Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
The 10 Most Bad Ass Cars Real or Imagined

The 10 Most Bad Ass Cars Real or Imagined

Below are what I believe to be the 10 of the most most bad ass cars of all time. Some are real cars that were made and some are from the imagination put into cinema. Let me know yours!

10. Ferrari F355 Berlinetta (REAL)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F355
This car came out in 1994 and I was in love. Check the link above for all the particulars but the engineering behind this one was sublime. Take the 5 valve per piston cylinder heads for fire raging free breathing:

In 1997 the car line got the F-1 steering wheel mounted paddle transmission so it was even more like a race car.

9. The Wraith (An imaginary car, was a Dodge M4S Turbo Interceptor)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wraith">The Wraith
Now what could be better than a car from the spirit world that allows you to take revenge against the men who killed you, one by one? Probably not much and this car was dark and brooding:

An under rated film.

8. 1969/1970 Plymouth GTX (REAL)
I have to admit, this may be my most beloved muscle car. Loaded with a 426 Hemi and classic lines that make me sweat, this car just screams amazing:

Someday I WILL have one of these, Guaranteed.

7. 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe (REAL)
Maybe the sexiest car ever to roll off a production line, I cannot say much, the pictures tell the story:

Unreal.

6. Time Travel DeLorean (Imaginary)
A flux capacitor, a little plutonium, and time travel is at hand! What's not to like?:

5. 1983 Dodge Ramcharger Truck (REAL/and some Imagination)
In the film "Lone Wolf McQuade" Chuck Norris plays a Texas Ranger with a supercharged Dodge truck. After being buried underground with the truck, McQuade fires her up, and well, see for yourself:

Total badass.

4. 1987 Buick GNX (REAL)
How can a Buick make the list? Simple, the Grand National came out in 1982 and the GNX in 1987 was easily one of the most fearsome looking cars of all time. I saw many of these growing up and they were always a showstopper. From Wiki, check it out:
Quote:
Buick underrated the GNX at 276 hp (206 kW) and a very substantial 360 lb·ft (488 N·m) of torque. This was created to be the "Grand National to end all Grand Nationals." Changes made included a special Garrett T-3 turbocharger with a ceramic-impeller blowing through a more efficient and significantly larger capacity intercooler with a "CERMATEL (Ceramic/Aluminum) coated" pipe connecting the intercooler to the engine. A GNX specific EEPROM, low-restriction exhaust with dual mufflers, reprogrammed Turbo Hydramatic 200-4R transmission with a custom torque converter and transmission cooler, and unique differential cover/panhard bar included more of the performance modifications.
NICE!:

3. 1955 Chevy Bel Air Coupe (REAL)
Before the well known 1957's came out, the 1955 coupe was a tight package of dynamite. Of course the modified versions are the hot cars and with an engine bay that could accept about any engine, this car is a tuners dream come true. Sexy beast:

Big block in that thing baby.

2. Maximum Overdrive Truck (Imaginary...or is it?)
So a comet passes Earth and imbues machines with thought. Silly I know, but what if? Here is the creepy truck:

1. 1958 Plymouth Fury "Christine" (REAL car, imaginary powers)

A sick as all get out car, imbued with preternatural powers! I mean, it HAS to be number 1! See Christine in action:

"Little Bitty Pretty One", what a great song.

So bad it's good.

What are yours?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Nice list, but you missed one-
1973 ford falcon XB, the Last of the V* Interceptors from Mad max and Roadwarrior.
With taht crazy supercharger that you could turn on and off
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
You also forgot the (imaginary) Concept RoadRunner.
It's an awesome concept for Plymouth to get back into the muscle car game. I personally would buy it and stand in line for one if ever came to reality. Such a badass concept car.
Attached Images

LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Spartan and LB, great cars!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster

The car has seven mechanisms triggered by buttons labeled from A to G on the steering wheel hub. Their functions (and names, taken from the Japanese production) are:

Button A, Auto Jack (オートジャッキ Ōto Jakki?, Auto Jack): Releases four jacks to boost the car up so that it can be repaired . Although designed for this function, the auto jacks are more often used to jump the car short distances, as a wedge to keep the car from toppling over a waterfall, or as an alternative braking system. The spring-like sound the jacks make is distinctive to the show.

Button B, Belt Tires (ベルトタイヤ Beruto Taiya?, Belt Tire): Sprouts special grip tires for traction over any kind of terrain (firm, icy, or unsteady ground; ocean floor; vertical mountainsides). At the same time, 5,000 horsepower (3,700 kW) is distributed evenly to all four wheels (1,250 hp/932.13 kW).

Button C, Cutter Blades (カッター Kattā?, Cutter): Powerful rotary saws protrude from the front of the Mach Five to remove obstacles in its way such as trees. Mostly used for racing in forest areas (especially when Speed gets forced off the road).

Button D, Deflector (ディフェンサー Difensā?, Defensor): Releases a powerful deflector which seals the cockpit in a bullet-proof and crash-proof, and either an air-tight or water-tight chamber depending on the environment around the car. Inside it, the car driver is completely invulnerable.

Button E, Evening or Illuminating Eye or Special Illumination (イブニングアイ Ibuningu Ai?, Evening Eye): The control for special illumination which can be traversed singly or in tandem, and which enables to see much farther and more clearly than with ordinary headlights. When used with the “night shades” attached to Speed’s helmet, his vision is enhanced with infrared light. Button E was later modified to activate mini-wings (Pops got the idea from the Car Acrobatic Team) that would slide out from under the car to assist Speed in long jumps.

Button F, Frogger Mode (フロッガー Furoggā?, Frogger): Used when the Mach Five is under water. First, the cockpit is supplied with oxygen. Then, a periscope is raised to scan the surface of the water. Everything that is seen is relayed down to the driver's seat by television. The 100 pound (45 kg) auxiliary supply of oxygen is enough to last for thirty minutes. This is despite the fact that enough diatomic oxygen gas to weigh 100 pounds—that is to say, 1417 moles—would occupy over thirty thousand liters at standard temperature and pressure and thereby support many people for many hours. However, unless the Mach 5 was equipped with an electric drive mechanism, which is never mentioned, the Mach 5's engine (rated at 5,000 HP) could consume this supply in a few minutes, assuming it had the ability to operate on a pure O2 supply.

Button G, Go Homing Robot (ギズモ号 Gizumo-gō?, Gizmo): Releases a homing robot bird from the front of the car. The homing robot bird can fly and can carry pictures or tape recorded messages, handwritten messages, X-ray film, rope, and small Egyptian statues, and it has been used as a last resort as a makeshift weapon for means of defense. The bird-like device is operated by a built-in remote control within the cockpit.

Button H, Homing Device (ホーミング Hōmingu?, Homing): This button is, unlike the other buttons, not located on the steering wheel; instead is located on a console between the seats. Button H is part of the Go Homing Robot's controls, and it simply sends the robot "home” to a pre-programmed location, usually Speed's house.

The Mach Five also has a small trunk, which is unusual in a race car but was featured in many episodes, often as a hiding place for main characters Spritle (Kurio Mifune) and Chim-Chim (Senpei).
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
The 355 was a badass vehicle. I don't disagree with any of your choices, but I'll offer a few alternatives.

Like this bad boy. The Ferrari 288 GTO.
Looks like a 308? Similar. But this was straight built for racing. Modified twin turbo engine putting out 400 hp. The class it was built for was disbanded and so these cars were never actually race. You can pick up a 308 today for around $30k or a pristine example for about $80k. But picking up a 288 is much harder, much more expensive. They are true collectibles.

Because. The Hoff.

I actually think this was groundbreaking and therefore badass because of the power it was putting out. Consider that the '93 Cobra SVT was putting out 235 hp and the brand new redesigned '94 Mustang GT only put out 215. The 1993 Z28 was launched with 275 hp. Plus, that black top with the red just looked mean.

Ford GT90. First, it just looks cool. Quad turbo, V12, 720 hp, 235 mph(theoretically). Considered the spiritual predecessor to the production Ford GT.

1969 Covette ZL1. That's right, I said Covette ZL1. Only two 1969 Corvettes were made with the legendary ZL1 engine. This car is literally priceless. I know this because I heard a story that the owner of this particular car was offered a blank check and turned it down. You can actually go look at this very car and many other awesome Vettes if you go to Roger's Corvettes in/near Orlando Fl.

Speaking of ZL1's, need I say more?

Because. 205 mph.

Because. Don Johnson.
(even though I know he didn't drive a real one)
122 examples were made of the Ferrari 365 GTS/4 more commonly called by it's nickname "The Daytona."

Because. Don Johnson.
He really did drive one of these. Ferrari North America provided two Testarossa's (Redhead in Itallian) for Miami Vice after Ferrari had gotten so much free advertising off of a fake Ferrari for the first two seasons of the show.

Going on sale in January 1992, the Viper RT/10 was totally revolutionary. Production cars just really didn't break 300 hp back then. Here comes this bad boy with 400 hp. Consider that the '92 ZR1 had somewhere about 375 hp. That was an absolute crapton for back then.

Honorable Mentions
Ford GT 40, Ferrari Killer

It's grandchild, the Ford GT

Last edited by 2012-1822; 05-02-2014 at 11:08 AM.
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I mean this list could go on. The Shelby Cobras, for you youngsters I mean the originals, the actual race cars and the Verts that were sold.

The 1990-1995 ZR1.

The 1982 Firbird. Not much hp, that's true, but had the lowest drag of any production car at that point I think, might have to check, but very efficient design.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #8
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
List is invalid without Speed Racers Mach V.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
2012-1822:

A glimpse at the yellow Corvette ZL-1's past. It's known as the 'drug dealer' ZL-1:

Either ZL-1 Corvette is awesome. But I'd rather have this one

But you know what car is truly badass? Dan Gurney's Magnesium-Titanium 1967 F1 Gurney/Weslake Eagle. He hit 197 mph in this car at Spa. Also won the race, 1967. No seatbelts. Public roads. Mag suspension components. Ti exhaust, in 1967. This car is sex on wheels.

I can't get me enough GT40. I wants it.

...and did somebody say Shelby Cobra? How about Shelby Cobra Daytona?

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 05-02-2014 at 06:14 PM.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #10
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Aston Martin db5

Hard to top being the car of choice for the most bad a spy ever

Aston Martin DBS

If this can't get you something, nothing will
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
It's a Plane!
It's a Submarine!
It's a Car!
No, It's SUPERCAR!

Attached Images

Old 05-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Why isn't anyone adding James Bond cars? Q Branch has developed some cool cars.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #13
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
My Mother the Car
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The Reactor Mach II from Bewitched.