Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
I need some advice on the color selection here.

Hey guys and girls. i need some advice here. I know that I have made a thread before about the exterior look of the car. I am asking some advice on color selection here. I am in Iraq and have never seen this car in person. I ordered the 2SS/ RS in Cyber Gray, but I am starting to have my doubts about it. One reason is no one out side of GM has seen a cyber gray 5th gen. I am just not so sure any more where to go from here. Can i please get some advice and first hand accounts from every one here from the cars they have seen in person and there experience dealing with other colors related to the colors the Camaro SS will be available in. I know black is beautiful when clean and polished, but such a pain in the ass to keep clean. Red is not bad but sayes give me a ticket please. Yellow makes me feel like a yellow canary that has wheels instead of feathers. Silver well, My Own Worst Enemy" and I am not Christan Slater here. Cyber Gray makes me fell confused like I could not decide between black or silver. I know I am being a little analytical here but life and choices can be suck a Bit@h some times.

Black

Silver

Yellow

Red

Cyber Gray
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
Hey guys and girls. i need some advice here. I know that I have made a thread before about the exterior look of the car. I am asking some advice on color selection here. I am in Iraq and have never seen this car in person. I ordered the 2SS/ RS in Cyber Gray, but I am starting to have my doubts about it. One reason is no one out side of GM has seen a cyber gray 5th gen. I am just not so sure any more where to go from here. Can i please get some advice and first hand accounts from every one here from the cars they have seen in person and there experience dealing with other colors related to the colors the Camaro SS will be available in. I know black is beautiful when clean and polished, but such a pain in the ass to keep clean. Red is not bad but sayes give me a ticket please. Yellow makes me feel like a yellow canary that has wheels instead of feathers. Silver well, My Own Worst Enemy" and I am not Christan Slater here. Cyber Gray makes me fell confused like I could not decide between black or silver. I know I am being a little analytical here but life and choices can be suck a Bit@h some times.

Black

Silver

Yellow

Red

Cyber Gray
Well I went with red, just because you can't go wrong with red in my opinion..but it is all up to you really
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I've seen the ZR1 in Cyber Gray. I have to say it is a fantastic color. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I say stick with Cyber Gray. Otherwise if you get something else you just may regret not getting what your first instinct was. Especially after you see the color.

Silver, White and Gray were my 3 top choices. White was out, obviously since it's not availble for a bit.

I went with silver because I'm partial to it. My last 2 cars (02 Camaro and 05 Aveo) have been silver. And the lighter silver (vs the darker gray) will hide dirt a little better.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
CarToys

Drives: Corvette
For me Cyber Gray is one of those colors that looks great in the sun, but looks kinda blah in the shade. I saw a Cyber Gray Vette today, it was nice untill the clouds rolled in.

Then again, I've owned cars in a few colors that had that characteristic.
CarToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I ordered yellow for a few reasons:

I had a yellow Z06 and loved it.
Yellow always looks clean.
Eye catching color in sun or shade.
Finally, my 4 yr old wants Bumblebee; as you can see, I already have Ironhide.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
i'm waiting for the white. gray corvettes are bland in my opinion. my SS will be white with orange interior kit and hood stripes- i think most of you guys are too young to remember when the 1969 camaro came out with orange / white. too each his own, thats why there are so many colors / options available.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
jamesc1123

Drives: CGM 2SS RS w/ white stripes
Call for Fire Guy: I'm over here in the 'Stan, and like you, I was a little nervous about my color choice. I was leaning toward Orange, but from what I've seen between the Solstice and Avalanche it's just not what I want in an orange (if they had Atomic Orange I wouldn't think twice). I think gray is already awesome, and seeing the metallic gray on the ZR1: it looks even awesome-er. So I'm going with Gray, and I think you should go with your first choice.
jamesc1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
thanks guys
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
IMO cyber gray with no stripes just looks bad ass but its my opinion not yours

as for black i heard is impossible to keep clean but looks great when it is clean

you dont see much yellow cars these days (at least in my town) and a yellow car is a eye catcher

red is a good color i need to see it in person

silver to much silver cars on the road

well theres my opinoin on colors

stay safe:flag2:
Old 10-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #10
mrpre10der

i ordered cyber with white rally stripes

look to the left at my icon thats the color
Old 10-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #11
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
I'm going to court thursday for color speeding in my 69, I wanted to go with black but I'm leaning towards the Cyber. Flash can cause you cash, it has me.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
ozman2005

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Cyber Gray

Past:
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6, Silver Ice Metallic w/ Cyber Gray Rally Stripe package, Inferno Orange interior, factory "perma-grin"
VIN: 2G1FT1EW1A9108504
Delivered 7.7.09
ozman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had a black Grand Prix and it was a PITA to keep clean, and I'd always spot new scratches and things on it. Not to mention, when I washed it in the sun on a hot day it would dry before I could get a whole section toweled off. Seriously annoying. I swore I'd never get another black car (unless it was a CTS). It does look sexy in black, but thats when its clean.

I was planning on going red, but now I'm thinking possibly orange. Yellow was too "bumblebee" cliche, and I've always thought silver and gray cars were rather bland. However I have seen the cyber gray ZR1 and its a very sexy, with some stripes it might be gorgeous.

Come home safe!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 PM   #14
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
I was planning on buying red, but now I'm thinking possibly orange.
The beautiful orange and black two-tone interior and the orange interior accent with orange ambient lighting are going to make a lot of people choose that combination with the orange metallic paint - and others choose that combination with black paint and orange stripes. I'm sure that both will look great. So orange Camaros may be pretty popular. The only problem I see in that is orange seems to be the most popular Challenger color also. Dodge is going to offer other heritage colors (plum crazy aka inviolet, sublime aka sassy grass, etcetera) down the road, but started by offering the Challenger only in orange, black or silver. And orange was by far the most popular.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote