Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-23-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Clutch Engages High - Can it be Adjusted?

Hey guys got a clutch question. I have an aftermarket clutch and when I first put it in, it engaged mid-way up the pedal. Now that it's broken in, it engages up in the last 1/4 of travel and is fully engaged by the last 1/8th. It seems really high up but obviously there's no adjustment to our master cylinders. What can I do to bring the engagement down a bit? Get an idealg master? I'm positive the clutch is bled well so I know it's not that. It's a new slave as well.

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Help? Haha

Old 02-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSSTR View Post
Hey guys got a clutch question. I have an aftermarket clutch and when I first put it in, it engaged mid-way up the pedal. Now that it's broken in, it engages up in the last 1/4 of travel and is fully engaged by the last 1/8th. It seems really high up but obviously there's no adjustment to our master cylinders. What can I do to bring the engagement down a bit? Get an idealg master? I'm positive the clutch is bled well so I know it's not that. It's a new slave as well.
Typically the engagement shouldn't change on the pedal throw. What clutch are you running? Is it a twin or single disc?
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Its actually your LT1-R. Just put it in recently - swapped from the LT1-SC.

I bugged you enough during that process and didn't want to bug you with more questions if it'd be an easy adjustment that I was overlooking.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #5
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

When the pedal engagement changes typically it's air in the lines.

It is common for twins to full engage high as you're having to engage the entire stack of discs/floaters, etc. and it takes the entire travel to do so.

Hopefully that makes sense, it's been a heck of a day. LOL
Old 02-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

BTW, that's a LOT of clutch for just over 500 rwhp... what are your plans for the car?

Thanks for the support!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

The engagement was in the middle for the first 2 weeks or so. Its been about a month and a half and 600 miles now. I bled the clutch again the other day and it didn't change the feel or the engagement point, still at the top, so maybe that's just where it is supposed to be. I just wanted to make sure there was enough travel for the clutch to fully engage. (doesn't slip or anything, holds really strong, just want to make sure its right)

And yeah its a ton of clutch for what I have. Don't really have any huge plans for it. Might throw on a 100 shot this year or next year. 2-3 years from now I may put on a big single turbo but neither of those are set plans. For now I just drive it to and from work when the weather is decent and also on the weekends.

I'm sure you remember me - I'm Greg R. from Memphis.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #8
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSSTR View Post
The engagement was in the middle for the first 2 weeks or so. Its been about a month and a half and 600 miles now. I bled the clutch again the other day and it didn't change the feel or the engagement point, still at the top, so maybe that's just where it is supposed to be. I just wanted to make sure there was enough travel for the clutch to fully engage. (doesn't slip or anything, holds really strong, just want to make sure its right)

And yeah its a ton of clutch for what I have. Don't really have any huge plans for it. Might throw on a 100 shot this year or next year. 2-3 years from now I may put on a big single turbo but neither of those are set plans. For now I just drive it to and from work when the weather is decent and also on the weekends.

I'm sure you remember me - I'm Greg R. from Memphis.
Ah, hey Greg!

Yep, you should be good man!