Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
GSP and Carwin
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #16
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
With about two weeks left, here is what we have so far:

GSP: 8

Hardy: 0

Mir: 4

Carwin: 4
Old 03-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #17
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I didn't know about the unbeaten part...thanks!

But Mir is my boy! You all have to admit, he's a pretty good trash talker, not as good as Tito Ortiz, but good. I can honestly say, I've never seen a full Carwin fight...maybe because they don't go longer than a round.
the unbeaten part is true fitchs one and only loss is GSP. check Fitchs record at ufc.com and seach fitch under the fighter tab.

there is a small part of me that thing GSP will knock out Hardy 2nd round. but i do not think it will go the distance. the only advantance that i see hardy haveing is the ability of GSP taking a punch.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #18
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Awesome, thanks for the info slicker! Now, how do you think Fitch will do agains Alves the same night?

You mean GSP's inability of taking a punch? GSP's gonna have to be super quick to avoid those hard punches from Hardy...but I have faith in GSP.

I do think that in Mir vs. Carwin, someone is gonna get KTFO...if it's Mir that does, i'm gonna cry
Old 03-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #19
slicker
slicker

yes thank you i did mean the inability for GSP.

i think fitch will take Alves by sub maybe by 2nd round, his last 5 fight have gone to decision including the fight with GSP and he needs to finish a fight. i dont think fitch has the power to knock him out. as far as mir and carwin i like both and think that carwin will take mir. but if carwin does take mir it will be a knock out. ofcorse mir will try to bring it to the ground. If it does go to the ground we will get to see what kind of ground game carwin has. cawin has not been past the first round

this should be an interesting fight base on mir has greatly improve his boxing and the way mir took congo.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #20
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
GSP all the way!!! I watched the prefight show and now GSP is powerlifting. This guy continues to amaze me. Then they show Hardy showing up at Serra's gym to train. What a joke! I want to see GSP knock Hardy out, but that probably won't happen. Why would he get himself in a slugfest when he has all the weapons in his arsenal to insure a win?

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #21
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

For sure!! I think we agree that if Carwin wins, it's going to be by knockout. I can't deny that Mir's hands are getting better though.

Fitch, huh? I would agree with you, slicker...unless Alves catches him with a clean shot but it could go either way!

Oh yea, I saw the prefight show as well and they are good at showing GSP's training. Do you guys think that Hardy going to train with Serra will help his chances?

I think that it might a bit...
Old 03-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #22
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
It can't hurt because you know GSP is going to take him to to the mat.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #23
slicker
slicker

i think Hardy training with Serra in funny. Serra is one of two that has beaten GSP. I don’t really like serra but he is a pretty good fighter and really good on the ground. but those of us that have watched GSP fight you will have to admit that he gets better every time he fights. He likes to beat you at your own game. With that being said we will move to GSP vs Serra 2 when serra said GSP would not make an example of him and that exactly what GSP did. GSP mixes it up very well and he’s very well rounded
Old 03-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #24
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
GSP is unreal. The best thing about the guy is he doesn't go for peoples weakness. He beats you at the thing your the best at... every time. takes down and dominates wrestlers, knocks out strikers and submits jiu-jitsu artists.

If he's in shape and focused, there's no one close.

Carwin is a beast, Mir's got a tough fight on his hands. I'd like to see carwin and lesnar so I'm gonna pick Carwin for that one.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #25
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker View Post
i think Hardy training with Serra in funny. Serra is one of two that has beaten GSP. I don’t really like serra but he is a pretty good fighter and really good on the ground. but those of us that have watched GSP fight you will have to admit that he gets better every time he fights. He likes to beat you at your own game. With that being said we will move to GSP vs Serra 2 when serra said GSP would not make an example of him and that exactly what GSP did. GSP mixes it up very well and he’s very well rounded
I'll have to agree...look how easily he dominated BJ Penn (remember that one?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
GSP is unreal. The best thing about the guy is he doesn't go for peoples weakness. He beats you at the thing your the best at... every time. takes down and dominates wrestlers, knocks out strikers and submits jiu-jitsu artists.

If he's in shape and focused, there's no one close.

Carwin is a beast, Mir's got a tough fight on his hands. I'd like to see carwin and lesnar so I'm gonna pick Carwin for that one.
You'd have to think what shape Lesnar will be in after what he went through. I think either fighter, Mir or Carwin, is going to be a good challenge for him. If it's Mir, it will close that saga. Both fighters know each other semi-well and they know what each other can do.

If it's Carwin, both may be a bit surprised of what the other will bring.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #26
slicker
slicker

who can forget the bj penn fight bj could not continue then says that GSP had vasoline on his shoulders, the bottom line was that was a very good fight and bj tapped between rounds could not continue. I loved that fight

I would have to say that lesner and carwin would be a very interesting fight. That’s one I would love to see. They both punch very hard. lenser is a wrestler and we have not seen what carwin can do on the ground. Dam carwin even has bigger hands then lesner. But if I were to pick a winner between those two I would have to go carwin. I do think that carwin would out punch lesner. I’m not a big fan of lesner, and that’s because of his attitude when he fought mir. I know he apologized but only because Dana made him.

He thinks he’s still in the WWE. Someone needs to let him know that he fights in the UFC and it’s as real as it gets. but respect is big in the UFC. when you beat someone dont get back in his face talking $%^%. UFC fighter's train thier buts of so we can be entertained.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #27
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Yea that GSP/Penn fight was classic! There was no touching GSP!!!

I think the only reason Lesnar got in Mir's face after the fight was because (knowing Mir), Mir was talking a lot of smack on Lesnar before the fight. I'm not saying it was okay for Lesnar to do that, but I can see why. Remember the Cole Miller/Junie Browning fight? Browning was talking "ish" about Miller and when Miller tapped him out, he started yelling in his face.

At any rate, I've never seen Carwin on the ground as well, but I think that he would to try and avoid going to the ground. That's a slug fest if it ever happens...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #28
slicker
slicker

ya i Remember the Cole Miller/Junie Browning fight and did basicly the same thing. i also remember rich calemti doing the body motion over melvin galard when rich choked him out and i still like rich and cole. im interested in seeing if carwin has a ground game and we just might find out on the 27th.