Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #15
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblock66 View Post
Well I am not a fan of aftermarket radio stuff and subs anyway. I put a JL (stealthbox or whatever they were called) in my 1997 camaro. It was cool since it didn't take any space away and I was 20 years old then, but with the radios today I can't see why you would need it louder or clearer. Believe me I am a music freak too, been playing guitar for 17 years so I am really into it. I guess b/c I am a hard rock/metal/death metal fan i don't see the need for a sub. Thats for you techno and rap people

I had a flowmaster American Thunder cat back on my 1997 and it was pure sex. Loud but sooooo sweet. This car I would do LG LongtubeHeaders with maybe no cats and a flowmaster! You won't be able to think it will be so much rumble!

I used to set off car alarms with my 1997 with the Flows.....that was with no headers lol
hahaha thats awesome!
as far as subs and rock/heavy metal go: that is EXACTLY why i want an upgraded sound system! i want a reversed sub setup (creates a punchier sound, less of the deep-end bassy stuff you hear with rap)
i guess im making it my own agenda to blast some Heavy Metal back into the Rap polluted hwys
don't get me wrong, i like rap, just not most of the radio stuff. IMO theres no reason why metal cant be blasted the way rap is?

either way...
noise pollution all the way! yeah!

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
I just feel if the bass is overpowered I can't hear the guitar well and me no likes that. My last 3 cars I have thought the stock upgraded stereo was plenty fine. Like for the camaro there will be some 11 speaker monster system I think. Thats fine by me, no need to add more weight to the car
Mblock66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #17
lalometalik
killer bAnana

cool!
I, on the other hand, need to feel that double-pedal kick thump on my chest!
yeeehaw!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblock66 View Post
I just feel if the bass is overpowered I can't hear the guitar well and me no likes that. My last 3 cars I have thought the stock upgraded stereo was plenty fine. Like for the camaro there will be some 11 speaker monster system I think. Thats fine by me, no need to add more weight to the car
nine speakers, and will be good for me

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #19
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
I agree with you all the way i like both kinds of music i mostly listen to rap but rock when i workout but the rap on the radio is the worst music i have ever heard here and there is some good stuff but most is junk and there is some rock songs out there that do hit pretty hard with a lot of bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
hahaha thats awesome!
as far as subs and rock/heavy metal go: that is EXACTLY why i want an upgraded sound system! i want a reversed sub setup (creates a punchier sound, less of the deep-end bassy stuff you hear with rap)
i guess im making it my own agenda to blast some Heavy Metal back into the Rap polluted hwys
don't get me wrong, i like rap, just not most of the radio stuff. IMO theres no reason why metal cant be blasted the way rap is?

either way...
noise pollution all the way! yeah!
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #20
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
My Alpine head unit in my Colorado has a full speed connection for my ipod so it sounds great and iI can control it through the remote. All music sounds better at FULL range which requires a Sub with POWER. The BA head unit with 245 wats is still very bacic power wise. I will definately need more power and subs. I like the Alpine PDX 1.1000 amp for the subs. It actually bench tested to 1145 watts (RMS), not peak. All of Alpines PDX series amps come with an actual bench test report. If it will fit, I will probably fasten a box with two subs to the back seat that folds down. That way when you fold the seat down you have all the bass right behind you. 10's or 12's if it will fit.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #21
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
BTW I have two of the Alpine 1000 watt amps with two Pioneer 10's and another 600 watt 4 way for the 6 1/2's in the doors. I will be ordering a high output alternator if I can when I order on the 13th.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #22
GEARHEAD

Drives: 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Anybody else use Elemental Design subs and amps? I used to spend thousands of dollars on speakers, and usually ended up disappointed. Until I found Elemental Design, they are amazing.

http://www.edesignaudio.com
GEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #23
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I will probably fasten a box with two subs to the back seat that folds down. That way when you fold the seat down you have all the bass right behind you. 10's or 12's if it will fit.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #24
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL HEMI 4x4 View Post
Most of the time, I sit here with the wife, reading all these posts while she is doing her ( real work related issues and she hears me "laugh" or say Shit !! )

What I mean by this, is the reality of the new Camaro...., and ALL the associated costs of it, by the very young crowd who WANTS to own one.

Such as...I WANT THIS..... I WANT THAT ...I WANT THIS....I WANT THAT..

This seems like a CHRISTMAS WISH LIST......

I just posted in another thread, (who will get 1 as soon as they can,) and out of 22 posts, as my posting, 22 people have said they CANNOT GET 1 at release time...

I am 54 yo....Retired with a pension....and CAN afford one....Have a HOME PAID IN FULL
Have a 2007 Impala LTZ ( almost paid for )

But I do NOT come on here, just (A WISHING TO EVERYONE, WHAT I WANT) on every thread on this site....

I see some people being post whores, and "patting themselves on the back" for doing so, to get 1,000 posts.....Get a life...besides SITTING on the site posting on EVERYTHING YOU SEE !!

Sorry for my rant.....but it is true....hate to see and hear BRAGGARTS.....

Such as 15-18 y/o or YOUNGER, who cannot get a Camaro for 2-3 years....I understand you LOVE for the Camaro....but .......
im glad to know you care as much as i do about my 1000th post aswell, i take a little exception to you being mad about the post count thing. posting is how you ask questions get answers and generally help people learn things, but really in an information drought like we are having right now, what can you expect, we are putting out a few fires caused by indy and answering questions people have. im glad that you are ready to buy the car as we need as many people as possible to, we need the sales we need GM profitable and im glad you are willing to help with that. if you dont like a thread dont read any more of it. the forum is only as good as what you put into it.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #25
lalometalik
killer bAnana

thanks for your input!
as some of us need help coming to the realization that sacrifices will have to be made, in order to purchase this vehicle we're devastatingly infatuated with

but this comment may be better placed in the pricing segment

Old 10-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #26
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Quote:
I know this section of the post should have gone elsewhere....just trying to EDUCATE the Younger crowd...

As the saying goes....(YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT)

I am pretty much in that younger crowd im just 19 but the times have changed and some of us do have good jobs and can afford it and have wanted one for a long time and have been saving up for this and idk about others but i have gotten everything i have wanted by saving up for it keepin my eye on the prize so dont come on here and tell them they cant have one cause some can but just not on the release date some are waiting 2 years or so, they can save a lot of money in 2 years just as long as they work for it.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #27
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
I know this section of the post should have gone elsewhere....just trying to EDUCATE the Younger crowd...

As the saying goes....(YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT)
your pretty positive arent you.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

No i know what your talking about and i read all of your post but the whole thing with not hearing your tone or something it

sounded like you were coming on here sounded like and old grumpy man, btw i'm not attacking you haha, but yeah i'm sure

there are some kids on here that cant get their car for awhile but why cant they dream and learn about their car before they

buy it whats wrong with that? Just like some of the ppl that came on here back in 2006 learning and writing about the

camaro and having years before it comes out. And maybe its the CAPS but it makes me tend to think your angry or something.

Edit: Back on topic ill probably be getting the sub in my camaro