Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: At what price do you say no to the Z/28
over $52,000 84 35.90%
over $60,500 74 31.62%
over $68,000 43 18.38%
over $76,000 22 9.40%
over $84,000 5 2.14%
over $92,000 6 2.56%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
At what price do you say no way? Z/28

So i got this bug and wanted to see what some of use think, this will be for the MSRP only price, vote on where you say no they can keep the car
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Either 76,000 or 84,000 bucks, better lap the mustang for that money!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Seeing how the C7 Z51 is under 54k, I do not think I could justify the Z/28 at much more than 60k

But this is my personal opinion
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I said over 68K, but I'm more inclined to the 64,995 point. That's my fold point. And that's stretching it for me personally. I'd be pleased as punch and tickled pink if it comes in at 60K or so,.........but who knows.....
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
you say no to the z/28 but you say hi C7
Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Mkur

Drives: LS3 429ci vette, camaro zl1, '77BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
So i got this bug and wanted to see what some of use think, this will be for the MSRP only price, vote on where you say no they can keep the car

I would pay only 5k more than what I did for a ZL1 and that is solely due to the updated visage
Mkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
AutoBot Racing
V8

Drives: ss
I'm waiting on the numbers released on the performance of the Z28. If the 2014 Z/28 competes at or near the ZR1 vette than the price will reflect the performance.

Last edited by AutoBot Racing; 05-09-2013 at 01:19 AM.
AutoBot Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #8
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
It will beat the ZL1 at the track
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #9
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
mid 60's but i honestly couldnt justify the bare bones of the interior it just doesnt work i think there should be a track version and then a non track version with all the bells and whistles then i would be interested
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I voted over 68K bc there was no over 65K option.

If I was in the market and financially well off enough to be able to afford a new car as a toy/tracker/weekend warrior/cruiser, that would be limit. I voted this way because personally, I don't care how fast it is around the track or how many cars it would destroy on the twisties. At that 65K ish price range, I would rather spend my money on a nicely optioned Corvette than a Camaro. That will come of as a dig against the Camaro, but thats not how I meant it. I am just saying for my 65 grand I would rather have a Corvette than a balls out track camaro.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If it does turn out to be a great track car, the car of choice for racing, etc., then it will be a bargain at over 92K....Out of the box, no mods needed, ready to go and dominate, warrantied and new....You'd be hard pressed to mod your own car for that amount of money and still be successful...

I'm out now at any price, but if it performs to all the hype, and I wanted to track/race, was shopping for a winner, it would be worth whatever they cost...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
The car will not be a bargain at 92K or over. That would be inflated. And, if it's anywhere in the ZR1 price range..., then it will be limited in production for sure because you will find very few willing to spend that kind of money on a Camaro. Corvette is another matter, and then you would expect those with the buying means to trade up to the C7. Price does matter here alot, because of the choices available. Model loyalty will have only so much to factor in. This, like the ZL1, will be a upscale toy for most. Probably the same percentage will be raced between the two. I am sure the same value factor that we have seen with the ZL1 will be appreciated with the Z-28, as it will likely outperform those in it's class costing far more. So, in that sense..., it's worth more than it's price, but..it's still a Camaro at the end of the day, and theres addition through subtraction incorporated into it. The big trick pony here are the DSSV dampers. Helical cut rear axle gears is the other, so what's the engineering and development costs for those...otherwise nothing really grounbreaking or new in involved. Carbon ceramic brakes have been used on the 'Vette already...so has the LS7...basically off the shelf program available parts. R&D with a group of dedicated engineers to put all the ingrediants together and make it work seemlessly is the other price factored in. I just don't see this Mouse that roared bringing in a King's ransome. Look at all Chevy went through to bring in a more complicated project like the ZL1 and what it MSRP's for as a comparison. Theres stuff already done through the ZL1 and 1LE development that is carrying over into the Z-28. It's an amalgomation of those two plus a dose of new technology.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
The car will not be a bargain at 92K or over. That would be inflated. And, if it's anywhere in the ZR1 price range..., then it will be limited in production for sure because you will find very few willing to spend that kind of money on a Camaro. Corvette is another matter, and then you would expect those with the buying means to trade up to the C7. Price does matter here alot, because of the choices available. Model loyalty will have only so much to factor in. This, like the ZL1, will be a upscale toy for most. Probably the same percentage will be raced between the two. I am sure the same value factor that we have seen with the ZL1 will be appreciated with the Z-28, as it will likely outperform those in it's class costing far more. So, in that sense..., it's worth more than it's price, but..it's still a Camaro at the end of the day, and theres addition through subtraction incorporated into it. The big trick pony here are the DSSV dampers. Helical cut rear axle gears is the other, so what's the engineering and development costs for those...otherwise nothing really grounbreaking or new in involved. Carbon ceramic brakes have been used on the 'Vette already...so has the LS7...basically off the shelf program available parts. R&D with a group of dedicated engineers to put all the ingrediants together and make it work seemlessly is the other price factored in. I just don't see this Mouse that roared bringing in a King's ransome. Look at all Chevy went through to bring in a more complicated project like the ZL1 and what it MSRP's for as a comparison. Theres stuff already done through the ZL1 and 1LE development that is carrying over into the Z-28. It's an amalgomation of those two plus a dose of new technology.
I hear ya...all good points...hopefully components will be reasonably priced...But I think what's yet to be determined is how many of these will be built that will absorb the development and other costs in each unit (if that's even how they do it)....

I can see the influence the Corvette may have as far as buyers for now, but as this Z/28 is imo gonna be a short-lived, one shot deal, I really don't think what you can get with a Corvette will be much of a limiting factor for price on this as one may think...The Corvettes are not as much a "purpose-built" or as unique as the Z/28, and Corvette's are an entrenched, on-going line of cars that will always be available for the foreseeable future....

Just sayin' I doubt the Z/28 will be around long enough to worry about how it's price compares to the Corvette...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I think what he meant was not so much directed at the Z/28 purists, but an outside buyer who has the expendable income. They might look at the Z/28 then see they can get a corvette nicely equipped for less. I think that is where he was coming from.

This statement will probably piss of some of the people here, but I think he was trying to find a nice way to say "its still just a camaro and some people will have a hard time spending that much on a camaro but would rather spend it on a Corvette " haha. That's what group I would be in. At a certain price point I would rather get into a Corvette
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote