Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #15
silverfox

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
It may be the power cable thing rubbing against the block that was a bullitin about?
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
It may be the power cable thing rubbing against the block that was a bullitin about?
HUH? Link please?
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I had the same problem with a rental camaro that I took to the fbod gathering outside of atlanta back in may. The problem started after I stopped to refuel the tank. I had Scott "fbodfather" check it out with some help from some other forum members. The car would give me the 2 key alarm and run as if it was down a cylinder or misfiring. I turned around and drove back to return it to savannah. At times it would not crank and when it did it was as if the battery was weak and we did check the cable connection on the battery.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #18
Hebe4

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I had the same problem with a rental camaro that I took to the fbod gathering outside of atlanta back in may. The problem started after I stopped to refuel the tank. I had Scott "fbodfather" check it out with some help from some other forum members. The car would give me the 2 key alarm and run as if it was down a cylinder or misfiring. I turned around and drove back to return it to savannah. At times it would not crank and when it did it was as if the battery was weak and we did check the cable connection on the battery.
All the symptons I had when my battery died. The DIC would prompt to reprogram windows and reprogram 2 keys then it goes into power save mode.
By this time the car will not start and the voltmeter is less than 10 volts. Solution: Battery warranty replacement.
Hebe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #19
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun

Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
I don't mean to sound mean, but that's pretty funny man. I hope it's not too big of a burden though!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
Evokatana

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evokatana View Post
Wow. I've finally out smarted the car. This is three times now the car would not start. Morning and evening leaving work. Each time I got the car to start by opening the driver's door. Once it starts it says 2 keys programmed. Wants me to open drivers window. close drivers window. Open passenger window and close passenger window. By the way after the car starts the 4 way flashers also come on. Sometimes it starts but the onstar doesn't work and the engine is not at full power....hense shut off and repeat and by the way open the drivers door and then waah laa she runs.

I am waiting for my stripes and off road exhaust to get here so the dealer can do their thing and fix the starter problem.
After 2 weeks of the dealer checking and replacing parts. They determined there was a bad cell in the battery. Lots of hassle and 2 rental cars later.... They put in the new battery and it works great no errors and she starts right up.
Evokatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #21
Evokatana

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evokatana View Post
Wow. I've finally out smarted the car. This is three times now the car would not start. Morning and evening leaving work. Each time I got the car to start by opening the driver's door. Once it starts it says 2 keys programmed. Wants me to open drivers window. close drivers window. Open passenger window and close passenger window. By the way after the car starts the 4 way flashers also come on. Sometimes it starts but the onstar doesn't work and the engine is not at full power....hense shut off and repeat and by the way open the drivers door and then waah laa she runs.

I am waiting for my stripes and off road exhaust to get here so the dealer can do their thing and fix the starter problem.
See below. Problem resolved. NEW BATTERY
Evokatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #22
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
you have a gremlin my friend
Old 07-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
I would have guessed that main positive cable connection along the drivers door jam area. New battery is cool too. They are made pretty cheap these days.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro won't start