Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #43
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbauer View Post
I wonder if I am the only one who doesn't have a problem with this "parachute" effect? I used the tonneau cover once and it was such a pain that I put it back in the bag and threw it on the top shelf in the garage, haven't moved it since. The top is so heavy I can't imagine enough air getting underneath of it to inflate it. And I had the car up to 135 mph when I drove it home from Rodgers Chevrolet. Never have had an issue with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbauer View Post
I should have been more clear - no wind flapping at all for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
I myself have only noticed minimal movement of the top. I HATE that stupid cover! I used it when I first bought the car but after about 15 minutes on the highway at 70mph and it pops up and starts flailing about. That piece of crap is in it's bag in my room.
I drive at 70mph on the highway with the windscreen and windows up. I get better mileage this way and my top does not flap. The tonneau is a poor afterthought to a car that was originally designed as a convertible. My friends and I are laughing when it comes to the tonneau.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #44
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
CC madonna. maybe you lift weights and are big and strong woman! lol
angrybird you dont like the wind restrictors? i am thinking of getting one

i think the toneau is cumversome to put on. i use mine, but doing it alone takes me a couple minutes to put on. i put a towel on the top of the vert top before i put the tonneau on to avoid any rubbing
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #45
Kreamsicle FreightTrain

Drives: 2012 2ss convt m6
Hello all sun lovers!

Tonneau is a bit cumbersome but I wouldn't have it any other way. Takes a few seconds to put on and remove but the look is soooooooo much better with it in place. I will not drive without it. It removes the anxiety of the flapping top. I does remove a little of spontaneity but its highly worth it. I personally think it is well designed. In a perfect place , I would want an automatic tonneau cover. Otherwise I think its a small trade off. The smiles this car puts on my face and others is priceless. My best car ever! Top down now and will stay that way unless rain or snow!
Attached Images

Kreamsicle FreightTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #46
brwk

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible - sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwk View Post
Has anyone ever ruined their top by not using the cover?
Ok how about this question...has anyone ever heard of anyone ruining their top by not using the cover?
brwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #47
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwk View Post
Ok how about this question...has anyone ever heard of anyone ruining their top by not using the cover?
No. There have, however, been some discussions about this before. Concern has been expressed about what the "parachuting" effect of the front of the top cloth has without the tonneau cover in place of possibly stretching and / or even tearing the fabric over time.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #48
Keith.M

Drives: '11 2SS/RS Vert, w/Hurst shifter
The only problem with using the tonneau cover is the fact you need to empty the trunk to store it when you put the top back up. I know the trunk does not hold very much anyway, but it's all got to come out in order to get the cover to lay on the trunk's bottom. The latest version has some additional strings and straps that secure the top when it's retracted. I'm hoping my replacement in a few weeks has these newer features...
Keith.M is offline   Reply With Quote