Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who Would Win In A Fight?
Floyd Mayweather Jr. 7 41.18%
Manny Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Floyd Mayweather Jr. V.S. Manny Pacquiao

Will this fight ever take place in their prime? Who would win in your opinion? I know Floyd "claims" Manny is using performance enhancement drugs and today the judge orders Mayweather to pay Pacman $113,000 in legal fees which is chump change to him.

Read about it. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-m...0671--box.html

So what's really stopping these two great fighter's from putting on the gloves and set aside politics and just duke it out?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Floyd will destroy him. Anyone who knows boxing knows this. The real fight to watch is Bradley vs Mayweather.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Floyd will destroy him. Anyone who knows boxing knows this. The real fight to watch is Bradley vs Mayweather.
Floyd is a faster fighter but, Manny is a heavy hitter. I don't believe Bradley will bring in ratings not even in the same level as Manny think again you know this.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Floyd is a faster fighter but, Manny is a heavy hitter. I don't believe Bradley will bring in ratings not even in the same level as Manny think again you know this.
Manny is washed up bro. Bradley beat him with a broken foot. As someone who boxes, I can't tell you how big of a disadvantage that is. Despite that he still walked right through most of Manny's punches.

In addition, Marquez gave Manny huge trouble in their last fight. Marquez is just a slower and weaker Mayweather.

Manny hits hard, but Floyd doesn't get hit. His defense is amazing and he has an amazing chin anyway.

Bradley will still pull good numbers and it doesn't matter much anyway as Floyd is the real money maker anyway.

I legitimately want to see Bradley vs Floyd WAY more than Pac vs Floyd. Pac vs Floyd will be relatively boring and an easy win for Floyd.

Floyd vs Bradley however, now that will be a fight. I'm a Mayweather fan and I want to see him get challenged. There is a serious chance that he could lose to Bradley, which will make for an amazing fight regardless of who wins.

Sorry but Marquez may have won his last fight with Pac, despite what the judges said. It could have gone either way but it seemed like he had a slight edge. I think he is going to win this upcoming fight in December and that will basically be it for Pac. He had a great career though and has nothing to be ashamed of, only proud of.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
This.

PBF's style is the bane of Pacquiao's existence. You could certainly make the argument Pac lost to Marquez in the 3rd fight. A solid counter-puncher handles him.

'Superfights' aren't what they used to be. In boxing and MMA, nobody wants to concede to the risk of losing, and they push past their prime before they go all in.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
by the time these two fight Father Time will win.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Can go either way in my opinion. Key I think will be if Mayweather can dodge the left hand since Manny is southpaw. Mayweather tends to lean back and roll the shoulder.

Latest rumor I saw is fight won't happen til Paq ends his contract with Top Rank and he joins Mayweather. Makes sense to me if I wanted to keep more $$.

For all we know, they're secret buddies and hang out together trying to figure out how to maximize their earnings.
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydoo View Post
Can go either way in my opinion. Key I think will be if Mayweather can dodge the left hand since Manny is southpaw. Mayweather tends to lean back and roll the shoulder.

Latest rumor I saw is fight won't happen til Paq ends his contract with Top Rank and he joins Mayweather. Makes sense to me if I wanted to keep more $$.

For all we know, they're secret buddies and hang out together trying to figure out how to maximize their earnings.
What what what

Marquez did it just fine, Floyd would do it even better. Not trying to be overly argumentative but no way the fight could go either way. Can you elaborate on why you think this?

At this point you will only see the fight if Pac weighs the payday over the beat down. Personally if I were him, I'd take the beat down and enjoy the money.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
wait, did bradley and manny fight for a second time? I know the judges said bradley won the first match, but even bradley was willing to give up the title because it was BS. lol

as to the OP, Money May would win.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
wait, did bradley and manny fight for a second time? I know the judges said bradley won the first match, but even bradley was willing to give up the title because it was BS. lol

as to the OP, Money May would win.
Nope just once.

He gave it back? I thought he just made it vacant to entice Pac into a rematch?

You gotta watch Bradley v Pac without the commentary. I watched it twice and I scored it for Bradley both times. The crowd and announcers were extremely pro Pac. A friend I spar with thought Pac won, but upon watching it again he changed his mind.

Bradley is a tough man, hes fought with a broken rib before...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Nope just once.

He gave it back? I thought he just made it vacant to entice Pac into a rematch?

You gotta watch Bradley v Pac without the commentary. I watched it twice and I scored it for Bradley both times. The crowd and announcers were extremely pro Pac. A friend I spar with thought Pac won, but upon watching it again he changed his mind.

Bradley is a tough man, hes fought with a broken rib before...
no, he didn't give it back. lol

Overall, Pacquiao landed 253 punches to Bradley's total of 159.

Pacquiao was more accurate, especially with his power punches. He landed 190 power punches to Bradley's 108.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
Spider213

Drives: 2012 victory red 1 LT RS
This fight is 2 years past me really caring about it. Manny has a ton of trouble with counter punchers and Floyd is the best counter puncher out there. I think the real super fight today would be Sergio Martinez vs Andre Ward but Ward is probably never going to come down in weight to make that happen.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
I see Camaro5 members know as much about boxing as they do about Camaros. The misinformation about fights in here is comical.

Besides DarkneSS, most of you have any idea what you're talking about.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
PoorMansCamaro

meh, it's not really that important, now is it?