Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT
FAST LSXR 102 Intake reviews..

I tried looking for any posts on this intake, but I had no luck so I apologize if the discussion has already been in the works...

Has anyone installed the FAST 102 intake manifold on their camaro? I am just curious on horse gains, installation, pics, etc..

Any inputs?
FosterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
We haven't had a lot of luck with them on bolt on cars, but several guys have seen gains on heads/cam cars.

We have one in our garage sale that is priced very nicely & has only been used for quick dyno testing.
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
There was someone a couple weeks ago that installed it and he had a stage II cam with LT Headers and he Gained 15 RWHP and 11 RWTQ if I recall correctly.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA View Post
We haven't had a lot of luck with them on bolt on cars, but several guys have seen gains on heads/cam cars.

We have one in our garage sale that is priced very nicely & has only been used for quick dyno testing.

You mean as far as hp gains there were no luck? Is it easy to install? I was thinking of purchasing one, along with headers down the road. Dont know too much about cams though. Whats the price on your sale? Pics?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterSS View Post
You mean as far as hp gains there were no luck? Is it easy to install? I was thinking of purchasing one, along with headers down the road. Dont know too much about cams though. Whats the price on your sale? Pics?

My personal opinion on the FAST intake, is unless you do a complete bolt on car, it isnt worth it. I bought one and waiting on finishing my full bolt on car, so to me it was worth the cost. If your not doing heads,cam, pully, CAI and headers, and NK 102 TB, then just wait. But if you want the most power out of a bolt on car, then buy it.

J
JETG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
My personal opinion on the FAST intake, is unless you do a complete bolt on car, it isnt worth it. I bought one and waiting on finishing my full bolt on car, so to me it was worth the cost. If your not doing heads,cam, pully, CAI and headers, and NK 102 TB, then just wait. But if you want the most power out of a bolt on car, then buy it.

J

Ok, so im still new to all this mod stuff, but when you say bolt on car, you mean no modification/fabricating/customizing right? Please let me know if im in the ball park at all
Old 06-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
JETG

Quote:
Ok, so im still new to all this mod stuff, but when you say bolt on car, you mean no modification/fabricating/customizing right? Please let me know if im in the ball park at all

What I mean by full bolt on car is headers, CAI, TB, Cam, Tune, UD pully ect. or even a stroker motor would benefit from a FAST intake.

I have the last parts to finish my full bolt on car, just waiting on the heads to be complete to have it all installed. You really gain minimal rwhp for the price of the intake from what I have read/seen over the years. Just depends on what your goals are NA. I want 500+rwhp NA, and then do a DP nitrous kit on the FAST then move on to procharger
Old 06-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
JETG

PS here is a nice read about intakes

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=FAST
Old 06-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
PS here is a nice read about intakes

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=FAST

Read it, thanks man. I only have a CAI, mass air flow sensor, and a programmer in mine now. I plan on adding headers and cat-back exhaust, but I was just curious on the manifold. Eventually if I decide to fork out the money, I want to get a procharger but even with the bolt ons I plan to do, the FAST 102 with a TB wouldnt hurt right?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
From what I read, getting a ported TB, gives almost the same gains for way less money! I am trying to talk myself into that one right now!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
JETG

Quote:
Read it, thanks man. I only have a CAI, mass air flow sensor, and a programmer in mine now. I plan on adding headers and cat-back exhaust, but I was just curious on the manifold. Eventually if I decide to fork out the money, I want to get a procharger but even with the bolt ons I plan to do, the FAST 102 with a TB wouldnt hurt right?

Yep good to do H/C/I and fast with TB, just depends on your goals with the car.

I have modded a lot of cars over time. The best thing to do is come up with a goal and a way to get to the numbers you want. But always remember you have suspension and rear end/clutch to replace in doing this all also. Or the power wont get to the ground and you could have a 900+ car run 12's cause the power cant be planted. My goals right now are to get a full bolt on car to the 500+rwhp, then add a 150-200 NX kit, then stroker, but also while doing this add suspension and clutch to hold it all. It isnt cheap but I plan on actually keeping this car for many years to come and do it right this time. More of a show and go car, so many goals for this one. But it is my play toy, and doesnt see a lot of miles. It collects dust more than anything right now LOL

J
Old 06-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #12
blk5genss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
My mods are in my sig, I have it and love it!! made good power and torque thoughout the entire power band!!
TSP Cam 231/236 112 LSA,TSP UD,Fast 102 w/Ported TB,AirAid CAI,1 7/8 catted Stainless Power LT,3 IN MBRP 3 in Exhaust/180*,Spohn LTA's,Toe Links, Drag Bar,Diff bushings,Hurst shifter,Hendrix/DSS 1400HP Axles,Nitto NT555R's,Lethal Performance Custon Tune 480 RWHP 454 RWTQ!! Best run so far is 11.94@121 LPE 3.91's Coming soon NW 102, and DSS DS, then car should be complete!!!
blk5genss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
I just installed one yesterday. My intial driving impressions are not much of a difference. My mods are G6X3 cam, ARH headers, CAI Inc. cold air with air scoop, 3" exhaust with Magnaflows, V-max throttle body and Velocity ring, 4.10's and tune. I will have to take her back to my tuner to see if I picked up any power. I would say it's not really worth the money until you are maxed out on bolt ons and trying to get the last few horses left in the engine.
Attached Images

Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
Ragin Racin

Drives: C6 Z06, 2011 Camaro convertable
Here is a thread with a good review of our Fast Intake. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

Shawn

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...gin+Racin+Fast
Ragin Racin is offline   Reply With Quote