Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Rogue203

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
Best Brakes For My SS

Hi Guys,
Without changing calipers and going with oversized rotors. In your opinion what is the best brake pad and rotor replacement from OEM? Keep in mind this is for street use, no road racing or anything. Quietest, less dust etc?
Thanks Camaro5 members your the best!
Attached Images

Rogue203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
We have a good price on our Stillen Sport Rotors!! We have a special going on to! If you purchase our Stillen Rotors, we will give you Free Stillen Metal Matrix Pads!

PM or Call me directly with any questions.

Thanks

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
best rotor is racingbrake hands down....it looks like a brunnette in a small dress winking at you. it loses enough weight that a driver in touch with his car will notice the weight loss while cornering and accelerating...also better mpg because of reduces unsprung rotational weight if you care about.
i really like the oem pads for street. they are a dirty pad tho...but pretty gentle on rotors. people will tell you ceramic are the greatest and make no sound and no dust...its just not true...less dust but less stop as well.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue203 View Post
Hi Guys,
Without changing calipers and going with oversized rotors. In your opinion what is the best brake pad and rotor replacement from OEM? Keep in mind this is for street use, no road racing or anything. Quietest, less dust etc?
Thanks Camaro5 members your the best!
If the car is used strictly for street use, I would suggest looking into the Hawk HPS pads or the Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads. The HPS pads will stop a bit better than stock, while also producing less dust and the PC pads will stop almost as well as stock while producing very minimal dust. So you kind of have a trade off.

As for rotors, the Granatelli Rotors are a great value for street use. They come slotted and dimpled with a zinc coating to prevent rust. If you are looking for a step up from them, I would suggest the DBA rotors. Although, they may be a bit "overkill" for your usage.

Ge have great pricing on these items and it only gets better if we work out a package deal. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Last edited by JDP Sales; 08-07-2013 at 02:45 PM.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
do you have a brake pulsation?

If you don't just replacing the pads will give you good results like Tyler said.

Hawk Ceramic is nearly no dust, zero noise, and stops about like stock
Hawk HPS dust is about the same as stock, but they stop better, every once in a while you might get a noise, but not too bad.
Hawk HP+ makes a lot of dust, you will get noise, but you will stop a lot better too.

There are other brands of pad out there, but the Hawks are by far the most popular
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
Rogue203

Thanks for the advise guys! Don't think i'm going with ceramic pads. Some swear by them other, not so much it seems.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
They are very good, if you want very low dust and stock stopping,

it's all about what you want.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
Rogue203

Just ordered Baer Slotted Drilled Rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully they will perform well.