Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #309
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Does anyone really expect anything to change at this point? Sad to say but I don't. There is a reason that they are bankrupt.

Proud 6 month member of the 1100 club.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #310
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Does anyone really expect anything to change at this point? Sad to say but I don't. There is a reason that they are bankrupt.

Proud 6 month member of the 1100 club.
Ya never know, maybe we will get lucky!!

-bobby
Old 05-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #311
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Just from the pre-order BS, I know a FEW people that have jumped ship(I tried to talk them out of it) and bought other cars. Sure, none of us would do that and I certainly wont, but we arent the general public that GM is trying to sell to. So yeah, you may be gettin a V6 on a dealers lot but since the dealers are selling them and a few people are getting a camaro before people that have been loyal to GM, your losing 2 or 3 sales becase of it. And you cant figure out how to build consumer confidence????
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #312
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
A higher number of the general public would exposed to the new Camaro by seeing them in the hands of owners and being driven on the road. Imagine the effect of all these Camaro ambassadors proudly answering questions about the car from their friends, neighbors and curious onlookers in the supermarket parking lot. Not only would it be free advertising, but GM would get paid by the owners of the cars. What a novel idea...
You are preaching to the choir my friend. If it is logical and makes sense....GM marketing will NOT do it.

Last edited by DkknightX; 05-03-2009 at 06:07 AM.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:53 AM   #313
LT1Jeep
Ecstatic Camaro SS Owner

Drives: Jeep(s) [1in pieces] and 2010 SS/RS
what im really pissed about is that you can go to Avis and f'n RENT a 2010 camaro and here i am waiting since OCTOBER to give them $33,000 so /i can have one of my own!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #314
GRM RPR

Drives: 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
That's a tough one. Think of it like this.......imagine if you were just now thinking of getting a Camaro a car that never crossed your mind. You aren't one of the 14,000 pre orders who've known all about it for years and been clamoring for one. But you don't know much about it. So you go to a dealer and ask if you can test drive one. "no sorry, I've got these pre order cars you can look at and sit in before I remove the plastic from the seats". Gotta have something in the dealerships to go along with the sold cars.

I know that doesn't help anyone waiting for their car, but GM has to sell a whole lot more, like 4 or 5 times more than the pre orders for the car to be a hit.
So how does it help GM when dealers are auctioning off their "1 V-6 demo" to the highest bidder? (respectfully) This leads me to believe the dealers will continue to get more cars from GM that are not R6Ps. So if I may be so bold to inquire...what ballpark percentage of Camaro's produced monthly are going to go to R6Ps?

2010 Camaro 2SS
Cyber Gray Metallic/Black Interior
VIN: 2G1FT1EW0A9109465

Purchased on 27 May 2009
Sales: Allyson Bailey , Ayers Chevrolet in Dover, NJ

R6P folks have waited for long enough GM!!! Build early orders before any new dealer orders regardless of allocation. Stop treating your most loyal customers so unfairly!!!
GRM RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #315
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Some posted this link to an article about Oshawa and one line caught my eye.

"GM says the back-order for the new Camaro is up to 19,000, and there are reports that the waiting time for delivery, depending on the region and model, runs to at least three months."

How much you want to bet that, just like dealer production guide numbers are based on mustang registrations, that our car deliveries are based on the same thing? I think that is why there's no pattern to car deliveries and that some folk's built cars are sitting in some lot somewhere - GM is building and shipping cars to areas with heavy mustang populations first.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 AM   #316
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Now that CTF cars, rental cars and dealer cars have been built, who thinks GM should only be building only R6P (early order activity) cars during the month of May?

Frankly I can't see any reason for this not to happen. If someone puts in an order at the dealerships, they can wait until July.
Amen Brother! Take this card, collect $200.00 and feel free to use it without discrimination.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #317
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That's why I ask that everyone take the time to write a comment in the following GM blog:

In the meantime, I will be compiling a bunch of email addresses of "Letter to the Editor" columns from large newspapers across the country. I will post tomorrow and encourage all Camaro buyers to post in one of them near you.

To the hundreds of Camaro buyers who read our posts but are not members here, please do the same. We want your voice to be heard as well.
Thanks and please hurry before the thread gets closed like it did when SandiCandi started her "Open Letter to GM"

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #318
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Thanks and please hurry before the thread gets closed like it did when SandiCandi started her "Open Letter to GM"
This is a bit different - this is a thread that concerns thousands of actual GM customers as apposed to one persons grief. Further, everyone is being very civil here which is a testament to the members of Camaro5!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #319
02b4c

Drives: 63 splt wnd 55 chev 08 1500
Can not find a post from Fbod on this topic. (R6P delays) Been away a few days. Thks
02b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #320
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02b4c View Post
Can not find a post from Fbod on this topic. (R6P delays) Been away a few days. Thks
I really don't want Scott to post anything on this topic. He had nothing to do with this decision and frankly, he puts way too much of the communication responsibility between GM and customers on his shoulders. We need to be hearing from the guys who had input in this decision - John Fitzpatrick and John Santilli.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #321
02b4c

Drives: 63 splt wnd 55 chev 08 1500
Thanks.I agree,Not his problem.He keeps us well informed ,maybe more than he should,but we like it.Plus we are KEEPING THE FAITH R6P orders hang on for a little longer, our day will come.
02b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #322
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
I think they should do that too. Cause i have already been waiting for over 6 months for any kinda word that my car has any breath in it. So pleace produce the PreOrders. PLEASE

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote