Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #85
ssz28envy
Banned

Drives: 1988 IROC-Z
I don't see the big deal. I would absolutely love to have a new camaro but in no way can I afford it. Renting the ss will let me live the dream for a day or so. I'm all for it. But none available in Indy...
ssz28envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #86
grngryoutmyway

Drives: 92 RS
I'm sure they have several cars on order, especially since it is featured on their site already. Don't get me wrong if I had one on order I would be envious of everyone that got one before me.. well I am anyways even though I don't. But Avis is a customer just like everyone else, they had to order cars just like everyone else, they have apparently received at least one if not a few. Several members here have already received their cars as well. Not sure what the big deal is. It's not like they called GM directly last week and they shipped them direct. No doubt the rental company has been waiting for the vehicle just as long as everyone else. If anyone is to be pointed blame (and I'm not saying their is any reason to) it would be the dealer that delivered it, assuming that there is some sort of favoritism being given (though no one knows there was).

I personally work in the automotive after market industry, and if that sale helped keep one more Chevy dealership afloat I could really care less who it went to. No doubt the car dealerships are trying to do whatever they can to keep alive. We have lost several large dealers here lately, and I have several personal friends as well as hundreds of other people out of work because of it. Don't worry though, I have several friends that worked at Ford dealerships that have been laid off too

On a side note if anyone figures out where it is renting out of let me know!
grngryoutmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #87
Camaro QT
Camaro Donna

Drives: 2007 HHR
Budget in Birmingham Michigan has a Silver SS Auto $190.00 a day
Expecting to get 3 more, also at the Detroit Airport Location
The Avis Budget Group
Camaro QT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #88
Sanctus
Future Camaro Owner :)

Drives: Chrysler 300M Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro QT View Post
Budget in Birmingham Michigan has a Silver SS Auto $190.00 a day
Expecting to get 3 more, also at the Detroit Airport Location
The Avis Budget Group

thanks for the info
Old 05-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #89
delius
David Hayter

Drives: F-body
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
okay okay okay.
for alll of you complaining about Avis getting theirs first...
how do you know that they didnt order before you did?
they could have already had a contract with GM saying that they will get X number of camaros before X date. and if that was signed before 10/13, then they order before any of use had a chance
Or, what if they ordered 10/13, at 8:00 a.m.?

just thought id throw that out there
Yeah...but per car...GM loses money...Think about it

Ok...While i know that I am going to have some people reply and state that its a "Test Car" for potential camaro buyers...this logic is flawed....because

First...The 2010 Camaro orders are done....most dealers if not all have all allocation sold and anyone getting anxious is going to have to wait until late 2009 or early 2010 to order a 2011 model...SO...GM gave renters a car that is going to sample a 2010 camaro and not the next model year...and congress is being a big meanie and i can't see performance cars being around much longer...even the stang...So if you decided you want to buy a camaro right now...you have to wait until next model year (Unless you are grandma who walks into your dealer and ninja buy a showroom car...cheater)

Second...GM would have made MUCH more money if they had given the allocations to sold-out dealers instead of AVIS or any other rental company

Third...Priorities?...Yes i know that GM is a business...and business doesn't always make us happy...but damn...I have been waiting forever...and I know that AVIS is not going to even do half of the advertising that WE the loyal customers would do by taking it local shows, talking about it, modding it, driving it daily. AVIS has not even advertised anything about the camaro...yet again WE the loyal customer...post pictures and videos the minute we return from the dealer with our delivered car and would rant and rave all day long if we could. And yet...GM has put me last on the list to recieve mine...and I KNOW that AVIS did not pay MSRP for thier cars.

If you want to test drive a camaro...go to a dealer...its free

(But I am still going to AVIS to rent one...LOL)

I want my camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOW!!! /turn yellow
delius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #90
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
couldn't find one here in raleigh, but miami international airport has one. It looks like it is booked up for the next couple of weeks. I had to go one month in advance just to get a reservation on one. it is 159 bucks a day before all the BS tax and surcharges. So you are looking at 200 bucks before adding insurance..
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #91
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
savannah,ga airport avis has a total of 5 1lt camaro's on site, i should say they had 5.
2 sim and 3 vr cars but 2 of the vr and 1 sim are still awaiting prep and tags. a lady rented the available sim and i rented the vr for the weekend. plan on maybe going to the fbody gathering in atlanta this weekend.

p.s.. they wanted 120.00 a day but i got a nice deal
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #92
vet02

Drives: Corvette, CTS, Bug, 52 Chevy
I just returned from Atlanta this afternoon. For at least the last three weeks, they had around ten Camaros for rent. I saw one silver SS this morning the rest were V6. Colors I saw were yellow, silver and the orange (inferno?). I also couldnt find anything on their website but was told to request one the next time I arrive. I'm planning to rent one this Saturday, hopefully the SS.
vet02 is offline   Reply With Quote