Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-16-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I am heartbroken...

My boyfriend traded his 2002 Z28 back in November of 2005 at Martin Dodge in Bowling Green, Kentucky for a 2005 Dodge dually. (Note to everyone: Do NOT buy a vehicle from Martin Dodge!) When he traded the car, it was in very good condition and was still a VERY good car. We actually got into a fight about him trading the car because I told him I knew he was making a huge mistake, but of course he didn't listen to me, he never does.

Well lo and behold, I came across this today while searching EBay Motors for Camaros:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-20...QQcmdZViewItem

How do we know this is his car? 1. We were on our way home from Bowling Green one night and lost one of the exhausts that had been hanging loose. 2. There are the scratches on the rear bumper that were put on the car when we hit a slick spot on his road in the winter and slid off in a ditch. 3. The Draglites on the car are the wheels that were on the car when he traded it in (which BTW wasn't part of the deal, he was going to put the factory wheels back on it but they sold it right when it got on the lot). 4. There is a small hole by the shifter where he drilled to put the NO2 kit in. 5. The RS spoiler is still on it that was on it when he bought it.

I was heartbroken when I saw this. And he has been sick all day. This was the only time he has actually told me that I was right about something and he was wrong. And I didn't even get any enjoyment out of it.

This is how the car looked when my boyfriend had it and I drove it in my Senior Parade at the high school. Tell me how big of a difference this is! (Had to throw the last pic in there, we made the front page of the paper and the yearbook! )
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
dump him!

an '02, 35th ann, LS1, 6 spd, Black, Leather, 62,900miles, t-tops,

dear god, Dump Him!! nothing would make me get rid of that car. If a truck meant that much, id find a way to finance both. speaking of which, my gf keeps telling me to get rid of my Camaro (aint gonna happen) but we are going to save for the next year or two and if I can persuade her, she said I can get a 5th gen or we will buy me a dually (probably dodge, maybe the new Silverado HD) and her ring. lol

dump him...lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
As I get older, I realize, women are the smarter one's. This is another case in point.

Your boyfriends Camaro reminds me of my SS. His Z with the painted SS rims looks very similar to my SS when it had the painted rims (before I went to chrome).

As for his decision, forgive him. He's not the first guy to make sucn a dumb mistake. I remember trading my '89 RS for a Jeep Wrangler. It killed me seeing someone else drive off in my "pride & joy".

Hopefully your boyfriend learns 2 very valuable lessons;

1. When you own a very nice Camaro, HOLD ONTO IT! (The only exception being, if it's replaced with a 5th Gen. )

2. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

Hopefully he has realized the error of his ways and will make things right by getting a 5th Gen. Camaro.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Right now he is looking for either another Camaro or a Transam. He has a 90 model Mustang Coupe that runs in the 9's in the quarter mile. I hate it of course lol. We had saw the car in Bowling Green a couple of weeks back and he looked kind of stunned for a second, like it just hit him that someone else was driving his car (When he had it, I was the only one that he let drive it lol). But I really don't think this is something to be rubbing in because he seems to be really bothered by it. He sent the seller a message on EBay and the seller says he is selling the car for someone else. So John told him to tell the present owner he did a great job ragging out his old car. I think if I would have realized it wasn't actually his car I wouldn't have told him, but I just thought it looked a lot like it and had already showed him the link when I started looking at the pictures and thought "Oh Crap..." lol. But you live and you learn. All we gotta do is get him back in a Chevy and we're good to go.

Oh, and the reason he got the truck was because he hauled campers for a place in Indiana and had to have something else. He USED to say he made the right decision because he was making money off the truck, even when the truck was broken down or something. But since he saw the auction on EBay, he hasn't said anything about "making the right decision."

Lets just hope this is a lesson to other FBody owners out there... Do NOT get rid of your Camaro unless you are prepared to see it completely ragged out a year or so later. :(
Old 06-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Oh yeah, did I mention the car only had 22,000 miles on it when he traded it in? :(
Old 06-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It's at $7069 w/ 3 minutes left.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I'm sorry to hear about the Camaro. Some people out there just really don't care about the car. They rag it out and use it up only to get rid of it for parts to some other person later on.

Your boyfriend hopefully learned two valuable lessons. Moose hit the nail on the head w/ this. When I bought my 02 SS, the seller sold it to me for thousands less than it was worth because he KNEW it was going into good hands and it would be taken care of and kept in immaculate condition. There's a satisfaction and good feeling one gets when your "baby" goes to a good home.

Why doesn't he save his old Camaro and pick it up? Because of it's current condition? Hopefully if not, he'll get back into a later model 4th Gen. I just pray I can keep my 4th Gen when I get my 5th Gen as well. I doubt it will happen because when I sell my SS, that cash goes to pay off my wifes car. Then, I'll only have one car payment on my 5th Gen. Ugh....

I hope he gets back into a new Camaro. He made a decision that he'll have to live with. If he doesn't like how his Camaro turned out, he'll think about that for next time.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Camaro's, Mustangs, Firebirds, Corvettes.They're all meant to be kept forever. I only know things from a guys point of view, but I'm sure some ladies can relate: An F-body, a Mustang, or a Corvette becomes a persons best friend his "pride and joy" (thank you Moose). It gains a persona. Nobody who owns an F-body here can tell me you don't look at it in pride every day, you haven't talked to it when nobodys looking? Even if it isn't the prettiest vehicle - it becomes almost family. You don't sell something like that.

I'm not much on feelings, but let it go, If it bothers him that much; He knows he screwed up. Seriously, try and rub it off as "just a car". I know, I know. It isn't - and I agree. But that would help me.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

We're working on getting into another F-Body. It's just a real shame that some people don't know how to take care of an awesome car when they have it. I even hate to see Mustangs like this (and that is saying a lot lol). I don't think the reserve was met on the auction was it?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The whole situation is sad. TAG, your SS wasn't bought new?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #11
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Buy it back for him! All will be well!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #12
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

lol I hate to say this but the shape that it appears to be in now, I would rather find a nicer one with fewer miles! :( He found a really nice SOM Z28 that he's thinking about looking into, so now I am excited!

There were some good memories made in that Z28, and a few tickets received.

I drove the h*ll out of that 6-spd too, it was pretty awesome Haven't decided yet if I want a 6-spd or not. I loved it for 3 days but I'm afraid I would get tired of shifting gears in between red lights.

Let this be a lesson to everyone to your Camaro!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:25 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
lol I hate to say this but the shape that it appears to be in now, I would rather find a nicer one with fewer miles! :( He found a really nice SOM Z28 that he's thinking about looking into, so now I am excited!

There were some good memories made in that Z28, and a few tickets received.

I drove the h*ll out of that 6-spd too, it was pretty awesome Haven't decided yet if I want a 6-spd or not. I loved it for 3 days but I'm afraid I would get tired of shifting gears in between red lights.

Let this be a lesson to everyone to your Camaro!!!
Heck, I'd pick up SOM over any other color available. On the 4th Gen, that is my favorite color. I like the pewter too, but didn't know that SOM was available when I special ordered my Z28.

On a serious note, let me (or us) know if he is seriously looking into getting another Z28 or SS, what the options would be, mileage limit, and price limit would be. I, for one, would be happy to keep an eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The whole situation is sad. TAG, your SS wasn't bought new?
Nope. The 02 Z28 was totalled out when the 16 year old girl snuck out of the house when grounded, took moms car w/out permission, and wrecked into me. A few weeks after, I found another 4th Gen. That one and one identical to my current SS were for sale on ebay. I wanted to go to Corpus Christi to look at one, but they sold it the day after the auction ended. I struck a deal w/ the previous owner of my SS ( on the other auction and who was in Des Moines, IA) for a few grand below what it was worth. He wanted to get rid of it to buy a boat and it was beginning the winter season (this was in Nov.05). He already had it garaged and was planning on keeping it in storage for the next 4 months. Talk about a great deal...$18,400. for an 02 SS in immaculate condition w/ only 18,200 miles....leather, Hurst 6spd, t-tops, all the other goodies. I lucked out.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #14
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Ouch. I would have cried. I'm sure glad my wife didn't take any pics of the TA after it got rear-ended. Figures though I go to the desert to play GI Joe, and a month later some guy in a Civic hits her doing like 40. I've never felt so helpless in my life. For those of you who are curious, I DID make sure my wife was okay first when she told me. Then I immediately asked how bad it was. Fortunately the guy that hit her had insurance that covered it, even redoing the hand-laid pinstriping that I hate so much. Now to get back on topic, I hate seeing one of my old vehicles not getting the proper care it deserves. I've had it go both ways for my previous two F Bodies. My '89 RS (which I traded for a Civic that later got totalled because I don't know how to handle a FWD car in the rain-long story and biggest mistake of my life ask me about it sometime) went to a good home. I met the guy who bought it and had already fixed some of the things I neglected and had big, yet reasonable plans for it. My '89 Formula however was looking like it was headed for the boneyard. I sold it for $1000 with a blown tranny and the rear end nearly shot. The buyer did know all of this, and is was a legit sale to a mechanic as a project for his teenage son. Unfortunately, two weeks later the car was up for sale again for the same price. Hopefully it went to a good home, but I doubt it. If I end up getting rid of my TA, I am going to go private sale and make sure that it goes to a good home. For acscamarochick, It's good to see your boyfriend coming around. F Bodies always seem to be a love/hate relationship. Sometimes they make you so mad that you want to trade them in, then other times they couldn't make you happier.

Last edited by AFSNightrod; 06-17-2007 at 05:03 AM.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote