Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #29
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Im sure its all over the Honda forums that you got punked. Now youre gonna have every Honda out here gunning for you because you cant drive. Lol! I went up to the car show the other night with my dad, (69 Z/28 with DZ302, M22 4-speed) and got along side him to just kinda mess around, and right as soon as I got along him, a cop pulled out right in front of us. Lol! Its like they knew something was going on. Everytime we are about to act a stupid, a cop always shows himself. Haha! Oh well...one day.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #30
chipset35

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
Ehh, it's just a 5.0. I just moved here a month ago. I really haven't had anyone mess with me either other than some kid in a Acura that saw me leave a stoplight post haste so he felt the need to catch up and give me the fly by. I gave him the Shaka sign at the next stoplight and all he did was mean mug me. Shrug.

I'm sure he had fun telling all his buddies he blew my doors off.
Just remember, all those kids think Honda Civics and similar are "sports cars".....
Even though they are JUST "Economy Cars"....you could smoke them and bury them in front of a hundred witnesses, and those ricers will still swear they beat you.
There is nothing wrong with those types of cars, but when you start seeing them with cobra stripes and/or imitation WRX/STI hood scoops...well uh...
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
Just remember, all those kids think Honda Civics and similar are "sports cars".....
Even though they are JUST "Economy Cars"....you could smoke them and bury them in front of a hundred witnesses, and those ricers will still swear they beat you.
There is nothing wrong with those types of cars, but when you start seeing them with cobra stripes and/or imitation WRX/STI hood scoops...well uh...
Yeah, it was the little two door Accord coupe clone from a decade or so back. Not even remotely fast, I've driven them before as my buddy owned one. I would have obliged if we hadn't been in the middle of the city with a 45 mph speed limit. I have no desire to go to jail. He was easily going 20 mph faster than me.
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #32
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Always the Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
Every time I see a Mustang down a Camaro it always seems that the Camaro loses off the line. Now I'm not talking that stang pulls it in the first 300 feet. It's that the Camaro seems to just come off the line slower, Initial reaction, the first few feet.

Any thoughts.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #33
chipset35

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
Yeah, it was the little two door Accord coupe clone from a decade or so back. Not even remotely fast, I've driven them before as my buddy owned one. I would have obliged if we hadn't been in the middle of the city with a 45 mph speed limit. I have no desire to go to jail. He was easily going 20 mph faster than me.
I was in a 30mph zone, when I unexpectidly saw a 8 year old civic with a nice paint job and rims, seems he had his wheels slanted out at an angle as well.
Had a better sounding exaust than most civic's but still sounded like a fart can.
As I pulled past him, I decel'd to give him a taste of my decel pop, then accelerated to give him a taste of what a exhaust should sound like...lol...I know mean...but if you are gonna drive a car like that...
I have more respect for a guy who fixes his Civic up without all the cheese.
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
Those pick up truck guys see a small car and their small brains say...ah doh....must be a whimpy four banger....my 2.5 ton truck with a Hemi will eat it...
Too bad they dont realize those late model subies are turbo charged 2.5 litre flat four boxer engines that are very fast.
Now, woth my 1Le I ignore anyone who is "not worthy"....which is 99% of the cars out there lol.
I've got a truck that'll show you a good time.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #35
Mick1

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
yesterday, a guy in a scion tc challenged me
Mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #36
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
I thought they needed the track pack to hang with the 1LE?
Track pack doesnt change anything that would help with the 1/4 mile.
Not like the 1LE where they change the trans and rear gearing.
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #37
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Throwin a rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
I have never been bothered by anyone in this car. Kinda pisses me off. Not condoning street racing, but with the $1000s I have put into this car, I havent even gotten a quick rev thrown at me. Lol!
Im trying to make out the houses behind you and your car color, looks familiar and like two streets over, if so Ill drive by and throw a rev your way! Higley perhaps?

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #38
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
I have never been bothered by anyone in this car. Kinda pisses me off. Not condoning street racing, but with the $1000s I have put into this car, I havent even gotten a quick rev thrown at me. Lol!

I feel your pain,,,,,
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #39
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Im trying to make out the houses behind you and your car color, looks familiar and like two streets over, if so Ill drive by and throw a rev your way! Higley perhaps?
Im over at Val Vista and Elliot. My car is RJT. Ill be on the look out for you and throw a rev right back at ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
I feel your pain,,,,,
This is how I drive around..

Old 10-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #40
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick1 View Post
yesterday, a guy in a scion tc challenged me
That was me bro. You looked pretty scared.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #41
Mick1

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
That was me bro. You looked pretty scared.
that's how i look when I'm shocked

I am sure it wasn't you :-)
Mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #42
GYac

only once has someone tired to "race" me, this was a guy in a 13' shelby GT500 with a licence plate bracket that said 750hp, don't know if he had 750 horses but it would'nt have mattered. Why even waste the gas.