Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #323
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
It looks perfect!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:02 AM   #324
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well, it was said that you wouldn't be able to tell which one drove past you. But thats quite different from sitting side by side.
There was a red one in the studio the other day and I couldn't tell. I swore it was the red concept car from Los Angeles even after looking at it for a few minutes. You've got to look for the mirrors or the gas cap or the reverse lights to be sure. They definitely make the same impression in person.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #325
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Given Scott's pleasure at reading our impressions of the car...I'd say this is very close to what we will see in Chevrolet showrooms.
Like I said............This IS the final version...... of ONE model.......READ BETWEEN THE LINES........
Old 06-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #326
Cyberstyx

Drives: Seat Leon 1.8 20VT
Send a message via MSN to Cyberstyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well -- of course we want to see all of you at Indy in September.........

Meanwhile:

Do not assume that the white car or the black/white cars were 'models' -- meaning that perhaps they were a 'hybrid' of a V6 and A V8 car --

(golly -- am I making you crazy yet? )

I can say this:

The V6 will look somewhat different from the V8 -- the problem is that you aren't really sure what you've seen at this point in time..........

But let me ask you this: Are you happy with the Silver coupe or the black convertible? What do you like? What don't you like? (that's a rhetorical question....)

We talked with the "12 disciples of which there are 15" at length about the car -- and they felt that it was important to keep the V6 and V8 appearances apart.........and I think you'll find that this is the case once you see the model lineup.

If you have not yet signed up on www.chevrolet.com/camaro -- may I suggest you do so -- as we'll send you an email when we put the info. out there....

You can anticipate getting a lot of info the last few days of July ..... (engines- -- packages -- options - colors -- )

Again -- THANK YOU for the kind words about the silver car -- we're just as 'geeked' as you are........
Didn't have much time during the past days to read this thread thoroughly.

I think that the silver Camaro we see here is brilliant. Although at first I agreed with a comment that the picture angles could hide a bit the true width and rear bump-iness of the car, upon closer (and closer) look and in comparison with that old Mercedes, it does look amazing. Excellent stuff idd.

I 'd rather get the coupe than the vert. It feels more "sporty" to me. And Silver color is the safest bet, although I would like to check out most colors with stripe combos. Also the rims look a lot better/bigger than the Mercedes', but they don't look big enough for the car, at least for me and judging by the pic (personnal taste ofc)

As for likes/dislikes, I would just prefer the biggest exhaust tips of the concept. They look awesome, where as the ones shown here seem more of a "factory version". Maybe they could be part of a bigger version of the Camaro, since there will be small differences between V6s and V8s like previously said.

One last thing regarding the email signup from http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/ ... I rly don't understand why the signup form is supposed to be for US only and not for the rest of the world. This "requirement" for State and ZIP Code is rly weird, especially when we talk about an email notification. Surely there should be no prob for me getting an email regarding Camaro news. Please fix it so that it makes sense for the rest of the world too, State should apply only for US region.

Last edited by Cyberstyx; 06-25-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Some weird typos due to sleeping on the keyboard lol
Cyberstyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #327
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
there shouldn't be a vast difference in looks between the v6 and v8...perhaps a few minor details to set them apart...

you don't want those who buy the v6 to feel like they have a gimped version

perhaps the v6 could go without the hood scoop

boy do i wish the rear of the production looks more like the concept...its just missing something on the rear I can't put my finger on it...

front looks great and on the convertible I like it as well but i don't know if the lower lip grille is better smaller or how it was on the vert

gauranteed there will be a v8 convertible in my driveway
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #328
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Have we seen one car with no hood scoop? I can't remember

I agree with Chevydude, I think the V6 and V8 won't look radically different in base form. What do we know? The Silver car and the Black Vert look like they are both SSs. "Our father" (praise be to his participation on the forums) seems to imply that that the white car is a V6 and this Silver car and the Vert are SSs. The Black V6 we saw engine views of looks like the white car so we can infer its a V6. But then Jason said that curious thing that you could tell the difference between the cars at a distance... maybe they got to see that radical Z28 styling of the new bumble bee. It makes quite an impression. Then again maybe one of the marketing cars they saw was the v6 with all the "aftermarket" bodykit stuff we saw on the Red car back in March. In that case I'm sure they saw four cars that look distinctly different as we have: Black SS vert, silver SS with sunroof, Plain Jane white V6 hardtop with bubble roof, possible Z28 (bumblebee) with its unique styling. I'm guessing there will be different body upgrade options depending on if you are getting V6 or V8 and there we will see more differences.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #329
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
Can't wait till the end of July to get those readouts. I highly anticipate a V-6 performance package which will include a limited slip differential. I still think that the white car looks hot. The V-6 should be close to just as fast as a new mustang gt in a straight line, unless you consider the V-6 having an extra gear to go through.

-Rock on
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #330
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCowan View Post
Have we seen one car with no hood scoop? I can't remember
Yes. The red model in the accessories pics. Strangely, I like it without the scoop a little better.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #331
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
^Same here, without the scoop the front looks.... cleaner.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #332
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I like the hood scoop...

Take a look at the corvette all the way to the right. I believe the paint job is atomic orange and only a $300 upgrade on the Vette ordering page? I think GM should allow that color to be on the new Camaro V8 by ordering. It looks to be the closest to the Bumblebee color I've seen so far of the color's GM offers on their vehicles. Yes, it isn't even close to the Sunrise color used on Bumblebee because it is a lot more orange or gold but it is similar enough and also looks great.. I like it better than the hugger orange on the Camaro concept convertible pics which is more reddish in tone. I wouldn't mind atomic orange as an option on the V8 Camaro if another yellow wasn't offered that more closely resembles Bumblebee...

Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #333
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor

Drives: 04 stang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I like the hood scoop...

Take a look at the corvette all the way to the right. I believe the paint job is atomic orange and only a $300 upgrade on the Vette ordering page? I think GM should allow that color to be on the new Camaro V8 by ordering. It looks to be the closest to the Bumblebee color I've seen so far of the color's GM offers on their vehicles. Yes, it isn't even close to the Sunrise color used on Bumblebee because it is a lot more orange or gold but it is similar enough and also looks great.. I like it better than the hugger orange on the Camaro concept convertible pics which is more reddish in tone. I wouldn't mind atomic orange as an option on the V8 Camaro if another yellow wasn't offered that more closely resembles Bumblebee...

+1
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #334
AJMcLovin

Drives: 1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SL
I'll wait for the z28 to come out, chevy is probably going to have 3 basic trim levels. the LS,LT, and SS. The LS is probably going to have Chevy's 3.5L pushrod V-6, the LT is probably going to have the overhead-cam-direct-injected 3.5L V-6. the SS might have a 6.2L LS3 V-8 which will be pretty sweet, but I've heard that a year after initial launch chevy will release the convertible (everyone already knows about that) and possibly the new z28 which will have a supercharged 6.2L V-8 which will throw down about 500hp.
Also if you are worried about gas chevy might replace one of the base model engines with a 2 liter turbocharged 4 cylender engine like the ones they use in the HHR SS and cobalt SS. but thats just what i heard, until chevy makes an official announcement i guess we'll have to wait
AJMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #335
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMcLovin View Post
I'll wait for the z28 to come out, chevy is probably going to have 3 basic trim levels. the LS,LT, and SS. The LS is probably going to have Chevy's 3.5L pushrod V-6, the LT is probably going to have the overhead-cam-direct-injected 3.5L V-6. the SS might have a 6.2L LS3 V-8 which will be pretty sweet, but I've heard that a year after initial launch chevy will release the convertible (everyone already knows about that) and possibly the new z28 which will have a supercharged 6.2L V-8 which will throw down about 500hp.
Also if you are worried about gas chevy might replace one of the base model engines with a 2 liter turbocharged 4 cylender engine like the ones they use in the HHR SS and cobalt SS. but thats just what i heard, until chevy makes an official announcement i guess we'll have to wait
Welcome, and that would be the 3.6 DOHC VVT with DI

I still doubt the 3.5 will make it to any Camaro - that's an archaic engine on it's way out.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #336
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Wheww!!! 16 pages of going through this stuff and so much to comment on. I'll just sum it up. GREAT job GM on the Camaro and a big thank you to Scott and Camero for giving us the updates. We all appreciate it and know you don't have to !!!

As for this car.......ABSOLUTELY STUNNING

Now then.....how to get to Indy...

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote