Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #15
Synner

Drives: not stock
Temps depends a bit on the track you run so you may not have experienced a "hot" track. I've seen 310 oil and 240's water in 95 degree heat before I laid off for a few laps. Other tracks the temps didn't get near that high because there were less long straights. I'm not even FI so you'll see more heat than others. A radiator upgrade was not enough to keep my oil temp low and the flexalite is the biggest on market that I know of. If I were you I'd get oil temp and IAT gauges in your line of sight. In the 230's the car is pulling timing so that may be helping reduce your temps somewhat too.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #16
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1dad View Post
Ok so yes, there where mixed numbers there. Brain fart sorry. So, 230 on track for coolant so yea oil probably 260-270 on track but then my coolant is back down to 198-212 by time I exit so oil should be back at 230 ish then as well. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize what I was saying until it was pointed out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. Your coolant temps will come down much faster than the oil. Quality synthetics can handle temps in the 270+ range for a time, and I assume most who track don't run their oil for over 3000 miles of mixed driving. Cheap insurance.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Roto-Fad CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, BC Racing ER Series CO's, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, DynoSteve tune.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote