Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
This site is somewhat of an exception to the general rule of the internet. Most forums/comment sections seem to attract people who do nothing but complain, fight, and otherwise be a pain in the ass. It only happens here about once every 2 or 3 spyshot sets. There is no reasoning with these people, its best to ignore them. Others present legit concers about the Camaro here and they can explain why the car should be this way or that, so on and so on. Others just say "Why the $%^ is GM doing something so stupid as ______ ". When explained to them, they just say the same thing back like a broken record until they get bored.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:55 AM   #30
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
Why, oh why jump on car forums for an upcoming car just to look for reasons not to buy it? I've seen it here, GMinsidenews, and numerous other forums.

You can see it coming. Things like:

"It better have push button start"
"If they don't make it in ____ color"
"It better weigh X pounds"
"If it doesn't have the e-brake in X location"
"If it doesn't have a nav screen"
"It better not have the gas cap on the ____Side"
"The rear windows better roll down"
"It better have L.E.D. rear lights"
"If it doesn't have duel zone climate controls"
Oooo is this a myspace survey?

1. "How do you prefer to start your car?"
2. "If it doesn't come in ____ color, will you still buy it?"
3. "If it weighs more than Al Borland's mom, will you still buy it?"
4. "Do you want the E-brake to be as big as your E-.."
5. "If it doesn't have a nav screen, Will you take the time to look at the out-dated paper MAPS? (heaven forbid)"
6. "It better not have the gas cap on the ____Side, so what if it does?, are you REALLY not gonna drive around to the other side of the pump?"
7. "The rear windows better roll down - NO ROLLING DOWN FOR YOU..."
8. "What kind of tail lights do you want?, we'll bend over backwards just for YOU!"
9. "If it doesn't have duel zone climate controls" - "Do you feel the original camaro was crap because it didn't have gadgets & gismo's up the ying yang?"

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #31
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
I've no issue with them having an opinion....that wasn't the point. The point was why post thousands of times to a site, just to say I'm not buying it because the gas cap is on the wrong side just before the car comes out? What is the point? Why on earth waste all that time for something you seriously had no intention of doing? Why look for things to freak out over? Why is it that we have unreasonable expectations? Why do we expect perfection? Name a car that is perfect? If you want to find a reason not to purchase, you can find one with any car. That isn't the point of a Camaro fan site, or any fan site is it?
Well I think to soul of a car, the things that make you love a car are not the general shape or the engine.

Too many cars were awesome as concepts and just awful as productino even if it looked like the concept ...

I mean, some details make you fall in love, just like with a woman I guess. Some detials make you love what you see: the shape of a nose, the color of eyes, a smile ...
Ask a doctor to re shape her nose, you may find her absolutely ugly ... even if the change is minor.

So I understand, the time I saw the pre prod model, I thought it was plain ugly. I 've become more used too and focus on things I like and hope for changes (I hope the V8 supercharged will have some features such as gas cap on the top, new grille, new ways to open the doors, spoiler, etc etc).

If these don't happen, maybe I won't buy it, maybe I will. It will be a general impression based on details. For ex, if the car keeps these headlights, I will definitely not buy it (i hate after market parts).
Old 06-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #32
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Deleted

Last edited by Sphinx002; 06-04-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #33
Sphinx002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Well I think to soul of a car, the things that make you love a car are not the general shape or the engine.

Too many cars were awesome as concepts and just awful as productino even if it looked like the concept ...

I mean, some details make you fall in love, just like with a woman I guess. Some detials make you love what you see: the shape of a nose, the color of eyes, a smile ...
Ask a doctor to re shape her nose, you may find her absolutely ugly ... even if the change is minor.

So I understand, the time I saw the pre prod model, I thought it was plain ugly. I 've become more used too and focus on things I like and hope for changes (I hope the V8 supercharged will have some features such as gas cap on the top, new grille, new ways to open the doors, spoiler, etc etc).

If these don't happen, maybe I won't buy it, maybe I will. It will be a general impression based on details. For ex, if the car keeps these headlights, I will definitely not buy it (i hate after market parts).

I do know that many cars end up vastly different from concept to production. The Camaro isn't one of them.

Edited my comments because they were taken too harshly which wasn't my intent.

Last edited by Sphinx002; 06-04-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^That's your opinion, Sphinx. I'm not taking sides here, but be cool to the guy because he has his own opinion too. And don't try to stray others from buying the car because they complain about a couple of changes.

The thing is...when there are two changes from concept to production model, most either don't notice, or don't mind...because it's still close to the concept.

BUT...when 4+ major things change from concept to production, more people begin to take notice. You will still have your group that says, "hardly anything has changed and relax" to your "too many things have changed and it doesn't look the same and I'm ticked off."

I'm have pretty much gotten over the majority of the changes myself, but they ARE there. Mainly b-pillar, gas cap location, and rear end. I can understand the b-pillar...safety (still SUCKS BIG TIME). The gas cap location was still never explained "fully." That means, "we don't want the car to blow up" doesn't make sense to me....and so I can understand better, would like further explaination....not trying to be an ass, I just don't understand. Rear end? Put back up lights in rear valance and flatten out that bumper like the concept. Just about anything is possible.

But, these are a few things that WILL make a couple of people not buy the car anymore (that' from 90% approval to the 10% of the dissatisfied public). I WOULDN'T call it fickle. I'd call it preferance. People can and will fall in love on first site....and when it changes, those will get upset. It's natural, normal, and bitching is common. But, If you accept changes to things that you love for the rest of your life, you will never end up getting what you want. I bitched and complained on another site about something in particular and was literally told to back off.....and not by regular old members. I came to realize that no matter how much I complained about that particular part, things weren't going to change....and I could accept it, or not. (although I had a lot of people in agreement and I was on a roll w/ that)....

I've come to the conclusion that the new Camaro is BAD ASS none-the-less and will still be buying it no matter what. C'mon...she IS beautiful! Some people are just still having a tough time. It's okay to vent a little, but to vent all the time??

I guess what I'm trying to say is........

The determining factor on still buying or not varies from person to person....and for those that aren't enthusiasts, the determining factors can be A LOT less than 5 things. It can be a simple b-pillar. I mean hey...not only us, but GM still wants to sell this car to as many people as possible and still keep it as close to the concept as possible.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #35
Sphinx002

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^That's your opinion, Sphinx. I'm not taking sides here, but be cool to the guy because he has his own opinion too. And don't try to stray others from buying the car because they complain about a couple of changes.

[/B]
With all due respect, I didn't say anything wasn't my opinion and I wasn't mean nor uncool. However I've edited that comment and this one to reflect a more PC attitude.

Last edited by Sphinx002; 06-04-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #36
Sphinx002

Removed...I am zen

Last edited by Sphinx002; 06-04-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #37
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'll insert my comments here in a little bit. My wife is now yelling at me to "get off the darn computer!!!"
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #38
Sphinx002

I've edited my comments to reflect a more PC attitude.