Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #85
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! Man I cant wait to get back to the states and start building up a pedderized camaro. Yall are awsome! Hell I may do a little work to the wifes G8 GT...nothing major just firm it up a little.
Buddy, we can take care of the G8 as well. We can give moma a suspension that will be able to chase yours pretty good!. We can make the Camaro, however, outhandle the G8 due to the extra energy we have put into the Camaro. We were unsure at one point. That is why we worked sooooooo hard on 5th gen!

Be safe and come home soon!!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #86
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Buddy, we can take care of the G8 as well. We can give moma a suspension that will be able to chase yours pretty good!. We can make the Camaro, however, outhandle the G8 due to the extra energy we have put into the Camaro. We were unsure at one point. That is why we worked sooooooo hard on 5th gen!

Be safe and come home soon!!

mike
dms
Sounds good to me! I will contact yall when I get back and we will start the process Keep up the good work!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #87
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
We have not discussed wheel hop much, but do know it exists on some of the Camaros. Wheel hop is a function of a frequency. To reduce or eliminate the frequency, looseness and damping must be reduced/increased. The 2 primary bushing concerns are:
Rear Cradle
EP1200 Zeta II Rear Extreme Sub-Frame Connector Kit $248.43 for vehicles under say 450HP at the rear
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT $449.03 For vehicles over 450hp or vehicles with drag radials

Rear Differential Mount bushings
EP1167 Zeta Rear Differential Bush Kit $108.36 For vehicles with under 450hp at rear
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $138.36 For vehicles with over 450hp at the rear or Drag radials

This would be the first step I would do.
Here is our 1st level Drag Package. Also includes are extended alignment kits front and rear.:

PEDDERS CAMARO BASIC DRAG BUSHING PACKAGE
Merlin Store P/N is CAMAROBASICDRAG
10/5/09 The Zeta II CAMARO Platform Is an excellent beginning suspension package that can be greatly improved with the magic that Pedders has to offer. Wheel hop is an issue for the G8. There will be 3 levels of Pedders Drag Packages to meet the needs of the occassional user to the hard core user. This is Level 1, our basic package

Part # Pedders Component
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT
EP6578 CAMARO Front Radius Rod STIFFENING SNUBBERS (new)
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS

Mike
dms
I am "hopefully" planning on getting the EP1201's and adding the EP1167HD. I have been reading about the trailing arms - do you think I should add these? Are the trailing arms worth it??

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #88
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
I am "hopefully" planning on getting the EP1201's and adding the EP1167HD. I have been reading about the trailing arms - do you think I should add these? Are the trailing arms worth it??
Replacing the trailing arm bushings yes.. Replacing the trailing arms themselves, not. The issue is with bushing control and not the strength of the arm itself. Now one of our drag race oriented Pedders dealer who is running hp on a G8 tried some rear trailing arm, and had issues with noises running hard street and canyon runs.

mike
dms
Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #89
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Replacing the trailing arm bushings yes.. Replacing the trailing arms themselves, not. The issue is with bushing control and not the strength of the arm itself. Now one of our drag race oriented Pedders dealer who is running hp on a G8 tried some rear trailing arm, and had issues with noises running hard street and canyon runs.

mike
dms
Sounds good - thanks for saving me some money there. I can't wait to get the rest of the Pedder's stuff installed. LPE did the Xa's but I still have to get the front radius rod bushings, sub frame bushes, differential bushes and alignment kit in there. Thanks for helping me out

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #90
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I don't find the Pedder's site very user friendly. I know Pedder's stuff is second to none. I don't want to do a evaluation survey. I want to see the packages or the induvial parts, what the recomended use is, what the package includes and how much.

Last edited by Merc; 10-11-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #91
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I don't find the Pedder's site very user friendly. I know Pedder's stuff is second to none. I don't want to do a evaluation survey. I want to see the packages or the induvial parts, what the recomended use is, what the package includes and how much.
the Pedders site has a serious amount of information; more than any other suspension manufacturer out there.

With that said, is is the link to the Camaro systems:

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...AMARO+PACKAGES

Now after you have looked at them, you may be alittle confused as to which one. That is where I can assist you. Just contact me.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 10-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #92
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I don't know why you guy's are pushing so hard when half the parts have not even been produced yet? And then they have to be literally shipped to the US. Just another hurry up and wait. And wait. For who knows how long, and then who will get their shit before you.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #93
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
I don't know why you guy's are pushing so hard when half the parts have not even been produced yet? And then they have to be literally shipped to the US. Just another hurry up and wait. And wait. For who knows how long, and then who will get their shit before you.
I think we have done more R&D than all other suspensions manufactures combined. We have been fanatics on our development and have made multiple changes, and multiple levels. I.E. 3 different options for front radius rod bushings, 2 options for rear diff bushings, 2 options for rear cradle mount bushings, and 3 options for sway bars.

We recieved our Pedders Camaro later than we thought. Others may not know, but there was a running change in one of the bushings.

We thought it was important to document what we were doing. Granted, it is a real pain not having this stuff in the states. But we should be in very good shape very soon We just completed last weekend our ultimate tests with great success. However, I cannot discuss it until the magazines publish their articles. Pete may be able to put some info together this week for posting.

Thanks
mike
dms
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #94
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Can ANYONE, anyone give me an answer on when the radius rod BUSHINGS and HD differential bushings will be in this country? And second, when they are, where am I positioned to get them?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #95
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

How many street extreme kits where sold here? Complete?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #96
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
Can ANYONE, anyone give me an answer on when the radius rod BUSHINGS and HD differential bushings will be in this country? And second, when they are, where am I positioned to get them?

We should have product the middle of next month or so. You will have to go thru your Pedders dealer to find that info out. Probably too soon to find this info out anyways,

have a good day!

mike
dms
Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #97
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I think it's great they've been up front thru the whole process of R&D... Look at Mike's join date, Aug. 07. I've been following their progress since last year myself. I wouldn't say they're pushing, they're keeping us informed.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #98
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Too funny. Rhetoric.