Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #197
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
This week for a look at the cam only, next week for everything.Stay tuned though, I'm sure there will be a few updates.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #198
Yellow_Glide

First day of the cam only install and no phone calls / email / PM saying "umm, we have a problem..."

Being the optimist, I'll take that as a good sign....

Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #199
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'm hoping pictures begin to pop up soon.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #200
Jarp

Drives: Commodore SV6
Keeping a close eye on this thread as mine go in on Thursday this week too. Hopefully it will wake these engines up a little more. The fella who was 1st to fit here in Oz says that it nearly feels like boost coming on from about 4k upwards. This coming from a bloke that also drives a twin scrolled 6.2ltr VE Commodore is a comment definitely worth taking notice of. Hope all goes well for your install Yellow_Glide.

Last edited by Jarp; 08-21-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Jarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #201
Tommo_27

Drives: VE Commodore SV6
Your on here as well Jarp
I'm hoping mine will be going in next week. They are sitting in the spare room and waiting patiently... I'm not.

Probs should introduce myself to the camaro forum. I'm from Melbourne and have a VE Commodore but with the older alloytec (LY7 I think) engine. Uses the same cams from mace. Been following these threads for a little bit now and keen to see some more results. When mine are in will share what I think.
Tommo_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #202
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide View Post
First day of the cam only install and no phone calls / email / PM saying "umm, we have a problem..."

Being the optimist, I'll take that as a good sign....
don't know how you stand it having the car be that far away and not being able to see whats going on
Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #203
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
numbers are up!

jk I wish.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #204
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Can't believe I just found this thread so late in the game. Looking forward to the progress report!

SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / Magnaflow Resonated X pipe / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

SGTMiller278CAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #205
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarp View Post
Keeping a close eye on this thread as mine go in on Thursday this week too. Hopefully it will wake these engines up a little more. The fella who was 1st to fit here in Oz says that it nearly feels like boost coming on from about 4k upwards. This coming from a bloke that also drives a twin scrolled 6.2ltr VE Commodore is a comment definitely worth taking notice of. Hope all goes well for your install Yellow_Glide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo_27 View Post
I'm hoping mine will be going in next week. They are sitting in the spare room and waiting patiently... I'm not.

Probs should introduce myself to the camaro forum. I'm from Melbourne and have a VE Commodore but with the older alloytec (LY7 I think) engine. Uses the same cams from mace. Been following these threads for a little bit now and keen to see some more results. When mine are in will share what I think.
Very cool to have you guys here as well. The more the merrier! Just curious, but what kind of power is the VE Commodore good for stock? Is that the engine thats 260 - 270 HP stock?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #206
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo_27 View Post

welcome to camaro5 so while we are waiting for the install do you or Jarp have any pics of your Commodores?
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #207
Yellow_Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
don't know how you stand it having the car be that far away and not being able to see whats going on
Probably a good thing I'm not closer: would get fired from work for coming in late, leaving early, long lunches.... Then would get thrown out of Tracy's for getting in the way. Lol

Excitement is at an all time high, but been though this before so I know what I'm up against

Old 08-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #208
Yellow_Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarp View Post
Thanks. Did your friend do just cams? Would be interesting to get his thoughts / driving impressions. I wonder if both his and these are the same spees.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #209
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Def going to have to see your car once cams are in. Are you going to Camaro Nationals at the end of Oct. Yellow Glide?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #210
Yellow_Glide

Baylor- planning on it. Not sure if I'll embarrass myself making a pass down the track just yet - I'm sure I'll have to learn to drive all over again. Depending on how the car handles, may have Tracy do some LCA / bushings while there.