Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #127
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
The Mustang Boss is a killer car. I do hear that they have transmission problems though. That would be the only thing that would make me nervous about getting the Boss. Otherwise, between the two, it would be the Boss.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #128
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
The Mustang Boss is a killer car. I do hear that they have transmission problems though. That would be the only thing that would make me nervous about getting the Boss. Otherwise, between the two, it would be the Boss.

I know 4 guys with Boss and no problems with tranny or brakes. There is always going to be a problem with any car. Recently, a new 1LE owner reported clutch or tranny problems, that doesn't mean most or all of 1LEs are like that.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #129
bpdcop100

Drives: 2013 1LE,
I am a chevy owner all the way. But if you look at the SCCA class winner for autocross the mustang ( GT not the Boss ) it out performs the camaro SS. I notice when I run the camaro at an autocross how soon the mustang shits into second. I now have a 1LE and am sure this car will match the mustang in gearing. The camaro brakes are much better. I have been on the road courses with the Boss in my SS in the same run group and find the mustang to be a very good performng car.
bpdcop100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #130
tones2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RocksC5 View Post
I know 4 guys with Boss and no problems with tranny or brakes. There is always going to be a problem with any car. Recently, a new 1LE owner reported clutch or tranny problems, that doesn't mean most or all of 1LEs are like that.
You are correct. There is going to be a problem with any given car.
But here, it seems pretty common. (I didn't read the whole thread, but skimmed it.)
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...on-issues.html
Old 11-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #131
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdcop100 View Post
I am a chevy owner all the way. But if you look at the SCCA class winner for autocross the mustang ( GT not the Boss ) it out performs the camaro SS. I notice when I run the camaro at an autocross how soon the mustang shits into second. I now have a 1LE and am sure this car will match the mustang in gearing. The camaro brakes are much better. I have been on the road courses with the Boss in my SS in the same run group and find the mustang to be a very good performng car.

Sorry to be immature, but thats a pretty great typo!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #132
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Sorry to be immature, but thats a pretty great typo!!!
Too bad up until the 1LE it was true...

I would have loved a 1LE Option 3 years ago when my Camaro was purchased...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #133
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdcop100 View Post
I think the SS tranny will be better for autox. Its overall ratio in 2nd gear is lower. Roadracing the 1le tranny is way better.
I second the funny typo. Lol
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #134
jeepinocala

Drives: camaro ss 2s
Being honest the camaro cannot keep up with the gt or the boss but I will also be honest of the first builds and some of the second builds Boss do have transmission issues. Dont argue the issues i can prove it
jeepinocala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #135
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinocala View Post
Being honest the camaro cannot keep up with the gt or the boss but I will also be honest of the first builds and some of the second builds Boss do have transmission issues. Dont argue the issues i can prove it
No thanks! Not buyin' what you're selin'.

And what's an ss 2s?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #136
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
holy crap, talk about a homer fest...
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #137
jeepinocala

Drives: camaro ss 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
No thanks! Not buyin' what you're selin'.

And what's an ss 2s?
A 2ss is their fully loaded camaro ss. In 2010 it was $49,000

As for not buying what i am saying well ok it is sunny here in Florida take your car here to our local road track or drag strip I'll race ya stock car verse stock car. Yeah I can bet no takers huh. Let me say dont get me wrong the camaro is something nice I love the looks the smooth comfort drive and all of the features and would consider the new supercharged version if it was more realistic in price but you will need the new supercharged version to race any new v8 mustang. Or a crap load of aftermarket parts.
jeepinocala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #138
tones2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinocala View Post
Transmission issues aside, still a great looking car.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #139
Silvr333

Drives: M3
Has a magazine like car and driver or road and track compered these two head to head i cant seem to find anything.
Silvr333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #140
ace32x

Drives: 2013 ZL1
in my opinion obv this wont reflect everyone, is the boss is the more fun car for the everyday driver who doesnt get out to the track where brake fade and cornering G's dont come into play what so ever (which is the majority of what must of us drive). stoplight to stop light racer if you will. if your an avid track go'er then the 1le would be a better option with its better weight distribution and brakes. theres a 3rd thing to take into consideration aswell, aftermarket support for each car, obviously since 5.0 is a "newer" motor and lacks the support and knowledge in the aftermarket community as the gen 4 LS motors. not to say it won't catch up quick but you pay a little more on parts if you are going to mod the boss vs the 1le