Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
NPP vs regular SS Exhaust Diffuser Differences

Hi guys,

I tried looking for a topic about this on the forum but was unsuccessful. I was wondering if the regular diffuser from the SS comes with the regular exhaust on the 1LE? I didn't order the NPP dual mode exhaust with my 1LE because I am ordering aftermarket exhaust, Magnaflow Comp Axle back and JBA high flow cat mid pipes. I wanted to make sure the new diffuser that fits the NPP only comes on the 1LE if you order NPP, and if you order stock SS exhaust, the stock diffuser comes on it...

I figured there have got to be a couple people on here that know a little something about this... Thanks!
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
The diffuser is not changed on the 1LE UNLESS the NPP option is ordered.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
tramtwo

BTW you may just want to do a muffler delete and save a few hundred dollars over getting the Magnaflow which is just a piece of straight pipe with tips.

I did the muffler delete on my LS3 Vert and just had the shop weld my stock tips onto the straight pipe. You can get this done for about 200 if you go stainless and about 100 if you just use standard pipe.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
jgalewsk

Thanks for the replies. I figured that's what would happen with the stock exhaust. And I would like to save the money. I just don't know where to go to get it done. I'll try to find a place though. Don't u have to cut the stock exhaust anyway to put an axle back system on?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
Thanks for the replies. I figured that's what would happen with the stock exhaust. And I would like to save the money. I just don't know where to go to get it done. I'll try to find a place though. Don't u have to cut the stock exhaust anyway to put an axle back system on?
Yes stock does have to be cut for axel back. Any real muffler shop can do a muffler delete on these cars. Remember that when the stock muffler is gone you will get a lot of deceleration popping. You are only about an hour and a half ride from me. I highly recommend these guys. Supreme Muffler Shop
Old 10-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
jgalewsk

Yea I know about the deceleration popping. I actually kinda like it. And with the JBA mid pipes, it's going to be really loud. But, I like loud. And cops around here don't really mind too much as long as I don't drive like crazy. I have straight pipes on my 06 mustang gt currently. trading it in for the 1le.

I've also noticed a difference between custom straight pipes on the ls3 vs the magnaflow comp. It just seems like the magnaflow is a deeper sound. The custom seems raspier almost. Have you noticed a difference? I like a real deep tone at idle but still loud and at WOT, just screaming loud...
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
tramtwo

I have long tubes high flow cats and the muffler delete... nothing raspy about this set up.

Here is mine at idle.

Check out this thread they have video of just about any setup you could choose.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
jgalewsk

agreed. i think the long tubes may be helping you though. I'm not doing LT's for warranty purposes. The jba mid pipes will help me out a bunch though. I will probably end up doing what you did and just put different tips on the end. Those magnaflow 5" tips are almost too big. They look kinda funky from certain angles. I'd like 4" or so. What is the stock exhaust tip diameter?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
tramtwo

I think the stock tips are 4"