER pictures...it's that we want MORE pictures

Sorry to hear about the gauges...I wonder if this has happened to anybody else. It's the first I've heard of it!