Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
gappman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Static/crackling through audio system

Anyone have issues with intermitant static/crackling through their audio systems? When driving over certain pavement types (rougher), I get crackling through the passenger side speaker system...sometimes. I took the car to the dealer and they replaced the pillar tweeter on the passenger side. I took the car out and it still crackles from the left side of the car interior. I took it back and gave the service guy a ride and it didn't do it while he was in the car. Probably due to temperature differences?

I took the car home and it started doing it again. This time I turned off the ignition and coasted over the rough road and it still did it!

Is this some sort of ground loop issue? Something in the electrical system feeding back into the audio cables?

I have to take the car back in a week. The dealer will drive it throughout the day to duplicate my findings. Am I the only one with this issue?

Already had the spoiler fixed. Wondering what else is going to go wrong with the car.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
are you using an iphone for an mp3 player at all?
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
gappman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
are you using an iphone for an mp3 player at all?
No, I do have an iPod connection through the USB, but it does it whether it's plugged in or not.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Mine is doing the same thing on the drivers side
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by gappman View Post
Already had the spoiler fixed. Wondering what else is going to go wrong with the car.
So you have what is undoubtedly a loose connection somewhere and the well-known spoiler nut problem and you're on a "what else can go wrong?" mission? Don't worry, your car isn't falling apart nor is it going to self-destruct in 15 seconds after reading this message Mr. Phelps.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Anyone have issues with intermitant static/crackling through their audio systems? When driving over certain pavement types (rougher), I get crackling through the passenger side speaker system...sometimes. I took the car to the dealer and they replaced the pillar tweeter on the passenger side. I took the car out and it still crackles from the left side of the car interior. I took it back and gave the service guy a ride and it didn't do it while he was in the car. Probably due to temperature differences?

I took the car home and it started doing it again. This time I turned off the ignition and coasted over the rough road and it still did it!

Is this some sort of ground loop issue? Something in the electrical system feeding back into the audio cables?

I have to take the car back in a week. The dealer will drive it throughout the day to duplicate my findings. Am I the only one with this issue?

i had that problem but the road didnt have anything to do with it. when mine was doing it is was random at 1st and started happening more often until the driver side speaker just stopped working so with all that being said thats what mine did as the speaker blew out
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
import_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
gappman

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
So you have what is undoubtedly a loose connection somewhere and the well-known spoiler nut problem and you're on a "what else can go wrong?" mission? Don't worry, your car isn't falling apart nor is it going to self-destruct in 15 seconds after reading this message Mr. Phelps.
I failed to mention the squeaky fan motor that pushes air through the vents in the dash...only happens on the lower two settings on the dial, and like the audio issue, it is intermittent.

Little things, yes, but things I don't like after having spent so much on the car.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
import_killa

Quote:
I failed to mention the squeaky fan motor that pushes air through the vents in the dash...only happens on the lower two settings on the dial, and like the audio issue, it is intermittent.

Little things, yes, but things I don't like after having spent so much on the car.
I'm willing to bet you have speakers that are "starting" to fail but thats just my thoughts
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
Old 10-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
I get the crackling but only with iPhone.

The iphone issue has been discussed before. Try search if interested
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
gappman

Quote:
Originally Posted by import_killa View Post
I'm willing to bet you have speakers that are "starting" to fail but thats just my thoughts
Well, like I said, they replaced the passenger side tweeter but still does it, and it does it with the ignition off and the stereo off. Would that still be a speaker problem?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
import_killa

Quote:
Well, like I said, they replaced the passenger side tweeter but still does it, and it does it with the ignition off and the stereo off. Would that still be a speaker problem?
very unlikely if the radio is off

T
Old 10-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
If you take the keys out of the ignition the radio stays on until you open the door, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #13
gappman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
If you take the keys out of the ignition the radio stays on until you open the door, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does but I pressed the "power" button on the radio as well as turning the ignition key off and I could hear it. Strange, I know.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #14
jonm38

Drives: 2016 Siliverado LT. Camaro SS
I have heard it on my Camaro. The static, crackling sound on songs that have alot of bass I think.

USN - 1990 - 1994

2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel
jonm38 is offline   Reply With Quote