Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #15
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I'm annoyed with my rims. I like the look, but the rear fit isn't right.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #16
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
I got some gill inserts, I think by SLP if I remember right. They were literally just stickers. I peeled them off right after install.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #17
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I tried the dash kit from CarID too. I installed everything and wasn't really happy with the look. Then after a couple of days 4 pieces fell off, a couple of days later 3 more pieces fell off. I contacted CarID and you are right, they were a-holes to deal with. The guy accused me of not putting the pieces on correctly, WTF you just stick them on, how could I not put them on right? I sent him pics of the pieces that fell off but he wouldn't do anything until I threatened to complain to eBay. Then he would only give me 50% to return them, what a f'in joke.

The only other mod I regret was the static cling tail light black outs. I tried probably 6 or more times to get these stuipid things to stay attached. I tried heating them after I put them on in an attempt to get them to stick. I tore them off and threw them in the garbage when I came out of a restaurant and one of them was laying on the rear bumper. DON'T BUY THEM, WASTE OF MONEY!!
Russ
I have the static cling ones and did not have any problems, have the whole kit except the headlights. I will say that I could not get the fog lights wrinkles out to my satisfaction and decided to go without.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #18
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
3D Carbon Spats, I like the look and it may have been installer error, but after they were on for a couple weeks, I get a text from my wife with picture attached that says...Ummm.... this doesn't look right. One "spat" was hanging by underneath bolt. Thankfully it happened while sitting in garage. I had my body shop install them.
I purchased more 3M tape, but haven't had the balls to try them again. I am afraid they will come loose while driving and get destroyed. I know others here have them, so I have hope. Just saying if I had to do again, I wouldn't have purchased them.

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #19
Gunslinger09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I stick to tried and true performance mods so I have no regrets.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I am currently dealing with fitment issues on a duraflex GM style V6 splitter. Very poor fitment.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #21
tbis

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Oracle halos. I melted my headlight in the oven. Had to buy eagle eyes and return the halos at a 20% restocking fee.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[SIZE="100"]
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Just a reminder from the Camaro5 mods to keep it on topic.

That is all
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
Runawayhacker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbis View Post
Oracle halos. I melted my headlight in the oven. Had to buy eagle eyes and return the halos at a 20% restocking fee.

Don't get me started on Oracle. Went through their HOD bulbs and HID kit. WORST decision ever. Between melting wires and poor customer service, the whole thing ended in a report to the Better Business Bureau.

So, out of curiosity, how are the Eagle Eye headlights? Worth it?
- Separate Clutch Reservoir

To-Do List
- Solo Performance Axel Back Exhaust
- Headers (Undecided)
- Tune
Runawayhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Most of my mods to a point came from RPI Designs and it's a 50/50.

The front and back body colored bowties were great and almost a year later still look good.

But the plastic stick on side marker blackout kit looked so much like crap that instantly after I installed them I ripped them off and cleaned the rest of the adhesive off. They just didn't fit at all and you could see red or yellow, depending, plastic around the edge. I painted my side markers after that myself.

The back up light covers that came with them were big enough to cover so I kept them.

Then there was the "CAMARO"s for the side painted body color. They came in with chrome still showing and bubbles in the paint. I thought about just repainting them myself, but then why did I pay RPI $70. So wrote them a letter, they never responded.

I definitely regret where I got my windows tinted at. When I get a little spare change I'm going to take them to this other place and show them and ask them if they can do better.

May be a regret thread, but I have zero regrets about the Rotofab CAI or the American Racing Headers, but I especially like my Fuzzy Dice.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
I got some gill inserts, I think by SLP if I remember right. They were literally just stickers. I peeled them off right after install.
wit hall due respect, stripes, graphics, decals, etc are just "stickers", even GM rally stripes are just vinyl with adhesive backing.

IMO the SLP inserts are great quality (way overpriced haha) but still great quality.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
tbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runawayhacker View Post
Don't get me started on Oracle. Went through their HOD bulbs and HID kit. WORST decision ever. Between melting wires and poor customer service, the whole thing ended in a report to the Better Business Bureau.

So, out of curiosity, how are the Eagle Eye headlights? Worth it?
Yes definitely. Plug and play for the most part except if you have issues with the halos not getting enough power off parking lights. Mine flickered at first but U basically have to get a 5 pin relay to supply more power it makes the halos brighter too. Lots of threads on the subject. I got the eagle eyes with the 8000k hid kit from eBay.

Attached Images

[SIZE="100"]
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
tbis

The show n go license plate is another one. Very awesome when I freak people out at intersections. But regret it because I broke it the first time I bottomed out. Had to buy a replacement. just a matter of time before I break it again

[SIZE="100"]
Old 07-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #28
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
I'd love to see pics of those bad decisions!!
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote