Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
autobotaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro LS
BFXENON HID INSTALL FAIL!!

Got the BFXENON HID upgrade in the mail today. Eagerly went to work when I got home. After trying to figure out the best place to mount the ballasts with Nick@BFXENON's help I started mounting the wiring. I had to put on a new positive lead ring terminal as the one that comes on the wire is to small. I also chose to route the ground wires to the post on the right side of the engine compartment where you are supposed to put the negative connector of a jumper cable. I did not want to drill or screw anything. All was going well until I installed the bulbs. They don't fit tight. The locking rings do not tighten like the oem bulbs or the Oracle HOD bulbs I had installed. They seat properly and turn but are not tight.

Needless to say after hours of work I took everything out until I talk to Nick @ BFXENON. I am not bashing him or their product but I am really dissapointed. I put my ORACLE HOD bulbs back in and they fit nice and tight. I will post more when I hear from Nick as I called and PM'd him.

UPDATE..... I spoke with Nick and we got it sorted out. Looks like the orange rubber seal sits slightly lower on the HID bulbs which is why it would not tighten. I cut an extra seal in half and placed that under the existing seal and everything tightened up nicely. Thanks to Nick for his help.

Last edited by autobotaz; 09-25-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Chuck, it was a pleasure speaking with you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or follow up with the lights.

Closed Thread