Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #99
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
27/27
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #100
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Full soft front and full hard rear. No trial. No Error. Just a great handling 5th Gen.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #101
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Full soft front and full hard rear. No trial. No Error. Just a great handling 5th Gen.
Perhaps I'm not wording my question properly.

The question is based on the fact that both bars are each 3-way adjustable. I'm assuming the full soft front and full hard rear is the "starting point" and the most common setup (and most likely where I'll be happiest). But say I'm not quite happy with the setup and want to tighten or loosen it a bit (ie using the other 2 adjustment points of the bars), how would I adjust it if I want to change the amount of understeer from there? Or is this just something I'll have to revisit once I get them installed?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #102
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
Perhaps I'm not wording my question properly.

The question is based on the fact that both bars are each 3-way adjustable. I'm assuming the full soft front and full hard rear is the "starting point" and the most common setup (and most likely where I'll be happiest). But say I'm not quite happy with the setup and want to tighten or loosen it a bit (ie using the other 2 adjustment points of the bars), how would I adjust it if I want to change the amount of understeer from there? Or is this just something I'll have to revisit once I get them installed?
Full Soft Front and Full Hard Rear = Maximum Available Oversteer Bias
Full Hard Front and Full Soft Rear = Maximum Available Understeer Bias

with the 27/27 setup full soft front and full hard rear is most likely where you'll want to be.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #103
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Update:

Just over 1 year later I have finally been able to purchase and install:
Prothane steering rack bushing
Prothane radius rod inserts
Pedders subframe inserts (installed this time last year)
Pfadt sport sway bars & endlinks

At this point I have no idea how it handles, as I finished my install a few hours ago and unfortunately I am looking at 2" of new snow outside. Hopefully the roads will clear up enough to let me drive around a little tomorrow, but the temps will still be to low to really open it up. Hopefully soon though...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build