Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
butterfingers

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT/RS
Exclamation An introduction to Lone Star Camaro ...

Lone Star Camaro, a club for DFW and beyond …

Here at Lone Star Camaro want to reach out to all who have, like, going to own a Camaro in the DFW area and beyond, to extend an invitation to come join a group of fellow Camaro enthusiasts over at www.lonestarcamaro.com

Even though our group focus is on the North Texas area, we welcome all from the outer edges and beyond. Where Camaro’s are concerned, there are no boundaries. Whether you have a 1968 or a 2010, old, young, guys, gals, come join and meet others with the same passion and drive.

We will have meets and gatherings, runs, charity events, BBQ's, mods, trophy events and lots more that will really make Lone Star Camaro a club like no other.

A little History:

Camaro5 is one of the greatest forum sites out there for everything 5th Gen Camaro.
If not for the members of Camaro5 and passion of the owners and enthusiasts, our club would not be what it is today. While Camaro5 is a great place to learn and talk about the 5th Gen Camaro, we wanted to create a local club dedicated to all Camaros and have local events and meets, thus Lone Star Camaro was born.

Founded in 2009, a couple of people who had pre-ordered the much anticipated return of one of Americas beloved muscle cars, the 2010 CAMARO, got together and thought that it might be a good idea to formally organize a club to bring together all who love and enjoy the Camaro as much as we do. Since owners of all other Camaros years shared the same passion and drive for performance and mods this quickly found their way into the club. This is why there are no boundaries when it comes to the year and where our members come from. So whether you enjoy racing, car shows, working on you vehicle or just enjoying friends, the LSC Club is the place to be.

Besides our vehicles, the LSC Club is a non-profit organization to support and encourage giving to charitable organizations while providing an outlet for Camaro enthusiasts to organize and associate with other Camaro enthusiasts in an effort to share knowledge of and preserve the history of the Camaro motor vehicle.

As a Camaro enthusiast, you are welcome to come see what we are all about. Our meetings are held on the 2nd Sunday of every month at 1pm. All meetings/locations are listed on the club's event calendar.

Here are some of the questions we get asked …

Do you have to have a Camaro to join?
Nope .… as long as you have the interests and passion for the Camaro, all are welcome

How often do you meet?
At least twice a month ... The 1st Saturday of each month at Cars and Coffee in Plano, and the 2nd Sunday of each month for our club meet. On some occasions like the month of May, we have 3 meets.

Why are there membership dues?
We wanted to stand apart from other clubs and not just meet to stand around looking at each other’s cars and then eating at the local pub and grub. For some clubs, that enough, but here at Lone Star Camaro, we wanted something a little more special. Each paid member, receive a personalized membership badge with lanyards, club sticker, and special discounts with each and every club sponsor, vendor and club events that you can not get anywhere else. Our club also makes purchases such as banners, shirts, food, supplies, etc …

How much are the dues?
$20 for a year

What if I want to come to LSC events but not want to pay dues?
Sure … all are welcome to all our events. Again, the benefits of having a LSC membership are for discounts on products and services through our events and with our club sponsors and vendors.

Do I have to be a paid member to register and join the LSC forum?
Nope … as always, all are welcome

We want to hear from you … so please contact us with any comments or questions.

We here at Lone Star Camaro would like to give a special thanks to Camaro5 for supporting the rebirth of the only american muscle car worthy of the following Camaro5 has created.

Sincerely,
Alan Pedini
President & Founder
Lone Star Camaro

butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool
Old 05-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
co1faethor

Drives: 2LT IOM
Nice post Alan. I'm proud to be a member of the Lone Star Camaro club. My wife and I have made some good friends with the club and seen some awesome camaros. Each meet gets bigger and better and alot more fun. My favorite part is meeting all of the people that have the same passion that my wife and I have for the camaro. The camaro is nice but the people make it special. Can't wait for the next meet.
co1faethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
butterfingers

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by co1faethor View Post
Nice post Alan. I'm proud to be a member of the Lone Star Camaro club. My wife and I have made some good friends with the club and seen some awesome camaros. Each meet gets bigger and better and alot more fun. My favorite part is meeting all of the people that have the same passion that my wife and I have for the camaro. The camaro is nice but the people make it special. Can't wait for the next meet.
Thank you for those kind words ... that was one of the end results we wanted from this club. Thank you and look forward to our next meet on Sat the 22nd for our WinStar event.
butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
nice.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote