Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #71
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Which leads itself to the question of, "What date are dealers going to be able to access the system to order stock for themselves?" I'm going to assume it'll be prior to this magical December 15th date?
Like I said "Sold" order can be made lot cars, if the dealer enters a name as sold, and it really isn't. Not the way GM wants it done, but it will be done...Just look for the early cars with "additional dealer markup"....
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #72
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Weasel View Post
A couple of clarifications. When the order is entered it generates a 6 digit number immediately, it could be a combination of numbers and letters. The dealer assigns a priority number, but could assign everyone a number one. It is simply a method of stacking the orders. Even if they are stacked in the order they were received by the dealer, they will not necessarily be built in that order. The day the allocation is received ( on Thursdays) the dealer needs to match up the orders with any constraints in production, I. E. the first order might be a 2SS and they are on hold so it isn't buildable that week. The dealer needs to cycle down the list until he has one that is buildable. The dealer has until Saturday to "place' the order. Sunday and Monday the system is locked down and nothing can be done. On Tuesday the order will show as Placed ( the order is accepted by GM. )The dealer can go in and change the placed order on Tuesday if need be, but at 4 Eastern the system is locked and the order is then unchangeable. Some dealers don't run the system this way and let the computer cycle down thru the order stack and pick one, but that is obviously less desireable. The reason is the dealer could have say received the 2SS constraint ( maybe there were 100 available nationally and he had one on Thursday), and he let the system place a 1SS that was at the top of his stack, and Tuesday he can no longer get the 2SS because it is gone. Hope this makes sense. Also the initial guide number can be used in any way, the dealer can split it up with sold units now and stock later if he wants.

True. A good dealer will watch and make changes to get cars in, in an effort to reduce wait times on cars being held up on parts shortages. Very good post!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #73
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Weasel View Post
A couple of clarifications. When the order is entered it generates a 6 digit number immediately, it could be a combination of numbers and letters. The dealer assigns a priority number, but could assign everyone a number one. It is simply a method of stacking the orders. Even if they are stacked in the order they were received by the dealer, they will not necessarily be built in that order. The day the allocation is received ( on Thursdays) the dealer needs to match up the orders with any constraints in production, I. E. the first order might be a 2SS and they are on hold so it isn't buildable that week. The dealer needs to cycle down the list until he has one that is buildable. The dealer has until Saturday to "place' the order. Sunday and Monday the system is locked down and nothing can be done. On Tuesday the order will show as Placed ( the order is accepted by GM. )The dealer can go in and change the placed order on Tuesday if need be, but at 4 Eastern the system is locked and the order is then unchangeable. Some dealers don't run the system this way and let the computer cycle down thru the order stack and pick one, but that is obviously less desireable. The reason is the dealer could have say received the 2SS constraint ( maybe there were 100 available nationally and he had one on Thursday), and he let the system place a 1SS that was at the top of his stack, and Tuesday he can no longer get the 2SS because it is gone. Hope this makes sense. Also the initial guide number can be used in any way, the dealer can split it up with sold units now and stock later if he wants.
What is this online system called? Just so I can talk my dealers talk.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #74
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The rules of allocation make little sense to me to a point.

If 20 people walk into a dealership wanting to place orders they should all be able to place an order at that time regardless of how much the dealer has sold in the past.

Allocation makes sense as far as cars for the lot, but special orders should be allowed above and beyond that number.

Telling a dealership that doesn't sell as much that they can only have a low number of Camaro's regardless of the situation just forces people who want to order to go to another dealer that may have sold more in the past. Which in turn keeps the smaller dealer's numbers low and the other dealer's numbers 'artifically' high.

Basically the current rules of allocation keep the lower selling dealer 'low' and the higher selling dealer even higher.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #75
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
What is this online system called? Just so I can talk my dealers talk.
Order Workbench
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #76
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
OK, the way I took it was, these cars could be ordered TODAY, TOMORROW, or anytime before Q3 of 2009. If they are all submitted today, the delivery wouldn't be staggered over the year, they should be some if not all of the first cars to be built. This was part of the unique opportunity of this offering. Now, I'm sure someone else may have took it differently, and it was presented in various ways, but this was my take, so I'm sticking to it. Now if more orders are entered, they may get filled later, or not at all. There are no guarantee's.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
aka aVOL2 (because I ride a VOLusia Too)
avol2 is offline   Reply With Quote