Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #1
Wylie_SS

Drives: Red Hot 2SS 1LE
The journey is killing me!!!

Will it ever end?

In March my 2011 IOM 2SS was totaled when a car pulled out in front of me going to work. The journey begins to replace a car I really enjoyed. First disappoinment was no IOM in 2014, but then a picture of a 1LE on this forum catches my eye so the pursuit begins (thanks guys!). Go to GM website looking at options and start thinking bright yellow 1LE. Need to look at one in person and take for a test drive, but not so easy since 1LEs are not too plentiful in the Dallas area. Finally find a Red Hot 1LE. In person really like the color and drive goes well. Decision made to order a RED Hot 1LE to get desired options, get the dreaded CONSTRAINT!

I can wait it out, its worth it. 3 weeks later constraint lifted, build scheduled end of May, finished, now waiting to be delivered, get the call Saturday it has finally arrived, BUT!!! The WRONG color---Red Rock not Red Hot, crap...talk about disppointment. After I reviewed the order to make sure all was good dealer screws up placing order. Gonna take a look at car Tuesday, salesman said they they will work with me to overcome error. Don't think they will be able to do enough $ wise to convince me to take car, the heart is pulling for Red Hot. So now I'm in a pickle. I re-order will be 2015 which will cost $600 more and the $1,500 GM incentive most likely won't be available plus another 2 month wait to build. It will be interesting to see what they will do to offset $2,100 hit if I re-order. I have a feeling I'm gonna get the short end of the stick...We'll see!

Sorry for the long post had to rant.

The 1LE continues to be out of reach!
Wylie_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
Well see how much of a discount they can give you. If not tell them you want to order another car.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:02 AM   #3
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
OK, let's review. You've gone from wanting IOM to Yellow to Red Hot and now you have a chance to buy Red Rock Metallic. I suggest you be open minded about the color. Based on pics I've seen here, RRM is a sensational color. Test drive the car. Let it grow on you. Listen politely to any concession the dealer may make, but don't expect the world. Maybe a free accessory, an extra oil change or two, then buy this car.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=Red+rock
Old 06-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE
Having seen the RRM up close and in person, it's a good looking color on the 1LE. I say quit torturing yourself, see what the dealer will do to make it up to you, buy the RRM, & install your perma-grin!
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
can he make a search through all the dealers in the u.s., to find the 1LE that you want???
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
Wylie_SS

Drives: Red Hot 2SS 1LE
They are doing a search to see what is available out there. The tough part is finding one that matches the options wanted (then decide what you can live with or without going down that path). The number of 1LEs available limits choices compared to a base SS. I'm sure distance will be a factor on their side.
Wylie_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
I LOVE my RRM 1LE! Everyone awes over the color! Just different and changes in different light. No regrets!
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
mamasfatty

Drives: 1le
i believe jeff wyler chevrolet has a red 1le on his lot,,they have 5 1le.s in stock last time i was there
mamasfatty is offline   Reply With Quote