Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #701
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
You gotta love the trumpet exhaust tips..
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #702
BlckOut
mUrDeReD oUt!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobi10 View Post
Is that chrome accent around the top of the grill/headlights on RS package and none without? I prefer the RS tail lights and the base headlights, I think. That sucks since I wanna buy a 2014 2LT soon. Decisions, decisions... RS spoiler is awesome, too.
Yes, it is only on the RS package. You'll probably need to Plastidip over it if you don't care for it.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #703
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I briefly saw a 2014 SS non RS from the back today in CRT. Loved the tail lights in person for the few seconds I saw them. Couldn't get a pic, that thing was moving.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #704
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMotors View Post
Just received our first 2014 Camaro Convertible... haven't had a chance to see one of these with the top down yet. More pictures to come!
Very nice. I love that Silverado too. That will be the next vehicle I save for once my 1LE is paid off.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #705
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMotors View Post
Just received our first 2014 Camaro Convertible... haven't had a chance to see one of these with the top down yet. More pictures to come!
Oddest assortment of cars on a carrier ever.

Silverado Double Cab from Ft. Wayne Assembly
Camaro Convertible from Oshawa Assembly
SRX from Ramos Arizpe, Mexico

Guessing those are dealer trades galore.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #706
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Oddest assortment of cars on a carrier ever.

Silverado Double Cab from Ft. Wayne Assembly
Camaro Convertible from Oshawa Assembly
SRX from Ramos Arizpe, Mexico

Guessing those are dealer trades galore.
Recall they dump them at the rail yards before loading on the truck, so the calico mix occurs there usually. And the crew cab...probably Mexico.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #707
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
must say don't like the taillights at all..
Most of you guys can't relate to this but here goes: Dodge did the same thing to the 1968 Dodge Charger (The bad guys car in the Steve McQueen movie Bullitt). Beautiful rear end with "4" tail lamps then in 1969 & 70 they went with a one piece lamp and ruined the car IMO. Check out the Chase scene in Bullitt.
Overall the changes in the Camaro for 2014 wouldn't keep me from buying one but I do like my '10 SS better.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #708
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Recall they dump them at the rail yards before loading on the truck, so the calico mix occurs there usually. And the crew cab...probably Mexico.
Depending on where they are going there are distribution hubs and when enough arrive going to the same general area they load them up on the same hauler. They may have to stop at several different dealerships to drop all their cars off though. That is why two cars built on the same day but going to different dealers won't arrive at the same time even if it is the same distance from the plant.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #709
StephenMotors

Drives: A lot full of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Depending on where they are going there are distribution hubs and when enough arrive going to the same general area they load them up on the same hauler. They may have to stop at several different dealerships to drop all their cars off though. That is why two cars built on the same day but going to different dealers won't arrive at the same time even if it is the same distance from the plant.
We're located in Eastern Iowa... so most new vehicles that come on the truck gets railroaded to Chicago Heights, first. I actually spoke to the driver about the delivery today... he said they are "allowed" up to 14 days to deliver a vehicle once they receive it off the rail, so they try to stick them with other vehicles going the same general direction. That also explains why some vehicles arrive well after they come out of our bank account.
StephenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #710
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
Is that a 2013 1le in the back in the fifth picture? Wish you wouldve got a close up of that. I know I know but I never get tired of seeing that MY 1le! LOL
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #711
ZLone

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1,63 split-win, Diablo 6.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
But at the end of the day, i'd prefer the 2010 wheel over mine. Mine looks like a fleet car wheel. Oddly enough its the same one in my mom's cruze, is it not?

The 2013 wheels were a step backward as well. glad i don't have them.

Every change they've done to this car is literally to make it less muscular. Muscle cars are a niche SNIP . The gen 5 directly plays on the fact that it's a modern day muscle car.

Making it less muscular is downright foolish IMO.

Sign of the times/future. The Big 2.5 are playing to the international markets. Less weight, (cost of gas) euro/asia lines, smaller cars in general ,parking (1 car garage or none typical in Europe where most US homes 1-3 car, apts at least open car ports & storage come at a premium or none at all. Abroad most ride bike, take the train or riding their scooters and saving cars for the weekend Take taxes and duty many of the hurdles abroad are influencing what US auto makers build and we either have to get them early (while their still big, cool before they are morphed into models catering to markets abroad. Don't get me started on CAFE. Has anyone noticed (while viewing Grand AM racing at Indianapolis) GM/ALMS broke out the C7 Vette for pace car duties. Don't take this wrong I love Vettes have had many over the year currently have 2 C2's & 1 C3) Seeing her coming down the straight away sure didn't impress me. When u get chance, observe ride height, from the front slightly elevated the front facia looks like a kids cartoon or face. The light colored splitter looks like a tongue hanging out and the lights looks like ears or eyes, It really turned me off the car !!
ZLone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #712
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
There are A LOT of pic of the rear tail lights in daylight. But, what do they look like at night?
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #713
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Most of you guys can't relate to this but here goes: Dodge did the same thing to the 1968 Dodge Charger (The bad guys car in the Steve McQueen movie Bullitt). Beautiful rear end with "4" tail lamps then in 1969 & 70 they went with a one piece lamp and ruined the car IMO. Check out the Chase scene in Bullitt.
Overall the changes in the Camaro for 2014 wouldn't keep me from buying one but I do like my '10 SS better.
To me it's exactly the opposite in the case of the Charger... I prefer the '69 way more than the '68 model, because of the single piece tail light...

However, the single grill on the '70 I don't like, compared to the split one on the '69...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #714
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
There are A LOT of pic of the rear tail lights in daylight. But, what do they look like at night?
As one member stated well.... they look like STAPLES !!

Eich is offline   Reply With Quote